Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

So Lady GaGa's new EP, The Fame Monster, hit stores yesterday in the US. We all knew GaGa fans came out in hoardes to pick it up, as did I.

A few other, "powerful women" (as stated by GaGa herself) launched their albums yesterday, most notably Adam Lambert, Shakira, Susan Boyle, and Rihanna. Who here thinks that GaGa has chance at getting the number one spot next week. I would like to think that she'll sell the most, but Susan Boyle's CD set a presell world record and will probably hit number one. And there's also Rihanna's Rated R, which will get a major boost from her 20/20 interview and the Chris Brown drama this year.

My predictions: 1. Susan Boyle 2. Lady GaGa 3. Rihanna

What are your thoughts? They could be about anything about this talented and deserving artist, from her new CD to her AMA performance.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Re: Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster

Also, anyone disappointed by the AMAs? I knew GaGa had no shot in artist of the year catergory, but she should have won Breakthrough Artist. Who the heck is Gloriana?

She seemed to be in a somber mood throughout the night as well, even before her loss. I wonder why.

• Banned User

I love Lady GaGa! I'm a little bummed her record sales are only expected to be 200k, but Susan Boyle does deserve the spotlight and I'm sure she's glad she's even on the top 3 possibly.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

That's a bummer, especially since she worked very hard to split the price of the EP for her fans. Although, Susan Boyle does deserve the number one spot as well. Oh, well.

BTW, did you hear that she might drop a third album, late next year? The lady is so hard working!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I follow her on facebook. i like some of her music but not all. Love Paparazzi

• WDW CP Spring 2013

The Fame Monster To Sell 200,000 Copies

According to the new Billboard report, Lady GaGa's new studio album The Fame Monster is expected to sell more than 200,000 copies in its first week:
    Billboard.biz – Lady Gaga and her three-pronged sales attack on consumers’ purses is also much stronger than expected. Of the new The Fame Monster deluxe edition, The Fame original version, and The Fame Monster EP, also just issued, the former two combined could sell about 150,000 units while the EP is expected to top 200,000 units.
    Billboard prediction:
    Susan Boyle – I Dreamed a Dream – 700k
    Adam Lambert – For Your Entertainment – 225k
    Lady GaGa – The Fame Monster – 200k
    Rihanna – Rated R – less than 200k
    Lady GaGa – The Fame + TFM Deluxe – 150k

Got this from GaGaDaily.com

These are only projected but it seems GaGa will be number two if they combine the two versions. I foresee TFM having a very long shelf life, especially after releasing Speechless and Telephone. I've heard all of Adam's and Rihanna's songs, and there are not many hits IMO, except for "Fever" on Adam's album, (which was written by GaGa).

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Lady GaGa's Bad Romance just hit number one on the United World Chart. This means that she is number one in the world. Yay! Now the only thing that is left is the Billboard 100.

• Banned User

I know! I found out the news today! I was sooo EXCITED I can't wait for next year for her next album. It's funny! I loved LG before anyone even knew who she was and everyone thought I was crazy when I said she was gonna be the next big thing, but look whose laughing now! Still everyone thinks she's crazy, but thats exactly why I love her so! I can relate to her so much! My artistic aesthetic is almost identical to hers! My favorite songs right now for TFM are So Happy I could Die and Monster, but I keep changing I love EVERY single track on this album(except maybe Teeth, it's good, but sounds too mainstream for me).

Also I herd a reason the album is censored is because LG is trying to send a message about how America relies so heavily on censorship for the most ridiculous things! Does it really make a difference? Also noticed that she says Bit instead of just B*** so it was intentional! It just puts more meaning to her songs!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

I bought the album on monday.

I love every song besides... Teeth.

I feel like she just had to make something quick to make it an even 8.

I try to skip it every time I listen to the CD.

And by the way, I actually did go out and by a CD. yes, they still exist.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post

HAHA don't worry I'm getting 3 (possibly 4) copies. I already got it on iTunes, just so I could have it ASAP (and I didn't have time to buy the CD) and I already ordered the Super Deluxe but those don't ship till next month and I'm not sure but I think it comes with both the standard and deluxe versions. I'm also getting the LP record! LOL I know I'm nuts...

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Also I herd a reason the album is censored is because LG is trying to send a message about how America relies so heavily on censorship for the most ridiculous things! Does it really make a difference? Also noticed that she says Bit instead of just B*** so it was intentional! It just puts more meaning to her songs!
    On the forums at LadyGaGa.com, a poster had this to say about his conversation with GaGa at the BestBuy signing:

"Me: Gaga, why is your CD censored?

GaGa: No it isn't.

Me: Yes, they censored some of the lyrics on your album.

GaGa: which ones?

Me: Monster, you can't hear "******"

GaGa: Oh! yes, at the end, I didn't want the "explicit" sticker on my album cover, so I allowed the record company to censor some of the stronger language on there."

I feel that this is probably BS though. As much as that Parental Advisory Sticker would detract the brilliance of the cover, the censorship message makes more sense to me, but who knows.

What puzzles me the most is how Teeth gets away with saying ****, but we can't hear the B word on Bad Romance. The thing she says in Monster is understandable though.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Goover View Post

Teeth seems to get a lot of slack from people. I guess the song is not as instantly catchy like her other songs, but I find it extremely sexy. There's something mysteriously seductive when she says, "My religion is you." I wouldn't mind taking a bite out of her bad girl meat!

• Banned User

You know everyone is keep saying that she says ********* in Monster but I've listened to it a million times and I can't hear it!

Oh wait, Ok I saw one on youtube with the lyrics, but I still don't know what she's saying in that part, hard to understand.

Looooooooove this album. All 8 songs, really. Favorites are Bad Romance and So Happy I Could Die.

The Bad Romance video was fantastic, by the way.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    You know everyone is keep saying that she says ********* in Monster but I've listened to it a million times and I can't hear it!

Oh wait, Ok I saw one on youtube with the lyrics, but I still don't know what she's saying in that part, hard to understand.
    The lyrics are:
    I ask my girlfriend if she's seen his face before
    she mumbles something as we got down on the floor
    we may have ********* not really sure, don't quite recall
    but something tells me that I've seen him around before

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast