• Animation Domination

What comic books are you planning on buying this October?

What comic books are you planning on buying this October?
    It could be from Marvel or DC Comics or Dark Horse...any comic at all.
    I知 buying anything that is related to Blackest Night. Oh, I知 planning on getting
    Batman #700 next year.

For me these are the titles I will get and usually get.

Adventure Comics #3
    Blackest Night: Batman #3 (of 3)
    Blackest Night: Superman #3 (of 3)
    Blackest Night #4 (of 8)
    Blackest Night: Titans #3 (of 3)
    Green Lantern #47
    I知 thinking of picking up these because of the new direction its going.
    Justice League of America #38
    Green Lantern Corps #41
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 11-01-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    "You are watching FOX"

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: What comic books are you planning on buying this October?

It looks as if I'm responding to this thread way too late as October is nearly over.

I haven't bought Blackest Night Batman or Titans but I did get BN Superman, GL, GL Corps. I'm going to get Blackest Night #4 on saturday.

• Disneyland PAP

I read the last ish of Blackest Night: Titans last night. Of the three spinoffs, BN: Batman and BN: Superman being the other two I collected, this offered the most significant tidbit to the overall BN story arc. And it didn't hold back on the surprise killing and maiming, but the mystery of Dove makes you glad you picked up the series. BK: S was a long slugfest, but I didn't find that it offered anything like the Dove bit. Martha's moments against dead Lois were fun tho'. And BN: B? I've already forgotten what that storyline was all about.

That said, I've still stubbornly held off on collecting the Blackest Night series. I have most of the Geoff Johns GL books in hardcover or softcover collected sets, and I just wanna try and maintain that streak. I'm just finishing the GLC: Star Sapphire book last night too, with the GL: Rage of the Red Lanterns book on deck to read.

I also read the first issue of World's Finest last night too. I'm a huge Batman fan, but have passed on picking up the lead Bat books, favoring Batwoman in DC, Batgirl and Gotham City Sirens instead. So WF was a chance to see what Red Robin's all about. I liked it! Looking forward to the rest of the mini series to learn about the rest of the Superman and Batman cast of characters. I'm probably gonna stop buying Batgirl, but the other two Bat women books are definite keepers.

Finally, Superman: Secret Origin #2 is fresh on my mind. Not as satisfying as the first issue, it was all stuff I really already knew. There're others books on my to-read pile, Warlord, Madame Xanadu and others, but judging by my GL reading habits above, you can tell it takes me some time to get through my reading pile.

• mountains beyond mtns.

I bought Blackest Night #4 and Green Lantern #47 today and nearly bought the DC Direct Saint Walker and Black Lantern Superman figures.

• Animation Domination

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    It looks as if I'm responding to this thread way too late as October is nearly over.

I haven't bought Blackest Night Batman or Titans but I did get BN Superman, GL, GL Corps. I'm going to get Blackest Night #4 on saturday.
    In my own opinion Blackest Night: Titan was better than Blackest Night:Batman and Blackest Night Superman. The only thing that Blackest Night: Batman offers is that Bruce Wayne is still alive and Black Lanterns can't read your emotions when your a frozen ice cube.
    Last edited by MickeyMousePal; 11-01-2009 at 04:43 PM.
    "You are watching FOX"