Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: DEC 8th....Me....Metallica.....

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    That's a pretty idiotic statement....Or at least very ignorant. What are you 12? Ey, buddy, when you grow up, open a business so I can rob you. That's ok right?? No? Oh, it'd make you mad too? hm.....
    I'm 31. It took me many years to become this idiotic and ignorant. I can't for the life of me think of any other response to this comment.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    To each his own. I can't say I don't agree with you, though, about the concert prices. It is a hell of a lot to put on a concert but, man some prices are outrageous. Its been a long while since I've been to a concert, so I am looking forward to it!!!
    Pretty much at my last concert with metallica and linkin park where I pretty much experienced the crowd crush in the GA field... I saw very clearly how people can die or get seriously hurt in conditions like that. Combine that with the meatheads whose purpose in life is to pick fights with people just so they can feel all powerful when there are like 8 of them... I eventually just went to the back of the crowd and watched where I could breathe, sit down, and just enjoy the show.

Besides, when you're an old dude.. and the majority of the crowd is under 20.. you're the old dude at the club.

The last concert I saw was Springsteen this summer.. from a fully catered suite with open bar. It was nice to hang out with my friends and others in a casual setup with all those perks.. but would it have been worth hundreds of dollars to do? hell no. I only went because it was free for me.

I enjoy a band at a bar/club more... even if its just a good cover band. And I didn't have to drop a Benjamin to enjoy it either.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• WALL•E Fanatic

I miss Jason Newsted in Metallica. I loved it when he sang the Kill 'Em All stuff live.

Was awesome when he was playing with em at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony tho.

• MC State Comptroller

There is absolutely nothing wrong with disliking a band for their stance on on certain issues.

First of all, it was The stones, Emienem, DMX, or any of the other bands out there that have publicly stated that they are in the music industry for many reasons but the main reason being for the money. Metallica was, up till after the back album, was all about their fans. If it was not for the hardcore early fans. This was a band that was made by fans tape trading live shows to other fans. When they got a taste of well deserved success they, or rather, Lars went aper **** over the fans "stealing food from my table!" Er, Um did ya watch "Some kind of monster"? It didn't look like any of them, especially Lars was hurting for money. Metallica is not some indie rock band depending on their record sales to eat. Metallica is a band, made famous by it's fans, that got really greedy and that put a bad taste in some fans mouths, like me.

I have not owned or had anything to do with them since "The Black Album", for the exception of watching "Some Kind of Monster" on VH1, and I will not have anything to do with them ever. Although i will say this for them, it was a class move to allow Jason Newsted to join them for the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame.

Plus, for future reference, there is no need to personally attack someone who disagrees with whom you like and don't like, unless you want the thread to end up in the Litter Box. You like Metallica, great, I used to once, now I don't, because of whatever reason. If you don't like the reason debate it, don't attack. It makes it harder for people to get behind your arguments.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Dec 8th, they're playing WHERE ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12