• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Stieg Larssen trilogy

Has anybody read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yet? I had heard a lot of buzz around it, so I finally picked up a copy for the return trip from WDW las month, and I was so glad I did. Larssen really did an amazing job with the character of Lisbeth Sallander, and he told one hell of a great tale. I could barely put it down, and when I finished, I wanted to read it again immediately.

The second book in the trilogy is The Girl Who Played With Fire, and it just came out. I haven't read it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. And the last book, The Girl Who Kicked A Hornet's Nest (I think that's the title!! ) comes out next year. Sadly, after submitting all three manuscripts to his pulisher, Larssen passed away from a heart attack, so there will be no follow up novels after next year's.

Anybody a fan?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Who Gave Rob an Avatar?

Re: Stieg Larssen trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Has anybody read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo yet? I had heard a lot of buzz around it, so I finally picked up a copy for the return trip from WDW las month, and I was so glad I did. Larssen really did an amazing job with the character of Lisbeth Sallander, and he told one hell of a great tale. I could barely put it down, and when I finished, I wanted to read it again immediately.

The second book in the trilogy is The Girl Who Played With Fire, and it just came out. I haven't read it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. And the last book, The Girl Who Kicked A Hornet's Nest (I think that's the title!! ) comes out next year. Sadly, after submitting all three manuscripts to his pulisher, Larssen passed away from a heart attack, so there will be no follow up novels after next year's.

Anybody a fan?
    I have read both and the third one will be released in the UK on Oct 1st. If you can read Swedish, and it is already available as is the Spanish version. I liked them and found that after getting through the first half of tattoo that they were an easy read.
    Last edited by mousechild; 11-02-2009 at 01:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanda Woman View Post
    Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I just heard about it and now am curious... Great another series to read.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

If you have an iPhone, you can download the first book to the Wattpad reader application.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    If you have an iPhone, you can download the first book to the Wattpad reader application.

The page count on that seems short by about 200 pages, I also wonder who uploaded it since it is still actively for sale in other digital formats.

For those that just can't wait, like me, the third book in the trilogy is out and available via Amazon UK.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

I bought the first one like a month ago and bring it with me everyday to work. I just keep thinking "should I read or knit?" And until all my Christmas knitting is done...

Finished Hornet's Nest, it is much like the others, an intricate plot centered on all the familiar characters. A good third book to a well written trilogy.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mousechild View Post
    Finished Hornet's Nest, it is much like the others, an intricate plot centered on all the familiar characters. A good third book to a well written trilogy.
    Ooh, I'm jealous! Maybe I'll head to Amazon UK and see if I can get it.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

It seems to be a growing trend:

At a time of price wars and pressure from electronic books, a group of independent bookstores has found at least one way to lure customers into paying premium prices for a hardcover title: import an eagerly awaited book from Britain several months before its release in the United States and then jack up the price.

Coming on the heels of the breakout success of “The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo” and “The Girl Who Played With Fire,” the first two volumes in the posthumously published thriller trilogy by the Swedish author Stieg Larsson, booksellers are now importing British editions of “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest,” the third volume in the bestselling series six months before its publication here.

Charging as much as $45 for the book, which sells on Amazon in Britain for 8.99 (about $14.75), some booksellers have sold more than a hundred copies each.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/08/books/08girl.html