Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The MiceChat Official Country Music Fan Thread

This is the thread for, as the title suggests, MiceChat's many fans of country musc to profess their love, loud and proud!

I haven't listened to some of the newer acts lately. My tastes in country music range from the current standard-bearers like Reba and George Strait - both of which are still going strong...to some of my favorite acts like Alabama, George Jones, Merle, Willie, Johnny Cash, Alabama, Ronnie Milsap, the Judds...to name just a few.

I used to work with a country radio program director who told me that mamy country fans came over after growing up on "oldies" and then "classic rock". That was certainly true for me.

How about you?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• hi!

Re: The MiceChat Official Country Music Fan Thread

sadly, i've only recently begun listening to Country (and even then, just pop-country: underwood, rascal flatts, toby keith, keith urban, sugarland, etc.). and where i'm from, that genre is pretty much laughed at, so i don't have much exposure to the (im sure) better and classic acts there are out there.

but for the record, i'm not a fan of taylor swift whatsoever :X
    -plagued

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    sadly, i've only recently begun listening to Country (and even then, just pop-country: underwood, rascal flatts, toby keith, keith urban, sugarland, etc.). and where i'm from, that genre is pretty much laughed at, so i don't have much exposure to the (im sure) better and classic acts there are out there.

but for the record, i'm not a fan of taylor swift whatsoever :X
    Hard to believe that the LA radio market went quite awhile without even one country station. Now at least there's FM 105.

A station that I worked at for many years, KHAY, has been a big player in the Ventura County-Santa Barbara-Canyon Country listening areas dating back to the 70's.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 08-16-2009 at 12:40 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just got through listening to some Garth Brooks. My favorite song of his is "The Dance". Good metaphor for life itself.

I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss ...the...dance.

• far, far away from DL

I cry every time I hear that song. I really like a lot of the older country. Dolly, George Jones, Hank Sr. Conway Twitty. I love The Rose by Conway Twitty. Such a good song.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I now have Sirius/XM satellite radio, as well as XM through DirecTV, and one of my favorite channels is one called "The Roadhouse", which has classic country from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Willie Nelson's channel "Willie's Place" is good too for that.

• far, far away from DL

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    one of my favorite channels is one called "The Roadhouse", which has classic country from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Willie Nelson's channel "Willie's Place" is good too for that.
    Two really good stations.

• Im the fun mommy :)

I now have Sirius/XM satellite radio, as well as XM through DirecTV, and one of my favorite channels is one called "The Roadhouse", which has classic country from the 60's, 70's and 80's. Willie Nelson's channel "Willie's Place" is good too for that.
    Now your talking my kind of music!! oldies, twang at its best I love oldies country !!
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    Now your talking my kind of music!! oldies, twang at its best I love oldies country !!
    I had a feeling you were a lady of class, and refinement.

Or maybe an "angel flyin' too close to the ground" as Willie might put it?

Hmnnnn....

• Minion

Im all about Rascall Flatts Brad Paisley Zac Brown Band Toby Keith of course Garth!!! My favorite song out right now is Unstoppable by Rascall off their new album. My favorite song of all time is Indian Outlaw now that i can sing until my lungs are soar!!!
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyNEWdad View Post
    My favorite song of all time is Indian Outlaw now that i can sing until my lungs are soar!!!
    Of course, whenever I hear that song by Tim McGraw, my ears perk up when I hear the part about "Cherokee people..." which comes from a 1971 pop music hit by the Raiders (previously Paul Revere and the Raiders) called "Indian Reservation".

"Cherokee people
    Cherokee tribe
    So proud to live
    So proud to die"

There's also a very cool song about Florida area Indian history, "Seminole Wind" by John Anderson (early 90's as I recall).

• Banned User

I am probably a rare and dying breed that actually listens to both the oldies and the current stuff.

question: which satellite radio channels are better: the ones on sirius, or the ones on xm?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan07 View Post
    question: which satellite radio channels are better: the ones on sirius, or the ones on xm?
    Since the merger of the two companies, they have virtually the same music channels (just different numbers). There are a few exceptions, but none in the country genre or most of the others.

There are some differences in sports play-by-play, for example XM has Major League Baseball exclusively and Sirius has the NFL.

You can get XM with the "best of Sirius" and vice versa for some different channels. But again the music channels are largely the same.

• Minion

Of course, whenever I hear that song by Tim McGraw, my ears perk up when I hear the part about "Cherokee people..." which comes from a 1971 pop music hit by the Raiders (previously Paul Revere and the Raiders) called "Indian Reservation".

"Cherokee people
    Cherokee tribe
    So proud to live
    So proud to die"

There's also a very cool song about Florida area Indian history, "Seminole Wind" by John Anderson (early 90's as I recall).
    I just had to pull up that song from my itunes now! I would also say that im not a fan of Underwood but would say she is the mos succesful Idol winner. And im not of a fan of Taylor Swift or Myle Cyrus since they crossover from Pop and R&B to Country.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Hard to believe that the LA radio market went quite awhile without even one country station. Now at least there's FM 105.
    I can't begin to express how insanely irate I am that LA lost one of its great classical music stations. And for what? COUNTRY???

Come on. LA was the home to Igor Stravinsky, Arnold Schoenberg, Sergei Rachmoninov, in addition to hundreds of other great classical and jazz composers who lent their talents to the film industry. Some of the greatest classical composers who ever lived once lived here in Los Angeles! (And still do!)

The loss of KMZT was a real shame, and something that LA should not be proud of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast