View Poll Results: Which Is Your Favorite Harry Potter Book?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Year One - The Sorcerer's Stone

6 11.11%
  • Year Two - The Chamber of Secrets

1 1.85%
  • Year Three - The Prisoner of Azkaban

6 11.11%
  • Year Four - The Goblet of Fire

9 16.67%
  • Year Five - The Order of the Phoenix

12 22.22%
  • Year Six - The Half Blood Prince

9 16.67%
  • Year Seven - The Deathly Hallows

11 20.37%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Potter Fans, I've Got One Question For Ya!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moustachioed View Post
    After reading the epilogue I decided that Harry is not very creative when it comes to naming people.
    I thought it was sweet the name he gave to his son that was scared of what house he would end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    I thought it was sweet the name he gave to his son that was scared of what house he would end up in.
    I did enjoy that part, but I read the end so fast that I started getting confused on who was who. I must admit, I think J.K. Rowling comes up with some of the best names.

My favorites include:
    Xenophilius Lovegood
    Gilderoy Lockheart
    Bellatrix Lestrange
    Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington
    and of course, Professor Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

And for more of a reason of why I enjoyed Order of the Pheonix here are some quotes I found not in any order.

"Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you..."
    "Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?" said Harry sarcastically.

"I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"
    "What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?" said George indignantly, as his mother pushed him aside and flung her arms around her youngest son.

In Divination class: "Well, I had one that I was playing Quidditch the other night," said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. "What do you think that means?"
    "Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something," said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest.

As they climbed the staircase, the photos of various Healers called out to them, diagnosing odd complaints and suggesting horrible remedies. Ron was seriously affronted when a medieval wizard called out that he clearly had a bad case of spattergroit.
    "And what's that supposed to be?" he asked angrily, as the Healer pursued him through six more portraits, shoving the occupants out of the way.
    "'Tis a most grievous affliction of the skin, young master, that will leave you pockmarked and more gruesome even than you are now --"
    "Watch who you're calling gruesome!" said Ron, his ears turning red.
    "The only remedy is to take the liver of a toad, bind it tight about your throat, stand naked by the full moon in a barrel of eels' eyes --"
    "I have not got spattergoit!"
    "But the unsightly blemishes on your visage, young master --"
    "They're freckles!" said Ron furiously. (OP)

"And from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell out die, Ron, die -- I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong."

all the quotes were from J.K. Rowling

• My cuties!

If you haven't done it already, I highly recommend listening to the books on cd. Jim Dale does an awesome job reading them. The death in book 7 mentioned above didn't affect me when I read the book the first time (probably because I read the book so fast) but when I was listening to it, I was crying (in the grocery store, no less; I had the book on my mp3).

I can't pick a favorite because I love each book for different reasons.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Moustachioed View Post

"I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!"
    "What are Fred and I, next-door neighbors?" said George indignantly, as his mother pushed him aside and flung her arms around her youngest son.
    Gotta love those twins!

I have a connection with the first. It was the first book I have ever read fully when I was young, and still one of my favorite movies. I am reading it over again, every-time I read it it feels like every chapter is its own amazing story!
    Although I love the film version of Goblet of Fire..
    Very tough one..
    -Tyler

• Minion

Now, there's 4 threads on here for Harry Potter, 3 of them I created, two of them for the new movie alone.....

But I'm not sure which one it was where someone said that the new movie was basically setting up the final movie.

So one special note before I continue, anyone who hasn't read the books or seen the new movie yet, please do not read the spoiler box below!

Spoiler
    In book 6, while Harry is at the Burrow and talking to Bill and Arthur, they tell him that Ollivander the wandmaker has closed his shop and disappeared without notice. There was no other mention of him after that. Not until in book 7 that is, when Harry makes it back to the Burrow and his scar links him to Voltemort yet again, and he sees Voltemort torturing the wand maker.

Now in the new movie, The Half Blood Prince, at the beginning of the film, it is showing downtown London. A number of executives are in an office building and they're looking out the windows at the sky, where the clouds are getting darker. Suddenly, 3 trails of smoke burst out of the clouds, flying through the streets of London, where they make their way to Diagon Alley. And they blast through a shop, bringing out the shopkeeper, who's head is covered, and they fly off with him. We would have to assume this is Ollivander and a setup for the final movie.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Probably Order of the Phoenix.

When I heard the first movie was coming out, I decided to read the book to find out what the big deal was. My then BF had the first 4 books, so I borrowed the first one and was amazed at how well-written it was. So I borrowed books 2-4 after I read the first. Then we split up, so I only own books 5-7. One of these days I'll get my own copies of the first 4 books as I'd like to read the entire series again.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Probably Order of the Phoenix.

When I heard the first movie was coming out, I decided to read the book to find out what the big deal was. My then BF had the first 4 books, so I borrowed the first one and was amazed at how well-written it was. So I borrowed books 2-4 after I read the first. Then we split up, so I only own books 5-7. One of these days I'll get my own copies of the first 4 books as I'd like to read the entire series again.
    You should still be able to buy them at Target for a pretty good price.

• Minion

I'm going to say it again, book 7 is the best.

I just finished reading it again, and when I got to the last few chapters, towards the end, the chapter "The Missing Mirror", I just could not put the book down. I wanted to keep reading through to the end.

And after reading it once I saw HBP, I'll say again I just cannot wait until the two part movie comes out. And I do hope that John Williams will return to do the score for both parts, for the composer who has done the last 2 films, said he will not be returning.

And what I would like to see, either during the credits of DH part 2, or after the credits, are quick shots of Harry, Ron, Heromoine, Ginny, Neville, and maybe even Draco through the all the films. I remember they did something like that for just the trio in one of the trailers for Goblet of Fire, but all of them have come a long way and it would be nice to see a little photo tribute of the "years" that they have put into this.

Anyways, that's my thought on it.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The problem is that the visions that we get in our heads, while we read the books, don't always make it into the films.

• Minion

I guess we can say that Potter mania has died down a bit. Probably by a couple of guinea pigs. :P

• Rock Star Minion

I guess we can say that Potter mania has died down a bit. Probably by a couple of guinea pigs. :P
    Maybe.
    Well, the movies Goblet of Fire (10) and Order of the Phoenix (4) were in the top ten sold movies last week, according to the NYT.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Maybe.
    Well, the movies Goblet of Fire (10) and Order of the Phoenix (4) were in the top ten sold movies last week, according to the NYT.
    That's because Warner Bros released the first 4 movies with special edition covers. But they're all one disc dvd's and they don't have any special bonus features.

So if there are any Potter fans out there who don't have any copies of the movies on dvd, and would like to see photo's of the trio as they got older from the first movie up to about the 4th one, then they would be interested in purchasing these special edition covers. Each of them have a shot of Daniel, Emma, and Rupert through the years as each movie came out.

• Rock Star Minion

That's because Warner Bros released the first 4 movies with special edition covers. But they're all one disc dvd's and they don't have any special bonus features.

So if there are any Potter fans out there who don't have any copies of the movies on dvd, and would like to see photo's of the trio as they got older from the first movie up to about the 4th one, then they would be interested in purchasing these special edition covers. Each of them have a shot of Daniel, Emma, and Rupert through the years as each movie came out.
    Are they pan-and-scan as well?
    They did make the roles their own, though I wish they had found a more toothy and hairy Hermione. Emma seems too beautiful for the role as written by JKR. Not that I'm complaining.
    And I hope they can find work after this. They might go Brady Bunch on us.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast