Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Madonna

52 years ago on this day (AUG 16), little girl by the name of Madonna Louise Ciccone would one day rule the music world, and she has come along way since 1982...

Say what you will about Madonna, seen here looking stunning at 52, arriving to her 52nd birthday bash in London.

The fact she's still been making music today, and still selling millions means something. Many believed she wouldn't be around today when she first came out with my favorite Madonna song, Everybody, back in 1982. Hard to believe at one point but audiences thought Madonna was black, because when she signed her first big record deal with Sire (Warner Bros. Records), and they first sent out Holiday back on September of 1983. The label didn't place an image of Madonna, and wouldn't believe radio DJs would play/air a R&B song that would be done by Italian white woman. Let the music sell itself and the rest, as they say, is history!

Madonna has proven to out do herself,coming out of not so critically albums here & there, and have produced such great albums like Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, and Confessions on the Dance Floor. Madonna has defiantly ruled the world by becoming the biggest selling woman (music artist) on Earth, according to Guinness World Records 2011.

and if you don't call this a fun concert, don't know what is.

not bad for an over 50 year old who can keep up 20 year old-some dancers =)

PS
    Few of my favs

That IS Madonna's daughter in the wedding dress, paying homage to, well, her mother.

Let's get unconscious...

Have to admit, during this version of SS Tour back in 2008, for being age 50. Not bad at all, huh?

(below) Performing What It Feels Like For A Girl in Spanish for the Drowned World Tour at 2:28 mark!

If this energy doesn't make you wana get up & dance... Better check your pulse =)

(below) A grand entrance only the the 'Queen of Pop' could do, blossoming out of a $2 million disco ball, made with Swarovski crystals, bringing it to a weight of two tons. No lie! Source: Madonna's Confessions Tour: An Index: Madonna : Rolling Stone
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:35 AM.

• Seeker of Fun

Re: Happy Birthday MADONNA

August 16th...also the day Elvis died.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

"like"

• Animation Domination

Wow! 52 and still going strong.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Banned User

Holy smokes - Madonna admitted more then once that she hates Las Vegas but when someone offers you a billion dollar offer to put on shows & residency on the Strip, how could one resist?

This is the biggest deal EVER offered to a performer, if Madonna accepts the deal, it would make her the third female billionaire entertainer on Earth, just behind Oprah. With Madonna's reps not commenting on the rumor, it is thought to be unlikely that she will sign the deal but time will tell.

Source: Music - News - Madonna 'offered $1bn Vegas residency' - Digital Spy

• Banned User

A number of un-released tracks have been leaked the past couple weeks, those are in need of some-what new Madonna music, take a listen...

Broken, a demo that would become I'm Sorry from Confessions of a Dance Floor but I love this demo.

Animal, a production by Timbaland for the Hard Candy album. The track features the most sexual lyrics since the Erotica days. It may have been abandoned for sounding like the production on Nelly Furtados’ Maneater but this track is much better than some of the other un-released tracks of Hard Candy.

A collaboration that Justin Timberlake & Danja were to have a helping voice on, here's the demo but its all Madonna, and happy it is because its a beautiful song. It features lyrics that we fans are very familiar with… Madonna’s singing Lela Pala Tute into our ears for years now, especially on the Sticky & Sweet tour, so it’s nice to hear her singing it on a track.

One of my favs...

A remix that never got commercially released, and was actually leaked a whole year before the Hard Candy album debuted, its a great uptempo and also has some of the original lyrics of demo version of The Beat Goes On.
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:41 AM.

• keh!

geez... it may be her bday, but she didn't die..

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

She's one of the most famous women in the world and attracts attention and scrutiny wherever she goes.

But yesterday Madonna took a break from her usual glamorous style to wear an outfit that would help her blend in with the crowds on the New York subway.

The 52-year-old was unrecognisable as she stepped out in blue jeans, a black jacket and scarf, sunglasses, and a baseball cap.
    Read more: Madonna goes incognito as she rides the New York subway | Mail Online

• Banned User

YouTube - Madonna - Into The Groove Live Sticky & Sweet Tour DVD Live Buenos Aires Argentina HD
    This woman ever stop? She's currently directing a movie, and now, opening up gyms? Want a great workout like Madonna? Well, she's opening up her own chain of gyms called Hard Candy Fitness around the world, the first is opening in Mexico City this November 29th. With over 30,000 sq foot of space. If your a dancer, there will be great dance classes as well.

It's no secret, Madonna is a workout warrior, the legend does not seem to be 52. She hopes to inspire people with what she believes is the “ideal workout.” There will also be a number of fitness programs developed exclusively for Hard Candy Fitness.

One of the more unique features that Hard Candy will have is the Mind Body Studio featuring The Great Wall. In this area, gym members will have all the tools necessary to practice BarWorks, Scultping Capoeira and different Yoga methods.

The general workout area will feature strength and free weight equipment from the top fitness manufacturers such as PreCor, Hoist, Free Motion, Nautilus, Hammer Strenth, StarTrac, AbCoaster and TRX suspension training.

By the new year, she'll be back in the studio with Swedish House Mafia’s Sebastian Ingrosso (Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso) for Madonna’s forthcoming new album project.
    source: Madonna to Open Hard Candy Fitness Centers Around the World -- MEXICO CITY, Oct. 25 /PRNewswire/ --
    Last edited by JMora; 10-25-2010 at 11:40 AM.

• Circle of Ancients

^^^At first when I heard about this I thought she opening up a candy store with yummylicious sweets. So I am a little sad about it. I should have known it was all about health and fitness.lol

Yup Madonna is always marketing great ideas. I hope she never stops.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If I was a song I'd be "Super Pop" - never stop...

YouTube - Madonna - Super Pop

• Banned User

• Jack's Posse

I like Madonna. I'm not a huge fan, but I like all the songs mostly everyone has heard. One thing I really enjoy though is her concerts and how she reinvents some of her old songs into something new and refreshing.....
    for example, Like a Virgin (I like this song cuz I can relate to it )
    From the Virgin tour (my mom went to this one)
    It was really simple, yet innocent. Not really much though as it was her first concert..Just her in a wedding dress.
    YouTube - Madonna - Like a Virgin (Live)

Who's That Girl Tour
    Madonna seemed to have fun with it. With an added chorus of Sugar Pie Honey Bunch adds a slight twist. To Sum it up: Cute and Funny
    YouTube - Madonna Like a virgin (who's that girl tour)

Blond Ambition (one of the BEST tours!)
    Really sultry and passionate acoustic version of Like a Virgin. She was singing on a bed touching herself (towards the end IDK if she was having an orgasm or just humping the bed for fun, but some people were mad.)

YouTube - Madonna - Like a Virgin (Blonde Ambition Tour)

The Girlie SHow.
    This one was humor driven. IDK who she was supposed to be acting like but I knew it is a humor/Broadway style performance.
    YouTube - Madonna - Like A Virgin (Girlie Show pt9)

The Confessions Tour
    This one really showed us how flexible she can be! The performance was fierce itself. But, I thought it was an odd theme..(were the horses supposed to be in heat??? lol)
    YouTube - Madonna - Like A Virgin (Live Confessions Tour)
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    Mike's funny. Dirty as a mud wrestling tournament, but funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    Mike Skellington: He is what everyone says is wrong with the internet generation, and I love the ******* for it!
    Mike Skellington
    My Tumblr.....Pretty Please Follow!!!!!!!!! And I'll follow you back.

• Banned User

Behind the scenes of one of my favorite M videos
    YouTube - Making of "Give it 2 Me" - MADONNA
    and Boy Toy INC. released a promo posters for...

Sadly, no Hard Candy Fitness centers are planned for the states, United States is considered fastest obesity country in the world.
    Last edited by JMora; 10-28-2010 at 11:59 AM.

• Banned User

Couldn't resist...
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast