• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

HUGH JACKMAN & DANIEL CRAIG on Broadway

Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman will co-star in the two-character Keith Huff play A Steady Rain, which will begin previews Sept. 10 at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre.

Directed by Tony Award nominee John Crowley, the production will play a strictly limited 12-week engagement through Dec. 6. Opening night is scheduled for Sept. 29.
    more at:

A Steady Rain, with Craig and Jackman, to Play Broadway's Schoenfeld

Playbill News: A Steady Rain, with Craig and Jackman, to Play Broadway's Schoenfeld
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: HUGH JACKMAN & DANIEL CRAIG on Broadway

Sounds good. Of course....I'd go just to drool over Craig.

• Happy Memories

As I understand, a deal was also recently made for this play to be adapted as a film. The play write will be adapting the script himself. No word yet if Craig and Jackman would also be doing the film, but one would assume, based on their appeal, that they would most likely be the first choices when it comes time to cast.

• Circle of Ancients

I always seem to respect actors that can do it all. I know Jackman LOVES doing Broadway, I can't remember Craig doing Broadway before though, or at least not since he's been a big time star. I'm sure he's done London though.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

My understanding that Craig, tho not a stage-man himself, was raised by his mother who was a performer. I, too, find that those who are willing to do the stage have, by far, a bit more going for them. Think about it. A film star has to keep you interested for a few seconds the camera is rolling, and if it doesn't work, you can film it again.

But a stage performer has hold your attention for a good two hours or more.

I was raised on Broadway, with a dancer of a mom, you see these things. My other evidence? Watch the Tonys. Watch the Emmys and then watch the Oscars-then, watch what happens to the performers when something goes wrong. The stage performers zing and keep going. The movie stars look fantastic. Emmy is somewhere inbetween.

These two are so good, I'd pay to watch them read ingrediants backwards standing in iodine. I bet, even if the play is terrible, they both will be magnetic.

I always dislike it when they turn a play into something of a movie--they are completely different mediums. There is much editing of the original work that goes into the transition. Sometimes it shines. Sometimes it doesn't. Evidence? Anything written by Neil Simon for the stage. Mel Brooks' The Producers--excellence on stage, a movie? Not so much.

This is awesome news. Can you tell I used to be a critic?

Oy.

peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend