Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DEC 8th....Me....Metallica.....

OH HELLZ YES!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just really frikin excited. Anybody else a fan???

• WALL•E Fanatic

Re: DEC 8th....Me....Metallica.....

I haven't seen em since the Madly in Anger with the World Tour.

Wanted to see them when they came to San Diego in the Death Magnetic Tour but Financial reasons lead me not to.

Then when I went to check out the LA show coming up, they were sold out.

Bummer

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hate to say I've seen them 8 times which is enough. I saw them on their Master of Puppets tour and that last time was probably 19 years ago during their Black Tour. Great live band but I only like their old school stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I hate to say I've seen them 8 times which is enough. I saw them on their Master of Puppets tour and that last time was probably 19 years ago during their Black Tour. Great live band but I only like their old school stuff.

It've been nice to see them with Cliff....But ya know, the whole being born the year he died kinda hindered that, so I'm slightly jealous....Their set on this tour is pretty much old songs with Death Magnetic tracks thrown in, so I guess you're not alone in liking their old stuff and they know that.

J_Showtime: Closest to you they come is San Jose and Sac. It's a travel I know, but there's still time.....Just live off of top ramen and Tina's burritos and you may be able to make it.....lol

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by dizzneeland View Post
    It've been nice to see them with Cliff....But ya know, the whole being born the year he died kinda hindered that, so I'm slightly jealous....Their set on this tour is pretty much old songs with Death Magnetic tracks thrown in, so I guess you're not alone in liking their old stuff and they know that.

J_Showtime: Closest to you they come is San Jose and Sac. It's a travel I know, but there's still time.....Just live off of top ramen and Tina's burritos and you may be able to make it.....lol
    First time I saw them was after Cliff died. It was the Monster of Rock tour and they were still working on Justice album. They did play "Harvest of Sorrow" as a teaser. Amazing concert. My favs were at Long Beach area where Queensryche opened for them during the Justice Tour.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I used to really love Metallica, but after the Napster controversy, I want to make sure they never see another dollar of my hard earned money again.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

I saw them on the "Black Album" tour and they were indeed amazing to see live. I heard a live recording of one of their shows on the St. Anger tour and I was less than impressed. James was having the audience sing 1/2 the songs. I didn't pay all that $$ to hear these drunk ***es sing, I want to hear his drunk *** sing. Oh sorry, his un-drunk *** now.

That said, hope the show is good and you have fun. If your a fan you should see them at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    I used to really love Metallica, but after the Napster controversy, I want to make sure they never see another dollar of my hard earned money again.

That's a pretty idiotic statement....Or at least very ignorant. What are you 12? Ey, buddy, when you grow up, open a business so I can rob you. That's ok right?? No? Oh, it'd make you mad too? hm.....

First time I saw them was after Cliff died. It was the Monster of Rock tour and they were still working on Justice album. They did play "Harvest of Sorrow" as a teaser. Amazing concert. My favs were at Long Beach area where Queensryche opened for them during the Justice Tour.

How was the crowds reaction to Jason being the new guy?

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I saw them on the "Black Album" tour and they were indeed amazing to see live. I heard a live recording of one of their shows on the St. Anger tour and I was less than impressed. James was having the audience sing 1/2 the songs. I didn't pay all that $$ to hear these drunk ***es sing, I want to hear his drunk *** sing. Oh sorry, his un-drunk *** now.

That said, hope the show is good and you have fun. If your a fan you should see them at least once.
    I know what you mean. I saw them during St Anger tour and....naw. lol. It wasn't as spot on as it was when I saw them on the Reload tour, or the 2000 Summer tour. The tapes I've checked out of them recently have been quite good, though. So I'm looking forward to it....I agree. Every fan should see em at least once...

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

How was the crowds reaction to Jason being the new guy?
    The opened for Scorpions & Van Hagar. The crowd was obviously more there for Metallica than the other 4 bands. The people went absolutely nuts, didn't matter if you or I was playing bass.

That's a pretty idiotic statement....Or at least very ignorant. What are you 12? Ey, buddy, when you grow up, open a business so I can rob you. That's ok right?? No? Oh, it'd make you mad too? hm.....
    No attack needed. She has her reasons for not liking them, you don't need to break out the maturity card when you are showing little yourself.

• Pilot EdForceOne

concerts just aren't worth the money they charge these days.

I've seen metallica in both arena and stadium venues... I'll enjoy their music from the comfort of my personal space. Paying $50-$100 to mosh with 30k other people just isn't in me anymore.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

No attack needed. She has her reasons for not liking them, you don't need to break out the maturity card when you are showing little yourself.
    I wasn't questioning her maturity....her business sense, yea I was attacking., thus why I asked her age. I sell music as a living. Albums aren't cheap to make and are very time consuming, so someone saying they won't listen to a band they "love" because they aren't allowed to steal their records is an idiotic statement that sounds prepubescent and ignorant. Maybe if I wasn't involved in the business, I wouldn't take it personally, but I am, so I'm going to stand by it. It's like saying 'I love Disneyland, but since I got in trouble for trying to sneak in, I'm not giving them any of my hard earned money.' See my point?

On a more positive note, So you got to see Van Halen when Eddie was still doing back flips? lol. I saw them in 94-95??? at Arco Arena, and they were great live, but I still heard people grumble about how great they used to be...

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    concerts just aren't worth the money they charge these days.

I've seen metallica in both arena and stadium venues... I'll enjoy their music from the comfort of my personal space. Paying $50-$100 to mosh with 30k other people just isn't in me anymore.

To each his own. I can't say I don't agree with you, though, about the concert prices. It is a hell of a lot to put on a concert but, man some prices are outrageous. Its been a long while since I've been to a concert, so I am looking forward to it!!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I wasn't questioning her maturity....her business sense, yea I was attacking., thus why I asked her age. I sell music as a living. Albums aren't cheap to make and are very time consuming, so someone saying they won't listen to a band they "love" because they aren't allowed to steal their records is an idiotic statement that sounds prepubescent and ignorant. Maybe if I wasn't involved in the business, I wouldn't take it personally, but I am, so I'm going to stand by it. It's like saying 'I love Disneyland, but since I got in trouble for trying to sneak in, I'm not giving them any of my hard earned money.' See my point?
    I know what you are saying, it was just relayed poorly. When all of that was going on I hated that Lars was doing a lot of the speaking because he really isn't a very smart person, he seems kind of not all there. James on the other hand deserves respect because he's all business. I have no problems with musicians fighting piracy, it's nice to get paid for your work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast