Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• hi!

Re: The Beatles "Rockband": How Big Is It?

i think this edition will be great! love to expose such great music to today's generation..

i've played Guitar Hero and Rockband both, and on both video games, i've only played and liked the more classic songs.. and would only play the newer pop-rock songs that i didn't know very well only once in a while. but when i hear those songs on todays radio waves, ive found myself liking them more too.

so the games have had their effect on me in a positive way in getting to know newer songs.. as much as i'm sure it's had it's effect on the younger generations in getting to know classic songs. it's great!
    -plagued

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    Ringo has a song in the game. Octopus's Garden
    Yellow Submarine is there too.

• MC State Comptroller

"With a little help from my friends" is in there as well
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    Yellow Submarine is there too.
    I was refering to songs that Ringo wrote.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    "With a little help from my friends" is in there as well
    Forgot, that that was written by Ringo.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Well, here it is 11PM on the 8th...anybody reading this thread on your mobile device while waiting in line at the store, dressed as part of Sgt. Pepper's band?

There are stores selling this at midnight, right? Anyone wearing a moptop and one of those early Beatle suits reading this right now, waiting in line?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Well, here it is 11PM on the 8th...anybody reading this thread on your mobile device while waiting in line at the store, dressed as part of Sgt. Pepper's band?

There are stores selling this at midnight, right? Anyone wearing a moptop and one of those early Beatle suits reading this right now, waiting in line?
    I don't know that there is a big midnight release for this game, my local gamestop is not doing it, and from what I have read on Gamespot forums, very few (maybe even no) Gamestop is doing a midnight release.

• Circle of Ancients

9/9/09 is Beatles day. With the remasters and Rock Band. I caught a brief listen of a couple of the remastered songs off of Rubber Soul (in Starbucks of all places) this morning and they sounded REALLY good.

Also looks as if the rumors that the Beatles would FINALLY be available on Itunes today were incorrect. I'm in a Beatles mood today, looks like the old crappy CD versions are going to have to do for now.

• Queen of Sarcasm

I bought the remastered sets in both mono and stereo. I think I'm going to hold off on the Rockband. I'm definitely going to buy it though.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This game looks so freaking cool. I'm totally not a gamer, but it makes me quite tempted to get a PS3 or a Wii so I can get this game to play.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    9/9/09 is Beatles day. With the remasters and Rock Band. I caught a brief listen of a couple of the remastered songs off of Rubber Soul (in Starbucks of all places) this morning and they sounded REALLY good.

Also looks as if the rumors that the Beatles would FINALLY be available on Itunes today were incorrect. I'm in a Beatles mood today, looks like the old crappy CD versions are going to have to do for now.
    Will the iTunes versions be any better? I don't find it to be that great of a sound preserver. Maybe I need better headphones (don't like the earpieces).

And will the remastered CDs be that much better than the original CDs? I was listening to a few cuts on The Sound (100.3) last night. Didn't sound that much different, though it was the internet broadcast.
    Not sure if I can afford another set. What will I do with my current compleat set?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• DL Nerd

The only reason I'm looking reason I'm looking forward to iTunes release is for Album artwork.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

I wouldn't personally get the iTunes versions, but I know some people would.

Well, no Beatles on iTunes. Kinda surprised me actually.

And I am really starting to want Beatles Rock Band. Was at Best Buy today and watched a couple guys playing it. But I'd have to get a game system along with the game & instruments. Unfortunately I don't have an extra $500+ right now.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I bought the new "Sgt. Pepper" at Starbucks that day.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I want the remastered box set for Christmas.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast