Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Adam Lambert AMA performance Controversey

I know! Adam is stealing the spotlight there were other performances that were amazing! (of course more notably for me Lady GaGa and her ballad dedicated to her father! So touching!) But just cause Adam kissed a dude he gets all the publicity and attention away from real artists! Again I really don't care if he kissed a dude on national TV, but it was just a too much of a bad performance for me.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by sgtpeper View Post
    I would NEVER let my MY son watch that garbage!!!!! I would never subject him to such disgusting behavior that was on TV the other night!

As a parent I would never subject my son to the performances on the AMA's. If i ever caught him watching such a horrible show as the AMA's, it would be time out city for him.

Now, as for men kissing men or women kissing women, my son has seen that. He has a few gay and lesbian "Aunts and Uncles" and he has no problem with it.

Hmm, weird isn't it. An "immature" 7 year old child has no problem with men kissing men and women kissing women, but yet supposed mature "elders" have conniption fits every time there is a hint of it on TV.

Makes you wonder who really has the maturity!
    Do you watch football or any other sport on TV with your kids?

How is this any worse then the constant ad's for men with E.D. and hoping for a more fulfilling sex-life? IMO, it's things like that which generate more questions than some perfornace ... at 11pm at night (let's not forget).

• Circle of Ancients

We are almost in the year 2010 and people still make a big deal of two same sex people kissing, grabbing crotches, or whatever. What year will this nonsense end? Oh yeah, I forget I'm in America.

I didn't catch the performance but I had to giggle at the so called controversy surrounding it. I give Kudos to Adam to cause such hype just like Madonna and Britney did. He got what he wanted and that was more talk about him. I hope sells a gazillion CD's

• MC State Comptroller

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Do you watch football or any other sport on TV with your kids?

How is this any worse then the constant ad's for men with E.D. and hoping for a more fulfilling sex-life? IMO, it's things like that which generate more questions than some perfornace ... at 11pm at night (let's not forget).
    Well um first of all I was being sarcastic. I, personally think that 90% of the "music" that the AMA's "Honors" isn't any good. Everyone has they're own opinions on what is good and bad music and that is my opinion on that type of music. That was part of the joke. The fact that my son would watch a show like the AMA's and how it would upset me for him to see the "music" and to think that was okay. I have no issue with him seeing men kissing men. And i think i said that in my post. I was trying to be sarcastic, i am sorry if i didn't use an emoticon to make it obvious.

Second, my son has seen those ED commercials and luckily he is still young enough not to know what two old people sitting in a tub outside with slow, sexy jazz music playing means. He tunes out commercials unless they feature a toy or a fictional character he likes.

Actually, i've had a few questions generated from shows on ABC "Family" and the Disney channel than any commercial he has seen. When they come up, we address them and I explain them as best as I can.
    "Here you leave Today and enter the world of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Bankruptcy!"

Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without saying, "You're making a scene!"

Arizona Cardinals 2008 NFC Champions

• Circle of Ancients

Sorry, I didn't catch the sarcasm the first time. Must have been pre-coffee.

I agree with you that about 95% of the Music on the AMA's isn't worth rewarding. I've never heard a Taylor Swift or Lady GaGa song, and don't really care to. I just happened to turn it on to see Lambert's performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123