Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga

• Banned User

Re: Lady Gaga

Bad Romance was played at Iowa State campus bell tower a couple of days ago...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cLrAJawSfg&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube- Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" played on the Iowa State University carillon[/ame]

• Banned User

Actor/musician Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception) covers Lady GaGa's "Bad Romance"
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6zMwGkY7z4&feature=player_embedded#"]YouTube- Joseph Gordon-Levitt singing "Bad Romance" (SitC)[/ame]
    Last edited by JMora; 09-08-2010 at 05:32 PM.

• Banned User

GaGa becomes a referee, a fight breaks out between two Little Monsters at her latest concert...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaO4Qr2XBDI&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Lady GaGa Stops Show in Washington D.C. to Stop a Fight[/ame]
    You know, something about her I still like =)
    Last edited by JMora; 09-08-2010 at 05:36 PM.

• Banned User

Lady GaGa will be making a cameo appearance in new, simply titled, The Muppets movie. Which began filming two weeks ago, according to writer and star Jason Segel, along with Jack Black, Donald Glover, Jane Lynch, Danny Trejo, Zach Galifianakis as Hobo Jo, Paul Rudd, and Kristen Schaal.

Source: Lady Gaga May Be Pulling Some Strings For Role In "The Muppet" Movie - Music - News - IFC.com

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Okay, I'm gonna raise this thread from the dead for one bit of news regarding Gaga's next studio album Born This Way.

Yesterday, on Christmas Day, Gaga posted this on her official twitter account:

Merry Christmas little monsters! I love you with all my heart. My gift to you is a BORN THIS WAY announcement Midnight on NEW YEARS EVE. -MM

Born this Way announcement on New Year's Eve? Hell yeah! I really hope it's either: a. name of the first single b. release date of the album.

• Banned User

I'm looking forward to it, and what should be noted too is that she's the ultimate do-gooder. She donated to the most charities in 2010. Bravo for her!

Source: Lady Gaga "Most Charitable" Celebrity of 2010 | NBC New York

• Banned User

Forgot to mention there's been a club mix that has been leaked for almost 2 months now but just the main lyrical chorus is used, and it's pretty good.

Born This Way (DrewG Brian Cua Dirty Pop Remix). Youtube has yanked it off since its viral debut back in Sept but found it here (if you want to listen) & ...
    Lady Gaga - Born This Way (DrewG Brian Cua Dirty Pop Remix) [HQ] izle, Lady Gaga - Born This Way (DrewG Brian Cua Dirty Pop Remix) [HQ] videosu, Lady Gaga - Born This Way (DrewG Brian Cua Dirty Pop Remix) [HQ] seyret, Lady Gaga - Born This Way (DrewG

• Banned User

That time of year in Las Vegas, CES (Consumer Electronics Show 2011). Almost a year ago GaGa & Polaroid mentioned they were going to work together and give Polaroid a new invention that will give the compnay (and Gaga more $$$$) a reboot for the next electronic age.

How Lady Gaga Designed Polaroid's Grey Label Camera Glasses [Pics]

BY Austin CarrToday

Of the many labels pegged to Lady Gaga--pop star, fashion icon, provocateur--here's one title you might not expect to see on her résumé: creative director at Polaroid. The "Bad Romance" superstar teamed with the camera and eyeware company this time last year, and at the Consumer Electronics

Show on Thursday, we finally got to see the fruits of this unlikely collaboration.
    As part of a new suite of products called Grey Label, Gaga and Polaroid unveiled a digital camera with a throwback design and, most impressively, a set of camera sunglasses with two embedded 1.5" LCD displays. The glasses (pictured) act as a wearable camera, and can snap pictures, be pre-loaded with slideshows and video, and are meant to enable real-time photo sharing.

To develop the products, Gaga worked closely with Polaroid and design firm Ammunition LLC, known for developing the popular Beats by Dr. Dre headphones. Here's how that collaboration played out.

"She is fairly involved with the process," explains Robert Brunner, creative director of Ammunition, who says the pop star would brainstorm ideas, participate in meetings, and provide feedback on models and designs. "She takes it very personally--she really feels this stuff is a representation of her. She has ideas coming from her ethos and perspective. So how do we turn that into a strong viable product design?"

Nothing is more Gaga-esque than the camera sunglasses, with their hyperbolic design and "almost goggle-ish" lens. The camera sits atop the bridge of your nose while the displays land just below your line of sight--yes, you can still see with the sunglasses on. "With the effect of the oversize lens, they look to the person on the otherside like your eyes," says Brunner. "That really came from Gaga--from her video for 'Poker Face,' with the glasses that say 'pop culture.' She wanted to build that into a product."
    My two cents: The glasses are huge enough to look geriatric, what person will carry a portable printer, and all it has going for it is the signature photo paper pics. All for $149.99?
    Last edited by JMora; 01-06-2011 at 05:59 PM.

• Banned User

Gaga announced the 2nd single...
    GaGa also confirmed the album track title 'Americano', which she explained is "a big mariachi techno-house record, where I am singing about immigration law and gay marriage and all sorts of things that have to do with disenfranchised communities in America."
    Remember, Born This Way comes out tomorrow.

• Banned User

So what do you think?

Born This Way, Lady Gaga's new song on iTunes is here. But with Justin Bieber's Never Say Never film out, and Just Go with It heading north, are the reviews enough to buoy its success?

After months of anticipation worldwide, Lady Gaga finally gave her legion of fans a glimpse into her artistry, the making of a legacy, and a new projected hit single.

At 6 a.m. this morning, the single was released to fans on iTunes via the Internet. Then, radio stations began to give the eccentric entertainer a "thundersnow" of radio showers (remember the new term from the recent blizzards?).

But what did fans have to say about Born This Way, Lady Gaga's new song? As one can imagine, the only time the world got an opportunity to sample the new song was five months ago when she sang a snippet at an awards show. Even then, there was something powerful in the making.

Albeit the throw-back to a Madonnish-type style with the melody, Born This Way, Lady Gaga's new song is a hit. It's a testament to her belief that people should love the skin they're in.
    To bolster that claim, take this hook for instance: "Don't be a drag, just be a queen". That was brilliant, or one helluva marketingstrategy.

In that hook alone, she gave props to a large Little Monster population of fans who live "alternative lifestyles". To her, they need respect even if they were born that way. It's genius.

Overall, Born This Way, Lady Gaga's new song gives listeners a reason to shake their money-maker, as it's clean, hypnotic, preppy, full of glee, and sends a message of inclusion without color, gender, and cultural boundaries.
    Although its vintage sound is a “been there, done that” re-boot, it’s a masterful message coming from a masterful artist and reigns supreme.

Have you heard it yet? What are your early thoughts about Born This Way, Lady Gaga's new song? One has to admit; the timing, days ahead of the Grammy’s is another bit of genius.
    Last edited by JMora; 02-15-2011 at 01:52 PM.

• Banned User

I bought it as soon as I woke up today. And honestly, I was a little disappointed!

I heard the Muggler Mix that sampled that song and LOVED it so much, I was expecting this epic song! That was not the case. The lyrics are wonderful and inspiring! But the beats and melody have that been there done that factor! It sounds dated! 90s! I was expecting a whole new sound, but it's just a rehash of the 90s pop phase. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song, but I don't think I'll be listening to it over and over again like I do "Poker Face" or "Bad Romance" just to name a few. I do have high hopes for the album though, and I'm sure that she will crank out another "Poker Face", but this song is definitely not it. Like most reviewers have said, it's basically a remake of "Express Yourself" by Madonna.

I don't know, I guess I'm becoming less and less of a little monster every day. I used to think I would love GaGa forever and that she wasn't just a phase for me, but everything she's been releasing after Bad Romance has slowly been losing my interest. I still love the vintage GaGa that I FELL in love with initially 3 years ago, but she's moving far away from that. I thought she was unique and just out there, but now she's just trying too hard to be LOUD and OFFENSIVE. Before she didn't have to try, she just was.

• Banned User

GaGa is liertally claiming she spent 3 days in that "vessel," well alien egg...
    Lady Gaga Spent 72 Hours Inside Grammy Egg; 'It Was a Creative Experience'

4:07 PM 2/15/2011 by Lindsay Powers

Jason Merritt/Getty Images

She explains the meaning behind her infamous awards show entrance.

Lady Gaga spent some quality time inside her Grammy egg.
    "I was in there for about 72 hours. It was a very creative experience," the singer, who won three Grammy awards, said Tuesday on Ryan Seacrest's KIIS-FM radio show.

"It was time for me to really prepare and think about the meaning of the song and get prepared for the performance. I really wanted to be born on stage," she added. "The creative vessel was helpful for me to stay focused. We had it backstage so that I was able to really stay in this sort of creative, embryonic incubation.”

"This is what I do, Ryan. I'm so passionate about this record and the meaning of the album," she went on.

"When I create music, I see music as sort of a wall of sounds and colors. Every song sort of bears this hue and this color to it, and that's how I end up ultimately creating the performances," she said. "That was one of my most favorite things at the Grammys, the color palate of the stage. I just thought it was so beautiful and that's really how I see the song."

Although "Born This Way" is still going strong on iTunes, Gaga can't wait for her next songs off the album of the same name.

"The next single is called 'Judas' and that will be out a couple of weeks before the album. I did that record with RedOne, who is so amazing," she said.

Other songs include "Marry the Night," "Government Hooker" and her favorite, "Hair," which she explains is "a club record with this Bruce Springsteen vibe to it."

Gaga's choreographer Laurieann Gibson confirmed the claim: "We made sure the Lady was not suffocating with an oxygen tank in there while incubating, checking her new DNA, which was producing this new race. This race does not give up and does not give in."

However, there's plot holes...

Something tells me she's stepping it up from Michael Jackson's fake 'oxygen tank' tale.

Meanwhile, the LGBT anthem "Born This Way" just became Billboard's 1,000th #1 single.

The arrival of "Born This Way" bests the previous debut record on Radio Songs, set when Janet Jackson's "All for You" soared in at No. 9 with 70 million in 2001.

With opening-week digital sales of 448,000, "Born This Way" likewise breaks barriers with the largest debut sum for a female artist. Britney Spears established the prior mark four weeks ago upon, the arrival of "Hold It Against Me" (411,000).

• Banned User

The few songs of hers I've heard (Bad Romance, Telephone) have been actually rather good pop/dance tunes. As for the whole persona, well, every generation has its creative attention whore. I really don't have a problem with the woman. She does her thing, and apparently plenty of people like it. The fact that she has so many haters is a good indication that she touches some kind of nerve and gets under peoples' skins. She's a character, all right. Eh, that's OK. Life's more interesting with characters.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Born This Way has definetley grown on me. I can't get it out of my head. But I'm really looking forward for Born This Way (the album.)
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Banned User

Lady GaGa debuts Born This Way on the Monster Ball tour in Atlantic City...

Then at Madison SQ Garden in NYC, where the concert was filmed for an upcoming HBO concert special (in May), GaGa performed Born This Way, acapella version.

but the BEST version is by this 10 year old (she starts performing at 2:16)
    Last edited by JMora; 02-23-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast