Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Disney tries Lady Gaga and Fails! (no offence)

Quote Originally Posted by orbitalpunk View Post
    The girl in the video does do a terrible job at sounding like Lady Gaga, but if you have no reference of Lady Gaga, then its fine. So if you know Lady Gaga well, its a fail, if you don't her, then its a fine. Your standard tomorrowland terrace entertainment.
    Typical of Disney parks overall. If you haven't experienced Disney parks of 20 years ago, then DCA today may be "fine". But if you have experienced Disney parks of 20 years ago, it's currently a "fail".

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    Typical of Disney parks overall. If you haven't experienced Disney parks of 20 years ago, then DCA today may be "fine". But if you have experienced Disney parks of 20 years ago, it's currently a "fail".

So right. If you've experienced any other Disney park for comparison (besides maybe WDS) DCA should of been considered a failure. As for Lady Gaga, it's just pop music. I bet she'll be the next Madonna, which is kind of sad.

one hundred and one

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Let me just say something right now:

Lady Gaga is NOT a pop star.

She is a LIVING, GROWING, LEGEND.

Here are my reasons.

1) 70 Million hits on first single on Youtube (one video alone, that's like Britney Spears status and she's been in the business for ages)

2) She is a GAY ICON, before she is even considered to be labeled a pop star.

3) Her music is fresh, new, and innovative.

OH MY GOSSHHHH THIS SONG IS AMAZING.

YouTube - [LEAKED] BAD ROMANCE LADY GAGA FINAL VERSION!

Haven't had any exposure to Lady Gaga, but this song is very infectious. It has a strong Madonna feel to it. If she can maintain her momentum, I think she has a lot of potential.

• Future Cast Member

I'm a Lady GaGa fan. I think it's great that she's not afraid to be herself, and to be unique and stand out. She's not just some girl next door or typical person that has a few hits and then we forget about them, I think. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I think the most important thing in life is to be yourself and really know who you are, which I think Lady GaGa does and is awesome at it.

Anyways, wow, that video was entertaining! I feel sorry for the girl singing, though, I think it's just too hard to pull off singing that song and sing it as well as Lady Gaga. I don't think anything's wrong with Disney for having her sing that song, though. It wasn't like an American Idol audition, I think she did a pretty good job, but no one can sing Lady Gaga like Lady Gaga, IMO.

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post
    Let me just say something right now:

Lady Gaga is NOT a pop star.

She is a LIVING, GROWING, LEGEND.

Here are my reasons.

1) 70 Million hits on first single on Youtube (one video alone, that's like Britney Spears status and she's been in the business for ages)

2) She is a GAY ICON, before she is even considered to be labeled a pop star.

3) Her music is fresh, new, and innovative.

I'm sorry, but unless you can give me 3 reasons as powerful (or of greater significance) that Lady Gaga won't last in the music, entertainment, social, and fasion industries, you have no right to tell the world of Lady Gaga fans that she won't last.

ON TOPIC::::

I'M SURE THE LADY IN THIS VIDEO WAS JUST HAVING A FUN TIME WITH THE SONG. SHE SEEMED LIKE A REALLY NICE LADY AND ACTUALLY DID REALLY GOOD WITH THE OTHER SONGS THAT NIGHT.

IF DISNEY IS GOING TO TRY A CURRENT, LIVING LEGEND, THEY NEED TO FIND SOMEBODY BETTER THAN THIS.

IN ALL HONESTY, THIS WAS LIKE HEARING A GIRL TRYING TO SING MICHAEL JACKSON FOR ME PERSONALLY.

OFF TOPIC::

OH MY GOSSHHHH THIS SONG IS AMAZING.

YouTube - [LEAKED] BAD ROMANCE LADY GAGA FINAL VERSION!
    She wears outrageous clothing and makes catchy pop music... witch is fine by me. But than she always refers to her music as high art and spreads all this stuff about how she's going to change pop culture forever. There have been a lot of artists that got insanely popular with one single, than faded away. I don't believe that she's all that different because she thinks of herself as being that awesome. Even if she does go down in pop culture history as a legend, I personally don't care for her music.

on topic:

the lady in the video was singing "poker face" over and over. I don't see how it sounded too different from the original other than that the original was more electronic sounding.

• The one and only

A little OT, but, have you guys ever heard her piano renditions of her songs? She's truly an amazing musician.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

She's not an amazing musician, she is an adequate, well-trained pianist. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

So far, she is more style than substance, more flash than talent. As always, time will tell. Her performance on Saturday Night Live was not anything special.

70 million hits on a free video is meaningless. Dancing hamsters and other inanity have accumulated huge hits too. What counts is music sales and concert tickets and merchandise. If she can build and maintain good numbers for those, then she'll still be around in 5 years.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    If your expecting a cover band to sound like the original, you'll be disappointed your whole life
    Watch it. My BF played in a cover band and they actually did some covers that were better than the originals.

And since I've never even heard any of Lady Gaga's songs, I wouldn't even know the difference from watching that short clip.

• Banned User

I'm still trying to figure out what "disgreast" means.

A cover band does a Lady GaGa song and some people find it controversial?

LMAO!!!

Now, if, say, Public Enemy showed up in Tomorrowland (which I doubt would ever happen, but just for the sake of argument), I could understand there being an ensuing controversy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WHe5fxS3dA"]YouTube - Public Enemy - Fight The Power [HD][/ame]

But a Lady GaGa cover? Please.

• Shopping With You

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what "disgreast" means.
    "Disgrace"

if lady gaga ever performs in disneyland, she'll have to clean up her performance/lyrics just a little bit. ;p but honestly, that chick is lame and an embarrassment to lady gaga,.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

The band that sang this (Reunion) is just a bad band period. They have 4 women singers, but only two of them actually sing anything. The ONLY good cover I've ever heard from them was Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson.

Can I haz Tomasina, Scot Bruce, and Suburban Legends plz?

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Quote Originally Posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post

Can I haz Tomasina, Scot Bruce, and Suburban Legends plz?

They are amazing! I saw them perform "Don't Stop Believing" and fell in love. :O

Her little skirts are so cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I don't "get her". Not sure I want to. Since when should someone be famous for the whacked out clothes they wear?
    But if she'd dress down... then she'd appear like every other robotic pop artist with no style/talent. At least she's confident in her own style enough to try something new instead of reguritating bland pop songs with typical lyrics that I could probably sing.

• Animatronic

Lady Gaga has a nice sense of style and is way ahead of her time. Disney should hire her to design the official costumes for Tomorrowland.

I'll reserve judgement on the coverband until I see the whole song, but it's nice to see Disney keeping up with current music.
    it's a sale of candy and a sale of plush, it's a sale of toys and disney stuff
    there's so much that we sell, that it's time we tell, it's a plush plush sale!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast