Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Michael Jackson: A lost song was recorded but not released

Jackson Sings About Escapism On Previously Unreleased Song - Hip-Hop Media Training

A clip of a previously unreleased Michael Jackson song has hit the net, and it feels eerie.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Michael Jackson: A lost song was recorded but not released

There will probably be a lot more of those coming out in the next 12 months.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

I like it!

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    I don't doubt it, and quite the range in terms of quality I imagine.

This brief clip sounds good. I think Jackson was a bit of a perfectionist, so there's probably some good material that he wasn't comfortable releasing, that will still be excellent.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    I've heard Michael had recorded more unreleased music then any other artist that has passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

This brief clip sounds good. I think Jackson was a bit of a perfectionist, so there's probably some good material that he wasn't comfortable releasing, that will still be excellent.
    I agree the music probably wouldn't be to Michael's standards, but with him gone, I think we will hear many songs that were not "Michael-Ready".

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I don't know what you all are talking about. All I saw was pictures, links to video's etc. What am I suppost to be looking for on the page? Dumb it down for me!

EDIT: NM, I clicked the link in the quote rather than the link the quote was from.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post

Good points, 'Geek and 'Pete.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Who does he record for? I'm sure they won't have any problem what-so-ever milking the heck out of all these unreleased songs. They'll probably release some collectors edition CD's or something.

I've heard Michael had recorded more unreleased music then any other artist that has passed on.
    I doubt this is true. It's my understanding that Prince has a vast catalog of unreleased music that could easily fill 30 albums, not to mention that he has released at least one album a year since 1978.

Even though unreleased music can be cool, and you can find a few gems among the tracks, more often than not, music stays in the vault for a reason, it's sub par. This is not even taking into account that Jackson's creative peak might have been in the mid nineties.

None of this will stop his label from flooding the market with reissues of his albums ("with previously unavailable music!") to make a quick buck on a dead faded celebrity who was all but forgotten before he died.

The only they have to figure out now though is who actually OWNS the music.

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post
    I doubt this is true. It's my understanding that Prince has a vast catalog of unreleased music that could easily fill 30 albums, not to mention that he has released at least one album a year since 1978.

Even though unreleased music can be cool, and you can find a few gems among the tracks, more often than not, music stays in the vault for a reason, it's sub par. This is not even taking into account that Jackson's creative peak might have been in the mid nineties.

None of this will stop his label from flooding the market with reissues of his albums ("with previously unavailable music!") to make a quick buck on a dead faded celebrity who was all but forgotten before he died.

That's not too hard. It comes down to who owns the master copies, and what was discussed in contracts. Determining who owns the music will be the easiest legal issue in this whole MJ OD'ing thing.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailerm View Post

Michael Jackson is shaping up to be 2009's best-selling artist according to recently revealed numbers.

According to Sony Music, worldwide shipment totals on Michael Jackson albums have reach 15.5 million and counting!

News of the King of Pop's sales success follows both Billboard and Los Angeles Times reports surrounding the potential for Jackson to exceed records set by the Eagles and other iconic acts.
    Michael Jackson Exceeds 15mil Worldwide, Reports Confirm Needle Marks - Singersroom.com

Who ever has the master tapes does not necessarily own the music on them, there are distribution rights, song writer royalties, musician fees ect. These are all things that may or may not have been written into contracts. Jackson may have fulfilled his agreement with Epic (Sony) and no longer under any obligation to them, he may have recorded music that he had not cleared license from.

If this was just a joe blow record, most things would get hammered out easily, but with a lot of hands in the cookie jar (Label, Parents, Management, song writers, producers ect) and being as high profile as it is, a lot of little nagging little details may have to be worked out first.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I kinda thought the clip sucked to be honest.

• hi!

i've heard a LOT of MJ's unreleased cuts.. and whoever was deciding that those songs NOT make it on an album was doing a great job.. a lot of his unreleased stuff is not up to par with his released tracks.
    -plagued

• Minion

you guys are all right now that michaels gone and with so much materrial flloating around, im sure who ever owns the rights will get then all digitaly remasterd do a few box sets put a big red bow on them and release them to a michael hungry public and cash in take the money and run. and wait for the next celeb to pass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast