Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• The one and only

Re: Adam Lambert AMA performance Controversey

The only thing that I would see as inappropriate would be THAT thing they edited out for the west coast feed of the show. (If you don't know, google it.)

• Pilot EdForceOne

I think this illustrates just how pathetically contrived big music is.

Lets not focus on performance.. lets focus on shock and awe.
    Lets not focus on talent... lets focus on news-making
    Whose the next big thing? Whoever we make

I found the entire thing painful to watch and boring as all hell.

The only controversy as far as I'm concerned is exactly what they wanted.

'Hi.. look at me!!! (jump up and down)'

I would have kicked him off the show because his song sucked and wouldn't want to make my viewers tune out.

I don't even read articles like this anymore hoping the desperate go right back into the mediocre they crawled out from.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• "I Break Things"

My take on it is this...

was it shocking?... yes... was it necessary?... no...

I really do not care if it was two guys, or two girls, I was a bit shocked that they had men prancing around in 2 routines dressed like an SM Club (J-lo's little number wasn't any better then Adam's). What's worse... it was prime time tv, not cable, not a concert someone paid for... this was on regular tv.

I also didn't appreciate the decision to edit out content for the West Coast. What... no one's ever heard of a time delay so they can't edit East Coast but ooooohhhh we need to make sure West Coast doesn't see it? If someone does something stupid and the network isn't smart enough to edit the content to begin with... why edit after the fact? Post a warning, package it up and send it on it's way. It's not like the FCC will think you are any more responsible for editing after the fact.

Some things are edited for a reason, offensive material, but J-Lo landing on her backside... why was that edited? So she wasn't embarrassed? Just like when Ashley Simpson was caught lip-syncing... Hey let's edit the West Coast so she doesn't get caught by them... ridiculous... as if no one knows what the internet is...

If two men want to kiss, or two women want to kiss... go for it. By all means I see nothing wrong with showing affection for the one you love. I draw the line when individuals are prancing around in sexual costumes mimicking sexual motions on national tv. This goes for men or women. This is why we have cable, this is why we have concerts, so those who want a more "adult" venue can enjoy it and there is less potential for kids to be influenced. I'm sorry but there are some things kids shouldn't see on prime time tv. Bad parenting, those who don't care and would let their kids watch regardless of content, is a whole tangent on this topic.

I also agree that shock entertainment is really getting annoying. Someone either has talent or doesn't have talent. Shocking the audience will not make up for a lack of talent. It was a music awards show, music, which implies he should be able to hold a note...

... I think the doorman screwed up. Kanye West was supposed to be sitting in the front row so he could go up and take Adam's mic!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

The performance didn't bother me. And yes, women HAVE been doing this for years. Remember Paula Abdul's Cold Hearted Snake? BTW, this performance was either an homage or a ripoff of that video, depending on how you look at it. It was on at night in the type of show that has gotten to have a rep for "surprises" (think Janet Jackson in the VMA awards). I think all the only-half-bleeped-out swearing on TV and the horridly frightening ads for gore films shown regularly during the day and weekend at times children are watching bothers me more.

The song was boring, though.
    This man was obviously born for musical theater.

Fluffy Club Member

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

How DARE he refer to himself and Lady Gaga in the same sentence.

I too am gay, but I would never want that performance to represent me.

Song was horrible.

Choreography non existant (I believe it was just flexing weird positions of the body, yes?)

Kiss was UNECESSARY and immature.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I think this illustrates just how pathetically contrived big music is.

Lets not focus on performance.. lets focus on shock and awe.
    Lets not focus on talent... lets focus on news-making
    Whose the next big thing? Whoever we make

I found the entire thing painful to watch and boring as all hell.

The only controversy as far as I'm concerned is exactly what they wanted.

'Hi.. look at me!!! (jump up and down)'

I would have kicked him off the show because his song sucked and wouldn't want to make my viewers tune out.

I don't even read articles like this anymore hoping the desperate go right back into the mediocre they crawled out from.
    Everything in entertianment is about shock value. That's how you stick out and get peoples attention. You can't be the same ol', same ol' and make a career out of it.

Shock value in music has been around ever since the invention of music.

I think the people who give us the most shocking and entertaining shows are the trendsetters.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I think the people who give us the most shocking and entertaining shows are the trendsetters.
    Maybe if you are into TV musicans or something?

Many amazing acts through the years have built their legacy based on their MUSIC - not their flash in a pan TV stunts.

Don't confuse people who mix in flamboyance from time to time to those that exist solely because of it.

The Greatful Dead, Stones, Beatles, Zep, and others put on shows but still sold their music. And even more modern bands like Metallica, Linkin Park, and others continue to do so.

Even over the top shows of their time like KISS still used shows to draw people to the concerts, but still sold their music by the millions based on... people liking it, not because it was the water cooler topic of the week.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Maybe if you are into TV musicans or something?

Many amazing acts through the years have built their legacy based on their MUSIC - not their flash in a pan TV stunts.

Don't confuse people who mix in flamboyance from time to time to those that exist solely because of it.

The Greatful Dead, Stones, Beatles, Zep, and others put on shows but still sold their music. And even more modern bands like Metallica, Linkin Park, and others continue to do so.

Even over the top shows of their time like KISS still used shows to draw people to the concerts, but still sold their music by the millions based on... people liking it, not because it was the water cooler topic of the week.
    Pink Floyd, Marylin Manson, Black Sabbath... the list goes on of bands that are amazing both musically and theatrically.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Have the Puritans taken over America? I didn't find anything shocking or disgusting about the performance. It wasn't the greatest performance in the world, but it was by far the most interesting thing in an otherwise boring show.

Kudos to Adam for being the one thing that people still remember from the show. He's a big star in the making.

As far as I'm concerned - two fully clothed men kissing and grinding is no big deal - no more so that what happens on any day time soap that is on every day of the week (Oh, but that's usually heterosexual - I get it).
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Have the Puritans taken over America? I didn't find anything shocking or disgusting about the performance. It wasn't the greatest performance in the world, but it was by far the most interesting thing in an otherwise boring show.

Kudos to Adam for being the one thing that people still remember from the show. He's a big star in the making.

As far as I'm concerned - two fully clothed men kissing and grinding is no big deal - no more so that what happens on any day time soap that is on every day of the week (Oh, but that's usually heterosexual - I get it).
    This one.^ I wasn't a fan of the song but the kissing and gyrating didn't bother me at all. As has been stated, women have done worse for years and no one complains. Unless it's Janet Jackson's nipple and then its a world issue.

• Infinitized!

C'mon people, there's more important things in the world that we should focus on, like feeding hungry kids and creating jobs for those that are unemployed.

• Hukuna Matata!

I just miss the days when if your music was great you could do whatever you wish, It was all about the music.

• MC State Comptroller

I would NEVER let my MY son watch that garbage!!!!! I would never subject him to such disgusting behavior that was on TV the other night!

As a parent I would never subject my son to the performances on the AMA's. If i ever caught him watching such a horrible show as the AMA's, it would be time out city for him.

Now, as for men kissing men or women kissing women, my son has seen that. He has a few gay and lesbian "Aunts and Uncles" and he has no problem with it.

Hmm, weird isn't it. An "immature" 7 year old child has no problem with men kissing men and women kissing women, but yet supposed mature "elders" have conniption fits every time there is a hint of it on TV.

Makes you wonder who really has the maturity!
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i didn't care for the performance as a whole, but the kiss didn't bother me a bit. are we all so perfect that we have the right to say who can and can't kiss who?

i thought it was kinda crummy of CBS to blur out the male kiss while showing it in a split screen with Madonna and Britney's kiss from a few years ago, the females were NOT blurred out...seriously, what's the difference?
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

My "issue" wasn't with the kiss, it was with the S&M sex shop outfits everyone had on. Marylin and Elvis were both known for "gyrations" in their respective times but they didn't give away all of Victoria's secrets if you know what I mean. This applies to both J-Lo's number and Adam's number... I'm sorry but that is one aspect of life that kids shouldn't be exposed to.

Saying "the girls have done it for years" (notably Madonna, Janet, Britney and Christina) isn't a defense it's an excuse. The truth is I am just as upset when Madonna walks out in a pointy bra or Christina decides to prance around in a g-string. A concert is one thing but at the AMA's clothing should not be optional.

I also don't understand why J-Lo's fall was edited out. Why? is the West Coast unworthy of seeing the mighty J-Lo fall on her backside? Is the "Left Coast" too dumb to use Youtube and Google to see the unedited version? Same goes for the kiss and the other "extras". If ABC wasn't smart enough to use a 15 second delay when they aired it on the East then they shouldn't dumb it down for the West either. Sorry, for me that decision was insulting.

And it sucked that some amazing performances were overshadowed by the shock value. Sure all of Hollywood is a buzz about Adam but it's because he kissed a guy, not because he can sing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast