Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Infinitized!

What happened to Miley?

Miley Cyrus gone wild - MSN Video

That's the clean Disney image we all want to see.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: What happened to Miley?

Apparently she's been taking lessons from Britney.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Apparently she's been taking lessons from Britney.
    My thought exactly.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Meh. I have mixed feelings (as far as I care about the subject, which isn't very far.) On the one hand, she represents Disney, and is underage, and ought to be a little more conservative and less...slutty. On the other hand, she is growing up, trying to shed her squeaky clean image, and make her way as a woman. Many teen girls go through this same transformation, they're just less publicized for it.

I wonder this: Does the fact that she's been working for Disney virtually all of her life mean she can never discover her sexuality or walk on the "wild side"?
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

You'd think would've paid attention to Britney more.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I just think that from the dawn of time, little girls becoming women have made stupid choices and bad mistakes, and chosen not to learn from those who have fallen from public grace before them. Miley won't be any different.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Meh. I have mixed feelings (as far as I care about the subject, which isn't very far.) On the one hand, she represents Disney, and is underage, and ought to be a little more conservative and less...slutty. On the other hand, she is growing up, trying to shed her squeaky clean image, and make her way as a woman. Many teen girls go through this same transformation, they're just less publicized for it.

I wonder this: Does the fact that she's been working for Disney virtually all of her life mean she can never discover her sexuality or walk on the "wild side"?
    No, she can do what she likes, but the main point is that she is under aged and the base of her popularity and fans are young children. Whether Miley likes it or not her fan base consists mainly of little girls from the age of about 6 to the age of about 11. Is this what she wants to convey to them? I hope not. If she were as 'mature' as she thinks she is then she would realize that what she is doing is not right.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

She is 17. She will turn 18 by the end of the year. I have seen girls wear a lot worse than this just walking around the streets and WDW and are much younger. I am not saying it isn't a bit too risky for a 17 year old, she is still a minor. But she is on the brink and I think she is just trying to put the young child image away and break out of her wholesome Disney image. My guess she wants people to see her as an adult, as a women. Most women go through this in their late teens, but as Sunnyg pointed out, its just not publicized.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• formerly PretzelSouls!

I blame her parents. They should be the ones to say "no, you can not dress like that and act like that."
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Reminds me more of the phase Christina Aguilera went through. She tried so hard to seperate herself from Britney, and she didn't need to, she had a much better voice. Ashely Simpson tried to make herself look different than Jessica, and when that didn't work, she decided to make herself look the same. Miley, same story, different girl.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    If she were as 'mature' as she thinks she is then she would realize that what she is doing is not right.
    This statement can be applied to mostly every teenage girl out there. Adolescence is a notoriously immature time, especially for girls. And yet we think we're so together. It's fairly common for teenagers to feel that they are "mature" and "adult" and proceed to show this "adult maturity' by acting like idiots. To me, she is acting in accordance with her age. Several years from now, she'll look back either in horror or amusement, as did most of us.

I just can't bring myself to think it's that big of a deal. As for the message she's sending to her younger fans, well, good thing they have mommies and daddies who can teach them right from wrong, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by PretzelSouls View Post
    I blame her parents. They should be the ones to say "no, you can not dress like that and act like that."
    Shouldn't they also have the option of deciding that it's fine for her to dress or act like that, then? Not every parent is as conservative as some of us wish they would be. Some parents are more permissive or indulgent. *shrugs* Up to them how they decide to raise their kid, isn't it?

• Circle of Ancients

I have no problem with her "discovering" herself, etc ... we ALL go through that, and like SunnyG said, it's not done in public.

My problem with it is that she's underage. If she was 18, go for it. But she's not.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    My problem with it is that she's underage. If she was 18, go for it. But she's not.
    I know very few young women who wait until they're 18 to start exploring the world and discovering themselves. It would be awesome if they did, but usually this sort of thing happens whenever the girl feels she's "ready to grow up".

I find myself actively thanking God every day that my 15 year old daughter hasn't decided she's ready to show the world how mature and grownup she is yet. Fingers crossed that it sticks.

• Circle of Ancients

I guess I should clarify:

I get that teenagers will not wait until they are 18 to start exploring ... and I REALLY hope that my daughter decides to wait.

My issue is ...

A) She's underage
    B) Those around her (including her parents) seem to be ok with this considering she's underage

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Considering that her run with Disney is almost up, I can understand her wanting to build a new image. But I don't know if I'd want people reaching up my skirt like they were in that video.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast