Vanessa Hudgens (Mimi)

Friday, August 6, 2010, 8:30 PM
    August 7, 2010, 8:30 PM
    August 8, 2010, 7:30 PM

Hollywood Bowl
    2301 North Highland Avenue
    Hollywood, CA 90068

Additional Info:

With a 12-year run on Broadway, a Tony Award for Best Musical, and a Pulitzer Prize, Rent is one of the most groundbreaking and popular shows of all time. This year our annual fully staged musical brings to life "La Vie Bohème," "Seasons of Love" and all the songs that made Rent such a hit.

Rent contains mature subject matter; parental guidance suggested.

Rent | Hollywood Bowl Presented by LA Phil
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: 'Rent' at the Hollywood Bowl 8/6-8/10

If I lived out that way, I TOTALLY would be there! I am a big Renthead! I am ready for the revival to come to Broadway.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• hi!

awesome! i just posted in the "what's the last musical you watched" thread that i had a less-than-worthy experience at my last RENT watching.. good to hear it'll be in my area soon!!!
    -plagued

I was lucky enough to see RENT at the Pantages with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal! I cried, it was beyond amazing.

I would see it if Neil was playing Mark again... Plus (please don't hurt me) I don't like the idea of Vanessa Hudgens as Mimi..
    *Under Construction...*

Quote Originally Posted by WyckedPhoenix View Post
    I was lucky enough to see RENT at the Pantages with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal! I cried, it was beyond amazing.

I would see it if Neil was playing Mark again... Plus (please don't hurt me) I don't like the idea of Vanessa Hudgens as Mimi..
    Oh I saw it last June with Anthony Rapp and Adam Pascal at the Fox in St. Louis. It was am amazing show!! I feel so lucky to have seen such talent perform in the roles they were made to do. I am curious to see how Neil P. Harris does as Mark. I have seen some footage on line, but it would be neat to see in person.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

When do individual tickets go on sale or will this be subscribers only?

Unless they've changed the way they do these musical stagings at the Bowl since the last one that I went to, don't expect it to be a full staging in the sense of the way you would see it in an actual theater. For the ones that I've seen, there was not set. The cast is just in a big row at the front of the stage and step forward to perform their parts at the appropriate time. The orchestra was behind them, where it usually is in Hollwyood Bowl programs. There may have been a bit of choreography. I believe the performers were in costumes in one of them. I've seen South Pacific, The Music Man and others. Don't get me wrong, these are fun. But, not a full-out theatrical presentation as you would see it in a theater. The last one I saw was three or four years ago. Maybe someone has been to one more recently and can speak to how they are presented now.

Individual tickets should go on sale soon. First they offer subcription series tickets, which is what is available now. Individual tickets usually go on sale in early May. Check the Bowl website. Those who have purchased tickets in the past receive informational brochures with order forms in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by WyckedPhoenix View Post
    Me too! I had no idea how much better the show could be with the two of them in the lead roles.

The idea of it playing at the Bowl is really cool, but I don't think it will have quite the same feel outdoors - plus, a muggy August night out with the bugs is not my idea of a fun musical
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

So what do you do after you bring home the mirrorball trophy on "Dancing With the Stars"?

If you're Nicole Scherzinger, you join the cast of "Rent" at the Hollywood Bowl.

The lead singer of the *****cat Dolls will play Maureen, a free-spirited bisexual performance artist, in Jonathan Larson's '90s rock version of Puccini's "La Boheme."

The fully staged production, directed by Neil Patrick Harris, will run Aug. 6-8.

Scherzinger will complete a cast that includes Wayne Brady, Vanessa Hudgens, Skylar Astin, Telly Leung, Collins Pennie, Gwen Stewart, Tracie Thoms and Aaron Tveit.

In May, Scherzinger and her partner, Derek Hough, defeated Olympic skating gold medalist Evan Lysacek and his partner to win the 10th season of ABC's "Dancing..."
    "Rent" opened on Broadway in 1996 and ran for 5,124 performances. It won the Pulitzer Prize for drama and four Tonys.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/cult...ure+Monster%29
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    The idea of it playing at the Bowl is really cool, but I don't think it will have quite the same feel outdoors - plus, a muggy August night out with the bugs is not my idea of a fun musical
    The number of celebrity guests in the audience will greatly outnumber any insects allowed in the HB as always.