I have a very soft spot in my heart for musicals. My mom and I used to watch movie musicals on the weekends together when I was growing up. The first show I fell in love with was A Chorus Line after seeing the movie, which I then proceeded to watch over and over and over again. Trouble was, I never had a chance to see the show live. As the years went on, being able to see the show live became one of my must-do, bucket list items before I die.

Thanks to one of my college roommates posting about having free tickets available for the June 1st performance of A Chorus Line at the Pantages, I was able to live out my dream. The fact that it happened to be opening night was even better.

Before heading to the Pantages to meet my mom for the show, I attended my son's one and only orchestra performance for the school year. He did a great job! Lots of culture in one night for me! Once my son's performance was over, I hugged the kids goodbye, thanked my parents for watching them, then headed to the Pantages.

I found my mom waiting for me under the marquee. I had the tickets in hand, we were ready to head into the the theater!

Since it was opening night, there was a small red carpet area. Please excuse the fuzziness of the pictures.

Kenny Ortega (Think High School Musical)

Jacob Ben Israel (The geeky blogger on Glee)

Myself and my mom

We went to the doors to go into the theater. We were instructed to exchange our tickets. We got into line for Will Call and I noticed someone out of the corner of my eye. I must admit, at first I thought it was Stephen Schwartz, which would have been cool. For this night, who I saw was totally perfect.

Justin Ross (Played Greg in the movie version of A Chorus Line

Seeing him at the theater made me realize that I was in the right place at the right time.

When I exchanged the tickets at Will Call, the guy at the ticket booth decided to upgrade our seats for us! We went from Row N to Row C in the Mezzanine.

Before heading to our seats, I grabbed a Grey Goose Sour Apple Martini at the bar. While discussing our excitement over the show with the bartender, a gentlemen chimed in and said he really wishes they would have updated the show to include current events. He opined that the show was dated. More on this a little later.

Once we took our seats, I gazed my eyes up on the stage. I could not believe that I was finally seeing the show! I was super stealthy and took a picture of the stage from my unobstructed seat.

From the first note to the final bows, I felt as though I was in heaven. There was even one point where I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming (yes, I am that geeky). The electricity of the dancers, the music, the songs, the production was incredible! My favorite singer was the woman playing Maggie. I liked seeing the back stories of the characters that aren't included in the movie version.

I really don't want to give too much of my opinion on the rest of the performances as not to interfere with how others who will be seeing the show on tour will perceive the performances.

Tickets are still available for the run at the Pantages. The show runs from June 1-13. Tickets may be purchased through Broadway LA.