View Poll Results: Which Is Your Favorite Harry Potter Book?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Year One - The Sorcerer's Stone

6 11.11%
  • Year Two - The Chamber of Secrets

1 1.85%
  • Year Three - The Prisoner of Azkaban

6 11.11%
  • Year Four - The Goblet of Fire

9 16.67%
  • Year Five - The Order of the Phoenix

12 22.22%
  • Year Six - The Half Blood Prince

9 16.67%
  • Year Seven - The Deathly Hallows

11 20.37%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Minion

Potter Fans, I've Got One Question For Ya!!!!!

With the 6th movie coming out in a matter of days, in little over a week, it's Potter Mania time!! Now a couple of weeks ago, I did a poll thread on Potter vs Twilight. So far, it's the Potter magic winning out on that one by a landslide. I'm not going to ask which Harry Potter movie you like best, because we still have got one to go, or two if you count them as split. But all the books have come out, so I ask the following:

Which of the 7 books do you like the best?

Do you like the very first one, The Sorcerer's Stone? Or the second one, The Chamber of Secrets? Both of which are short and sweet.

Or do you like the fourth one, the pivotal novel in the series, The Goblet of Fire, where Voldemort returns?

Or the final and climactic one, The Deathly Hallows?

Now there are some Harry Potter fans that are fans of the movies, but not necessarily of the books. There's nothing wrong with that, cause some of us are just not book readers. But the books are a very good read, and for a lot of first time Potter readers, the books are very hard to put down, especially the last one.

So to my fellow HP fans who love both the books as well as the movies, I ask those of you to give your opinion on what your favorite "year" is in the series and why? For those that have read the books, whether before the movies or after them, let us know what you think is the better book. These aren't just children's books here, they attract readers of all ages. And for those that haven't read them, I do invite you to take some time & curl up with a good Potter book, and enter the world of fantasy and magic at Hogwarts.

So throw your votes in and tell us why. And make your choice carefully, because it ain't multiple choice.

As for my vote, I'm throwing it behind Deathly Hallows. Above all, it was the one that I just could not put down, especially the last couple of chapters. I loved that climatic battle towards the end, and I cannot wait till it comes out in the theaters. The fact alone that it's split into 2 parts tells me that they're trying not to leave anything out.
    Last edited by AidensDaddy; 07-04-2009 at 02:36 PM.

• Disneyland PAP

Re: Potter Fans, I've Got One Question For Ya!!!!!

Azkaban. The entire concept of four high school chums so bonded together, and the iconography of Prongs, Wormtail, Mooney and Padfoot that was introduced in this story, and Harry finally realizing he does have one living "parent" in this weird life he's lived are all satisfying and outright clever elements that have never been matched and surpassed for me by Rowling in the books that followed.

• Ravenclaw

Goblet of Fire, without a doubt. That was the first book I was actually at a midnight release for, and experienced the Harry phenomenon firsthand. The book also was the turning point of the series.
    Amnesia used to be my favourite word, but I forgot it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Exprmnt626 View Post
    Goblet of Fire, without a doubt. That was the first book I was actually at a midnight release for, and experienced the Harry phenomenon firsthand. The book also was the turning point of the series.
    I'll be honest, that is actually the first book I read of the series, sometime after I saw the 3rd movie, and before the 4th movie came out.

• Minion

Blog Entries

5 was my first. My grandpa gave me an old beaten up copy for my graduation and I've been hooked ever since. 5 holds a special place in my heart. 7 in a close second, followed by 3.

• is "Turn[ing] It Off"

Shortly after seeing the first movie, I went out to Sam's Club, and I got all the books available (1,2,3, and 4). At that time, book three was my favorite. I remember reading the entire series from first to latest release for each of the release parties for books 5, 6, and 7. I've read book 3 and 5 the most as they are my favorites in the series. However, there's too much to love about book 5 so it's definitely on the top of my list!

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

The first! Simple and sweet.

• Minion

Everytime I read them, I go through them in order. Naturally, I'm on book 6 right now. Around chapter 7 or 8. Harry just got back to the feast after being "trampled" by Malfoy, and Harry was almost left on the train.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I picked Sorcerer's Stone. It's got such a wide-eyed view of all the magic and how things work in the wizarding world, and it's such a great hook for the rest of the series. I do love Azkaban though, because of the time travel aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by AidensDaddy View Post
    Everytime I read them, I go through them in order. Naturally, I'm on book 6 right now. Around chapter 7 or 8. Harry just got back to the feast after being "trampled" by Malfoy, and Harry was almost left on the train.
    I just passed you by this morning. I've already been to see young Tom Riddle today. This book devastated me at the end, so I'm not looking forward to finishing in any great hurry. I guess it can't really be delayed though, and I don't think the end has changed any since I read it last, so onwards I go!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I ma finished with book 6 Taking a break before Book 7... 6 months of Potter has done me in

Book 5 is my fave.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Rock Star Minion

I don't think I can choose. Azkaban or Hallows, followed closely by HBP.

I am currently rerererereading the 7th, after watching a few chapters of the claymation videos on youtube (quick review: they are worth exactly the price you pay) to see what that creator had cut. I am now on the part in the book where they have apparated into Hogmeade.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    I picked Sorcerer's Stone. It's got such a wide-eyed view of all the magic and how things work in the wizarding world, and it's such a great hook for the rest of the series. I do love Azkaban though, because of the time travel aspect.

I just passed you by this morning. I've already been to see young Tom Riddle today. This book devastated me at the end, so I'm not looking forward to finishing in any great hurry. I guess it can't really be delayed though, and I don't think the end has changed any since I read it last, so onwards I go!

See I want the timing to be right. I'd like to be finishing book 6 when we're standing in line for the midnight showing of the movie.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Okay, I'm done with 6 now, too! That one is too gripping to put down once it gets going.

And so now that I'm thinking about 7, I really like that one as well, for all the wand lore. That was amazingly well done.

Sigh. I'm sad now. 6 just wipes me out, every time.
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Okay, I'm done with 6 now, too! That one is too gripping to put down once it gets going.

And so now that I'm thinking about 7, I really like that one as well, for all the wand lore. That was amazingly well done.

Sigh. I'm sad now. 6 just wipes me out, every time.

7 Wipes me out more. With the loss of a certain person in particular, it makes me remember the "laughter". Know who I'm talking about?

Not trying to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

• or CBF

I picked 7. The last 3 (5,6, and 7) were neck and neck for me.

Reading how it all wraps up in DH was great.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast