Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

• Seasick

Re: Michael Jackson

New Michael Jackson album due out next month - Yahoo! News

Not too surprisingly, a new album is coming.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    New Michael Jackson album due out next month - Yahoo! News

Not too surprisingly, a new album is coming.
    I made a pre-order this morning =)
    Last edited by JMora; 11-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    Pre-sale for 2012? WOW I hope I get to see this, but damn selling tickets a 14 months in advance?
    It's not that all unusual to book concert/event tickets far in advance. I remember when the original This Is It concert was first announced. Tickets were sold over a year in advance, and all original 10 shows sold out in just under 5 minutes. Which more shows were added but the concert was never to be =(

I bought Madonna last Sticky & Sweet Tour tickets (the first leg of the tour) a year in advance, talk about like watching paint dry, lol.
    Last edited by JMora; 11-04-2010 at 09:37 PM.

• Banned User

Wow, Michael Jackson's Cirque du Soleil show has already grown the most top selling Cirque du Soleil show since announced 5 days ago.

Michael Jackson's has already grossed a billion dollars (How Michael Jackson Made $1 Billion Since His Death | Billboard.com), and the Michael Jackson's "The Immortal" Cirque du Soleil show has grossed over Bellagio's "O" in record time of sale records.

Who's bad?
    YouTube - Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour by Cirque du Soleil
    and guess what's coming (All his videos) BluRay & DVD...
    YouTube - MICHAEL JACKSON'S VISION - OFFICIAL DVD TRAILLER
    and the "Michael Jackson Estate" wants Caption EO in 3D BluRay/DVD Home Video by 2012 (hence a new Tomorrowland renovation, that fans would want EO on home-video by then)!
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Captain EO [HD] - Part two
    Last edited by JMora; 11-08-2010 at 04:05 AM.

• Banned User

The NEW Michael Jackson song has dropped, "Breaking News."
    YouTube - Michael Jackson - Breaking News
    (http://breakingnews.michaeljackson.com/)
    from MTV:
    There is a lot of new music coming out over the next few weeks, from Kanye West's latest album to the debut from Nicki Minaj to the hotly-anticipated new release from Kid Rock. But perhaps the most fascinating new tracks from this season will be coming from Michael Jackson, who will see his first posthumous full-length album (which is called Michael) drop on December 14. After getting a short tease last week, the album's first single "Breaking News" made its online debut at Jackson's official online hub.

Of course, it wouldn't be a Jackson song without some controversy. The late singer's family is claiming that many of the tracks on the upcoming Michael are not "real," and that the voice heard on "Breaking News" is actually that of a Jackson imitator. (In response to the controversy, Sony Music — the label putting out Michael — said that it had "complete confidence in the results of our extensive research as well as the accounts of those who were in the studio with Michael that the vocals on the new album are his own.")

But what do the critics think of Jackson's latest opus? The results have been decidedly negative. Michael Cragg of the U.K.'s The Guardian ripped it on just about every level. "Having listened to Jackson's music non-stop as a teenager, the vocal comes as a shock because it doesn't really sound like him," Cragg wrote. "Deeper and somehow flatter than on his last album, 2001's Invincible, it sounds like a heavily treated guide vocal. There are the obligatory 'hee hees,' but as the synthetic horns and vinyl scratches appear in the final third, 'Breaking News' feels like a song Jackson wouldn't have been happy to release."

Jacob Ganz of NPR was also skeptical of the legitimacy of the song. "Is there anything in the lyrics to this 'new' Michael Jackson song that identifies it as a Michael Jackson song? If it went 'Everybody wanting a piece of Britney Spears,' would it work any less well?"
    My personal opinion, how could this even pass? It's not even Michael Jackson who is singing but for MJ's credit, MJ did create the song some time ago, and did like 20 versions of this but didn't want to release it til' he felt the song was right. It was originally intended for the Invincible album and has it turns out. This song change to "Unbreakable", which is on the Invincible album...
    YouTube - Michael Jackson-Unbreakable
    you can tell but Breaking News does have the MJ feel to it but...

It's one thing to let a song go to the public and say it's a tribute but Sony is literally saying it's Michael Jackson. As one critic stated, "___ YOU $ONY."

PS MJ's mother is on Oprah today, along with his kids, and scary father.
    YouTube - A World Exclusive: Oprah talks to Michael Jackson's Mother, Katherine And Visits With His Children
    Last edited by JMora; 11-08-2010 at 03:51 PM.

• Banned User

It's called "Hold My Hand," and unlike terrible "Breaking News" this one actually sounds like MJ singing, with featuring Akon.

The track, which skews more R&B than pop, more hymnal than club banger features heavy vocal support from Akon, who wrote and produced it. Originally recorded in 2007 the song was shelved, then leaked in 2008, only to be finalized by Akon after Michael's untimely death in June of 2009. The song is available for purchase online, and will be featured on the first posthumous Jackson album, 'Michael,' that is dropping on Dec. 14. While Will.i.am, who appears on another 'Michael' track, took shots at Sony for releasing the songs without MJ's final input, the King of Pop's camp claims a mysterious handwritten note from Michael specified that 'Hold My Hand' be the first single for the project.

It doesn't take a producers ear to hear that the song was pieced together. Michael's iconic voice takes somewhat of a back seat, as there's clearly a verse or two missing. Look at a song like 'Will You Be There' off 1991's 'Dangerous.' Despite the Cleveland Orchestra Chorus backing him up, Jackson's voice is what stands out most. Even on other duets there is a distinct trade-off between singers. That doesn't happen on 'Hold My Hand.' Akon's beats and production drown out MJ, and it's almost difficult to hear the difference between them at times.

Not to be mistaken, 'Hold My Hand' is a beautiful and catchy song with heartfelt lyrics that stay true to Jackson's world peace mantra. The song is destined to become a chart-topping single and will get heavy radio play in the coming weeks around the holidays. The question that still remains is whether this is an authentic Michael Jackson song, or is it an Akon song with Michael Jackson on it. Jackson was very particular about who he sang with -- Paul McCartney, Slash, Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, his sister Janet are among those on his short list. While he expressed interest in working with the guest features on 'Michael,' the songs aren't necessarily being released with his seal of approval. Michael Jackson fans will have to accept the tunes for what they are despite the fact that Jackson -- a perfectionist when it came to his music, voice and performance -- didn't have the final say.
    Take a listen: Hold My Hand ? Michael Jackson

As with many other posthumous releases, the forthcoming Michael Jackson album, Michael, is already creating controversy. After will.i.am told Entertainment Weekly that he thought it was "disrespectful" to release the collection of previously unheard material from the King of Pop, fellow collaborator Akon struck back.

'Kon, whose "Hold My Hand" collaboration with Jackson dropped on Monday as the LP's first single, insists that releasing new music is actually a way of honoring the icon.

"I think that's probably will's opinion," Akon told TMZ of the Black Eyed Peas frontman's statement. "Me personally, I think that's keeping his legacy alive, if you ask me. I don't see anything disrespectful about it. He got his people taking care of it. We all did records that we actually worked on together on the album. These records would have come out whether he was alive or dead, so I think this actually to helps keep his legacy alive. I honestly disagree with that."
    The hip-hop mogul explained that he hopes "Hold My Hand" will reach "another level" and be properly distributed as he and the Jackson team had originally planned.

Last week, will.i.am slammed the project, suggesting that there's no honor in the upcoming release, due in stores December 14. "Whoever put it out and is profiting off of it, I want to see how cold they are," he told EW. "To say that what [Michael] contributed during his life wasn't enough. He just wasn't any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it's disrespectful. There's no honoring."
    Not only did Akon call his sessions with MJ "amazing," but he also gushed that it was nothing short of a dream come true saying, "He was a very incredible person, very creative. That was really a dream come true on my end. I enjoyed every moment of it."
    Just wish Akon wasn't on the track =)
    Last edited by JMora; 11-16-2010 at 10:27 AM.

• Banned User

It's about time, and leave it to the music of the King of Pop to have the priciest Glee episode yet. After many rumors, and working with the Michael Jackson estate, Glee has announced they will do a Michael Jackson tribute, with Thriller being main event. It will air as a post-Super Bowl episode which usually attracts the largest audience in a year.

Which kinda makes it full circle, since Michael Jackson was the main performance for the halftime show for Super Bowl XXVII, which remains the highest rating halftime Super Bowl event, EVER! Audience figures actually increased during the half-time show. Glee's Michael Jackson tribute will be the "most expensive" production in "Glee" history as well as "one of television's priciest episodes ever" according to Glee creator, Ryan Murphy.

Source: 'Glee' exclusive: The cast will perform Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' for the Super Bowl episode -- and that's not all | EW.com

• Kingdom Comedian

Did y'all notice which Sci-Fi Captain's image made the cover of Micheal's next album?

Hint: Look below the cameras on the right hand side

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    Did y'all notice which Sci-Fi Captain's image made the cover of Micheal's next album?

Hint: Look below the cameras on the right hand side
    I did The cover reminds me of the Dangrous album cover art, this time, paying homage to all the King of Pop iconic moments in history but did you know. The album cover also had some controversy?

Take a look at these two variations...

(Zoom in) The yellow circle reveals Prince's famous symbol. See, the tiger on the cover isn't just starting off blankly into the abyss of what his life in captivity has become. No, that tiger is looking at a logo, Prince's logo, "Egads." Many assumed that this was a hidden message. That possibly, behind closed doors sometime ago, Prince and Michael Jackson recorded a collaboration, and may now soon to be unleashed on the world?" Much like Jackson's tiger, people were confused and anxious.

Prince's camp responded with a "No." In response, Sony Music Entertainment is removing the Prince logo from the cover of Michael. If this was a mistake made back in the days of vinyl covers, it could be worth something but who knows, and oh well. Prince & MJ? fans (and tigers) can still dream, can't they? Many didn't know either but Prince did a collaboration with another pop icon, Madonna with a song titled Love Song back in 1989. Though Prince & Michael never collaborated before, they shared the stage only once, when they took to the stage with James Brown...

Many accused Prince of being super high during that event, like Michael, I would had left the stage too, lol
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 04:26 PM.

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    after he died, the boy from the molestation case admitted that his father told him to lie and say michael touched him. so NO, he did not molest that boy.
    Sorry to say but that report is untrue. There's a reason you haven't seen it on the news. The story comes from one uncorroborated blog that isn't even up any more. No one did any digging. No one confirmed it was from Jordan Chandler. Heck, I could start a blog and say I was Jordan Chandler.

Also, he would risk losing all the money he was paid for the settlement. Which he has more than likely spent a good deal of by now. There is no way he made that statement. As much as we wish he did. Sometimes there are no easy answers. You either believe MJ was innocent or you believe he was guilty. There is no "proof" either way.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I love Michael Jackson!!! I look at Evan Chandler comitting suicide as proof that they lied. And you can't argue the other family lied to because MJ went to court and won. My favorite song from him is Beat It and We Are Here to Change the World.

• Banned User

Never before seen music video has surfaced...

It's included in the 3 DVD box collection, Michael Jackson's Vision, over 40 music videos. Which is available since Monday.

• Banned User

Slave to the Rhythm is the latest leak to pop up on internet waves, though its just a snippet, and has an annoying DJ voice-over bragging. That aside, the track is getting a lot great feedback. Even though it was recorded back in the year 1998 with producer Darkchild, the beat is pretty good, even for today's audience. It's unknown if this track will be included in the new album that's slatted to drop soon.

Take a listen before this is shot down or try here: adf.ly - shrink your URLs and get paid!
    Last edited by JMora; 12-02-2010 at 07:24 PM.

• Banned User

Can preview (listen) Michael Jackson’s posthumous album, “Michael” which drops December 14th, here: adf.ly - shrink your URLs and get paid!

I don't even know where to begin, but 90% of this album isn't even Michael Jackson, it seems Sony did in fact hire someone who sounds like Michael. Take a listen for yourself, I can't even believe this is even going to be released. Out of the 10 tracks, only two are defiantly Michael Jackson. One being Hold My Hand with Akon, and the last track, Much Too Soon. Much Too Soon was actually made for the Thriller album but according to Michael Jackson, never found a home for it but leave it up to Sony to make one.

As for the rest of the tracks like Hollywood Tonight, Keep Your Head Up, (I Like) The Way You Love Me, Monster (ft 50 Cent), Best Of Joy, Breaking News, (I Can’t Make It) Another Day, and Behind The Mask. Sony says they've made tests to ensure the authenticity of the voice and that it was 100% Michael Jackson. Are they deaf or just money hungry? The songs were indeed made, arranged by Michael at one time but more of an after thought. Then came his passing, and all that has change.

It's truly sad that a record label would go this low to sell records. There's a lot hype riding on this posthumous album. Sadly, the recent Slave to Rhythm track, which was leaked yesterday, isn't on the album and that's 100% MJ.
    Last edited by JMora; 12-03-2010 at 05:54 PM.

• Banned User

No surprise, the new album is getting a lot of bad word of mouth. Mainly because 90-75% of the album isn't even Michael Jackson. Really have to listen to the whole tracks, at times, it seems both Jackson's voice is with Sony's hired impersonator's voice, which is a dead give away. It seems that Sony hired someone who sounds like the 'King of Pop,' but of course sony denies it, the public is no fool. Michael Jackson has made well over a billion dollars from music sales (source: How Michael Jackson Made $1 Billion Since His Death | Billboard.com) since his death. It's kinda of disrepestectful in my opinion to say this new album is Michael Jackson, when obviously it's not. Sony seems to have only one thing in mind, $$$$. Sony should had actually gone through MJ's song collection masters, which said to be over 200 songs. Instead of hiring an impersonator to finish something that was never meant to be. The only song that stands out for me is, Hold My Hand (ft Akon). Unfortunately, 'Slave to the Rhytm' isn't included

How much Michael will be on Michael Jackson’s forthcoming album? Like it or not, Michael Jackson’s first posthumous album will be released in just days. The burning question is; just how much of what we will hear is actually Michael. The producers have apparently quelled any serious conspiracies about whether or not its really Michael’s voice on the tracks. The CD disc set comes with a long-winded explanation and the imprimatur of various voice experts. Etc. etc., but the real question remains; how much of the album did Michael as an artist, complete?

Releasing the "Michael" Album Disrespectful?
    We know that the album is not simply tracks that were completed already, but for some reason did not make it on an album, they were definite works in progress. We know that Michael was an unrelenting perfectionist as a musician. He took years playing around with melodies and lyrics until he finally decided “They Don’t really Care About Us” was good enough for an album. Similarly, at least one track on the upcoming album has been on the table for over 20 years. This of course begs the question of whether or not it was appropriate to release these unfinished tracks knowing full well that Michael had not intended for them to be heard until he felt they met his own standard.

This debate of course will never be resolved since we will never really know to what extent the album’s producer’s “completed” the material. What we do know is that production of the album certainly involved more than an insignificant amount of subjective work to complete. For some, this crosses the line. Will.i.Am of Black-Eyed Peas fame has been especially vocal in his disdain for the production. “He just wasn't any ordinary artist. He was a hands-on person. To me it's disrespectful . . . Michael Jackson songs are finished when Michael says they're finished."

Michael Beatboxing

If anyone would know what Michael’s wishes would have been in this regard it would be Will.i.Am, he had just completed work on a groundbreaking dance music album with Michael just before he died. He told the Daily Mirror in 2009 that Michael was very protective of the demo and other materials, and made sure that at the end of the collaboration he returned everything back to him for safekeeping.

On the other hand, there are a host of artists who collaborated with Michael and who believe that the album is a great way to celebrate the King of Pop. In essence, finishing a labor of love that Michael tragically, was not able to do himself. The producers who worked on the album insist they know exactly what Michael would have wanted and are certain that the release will keep Michael’s legacy intact.

As for the actual music on the album, initial reviews are mixed but generally good. The album offers a mix of genres and features Michael beat-boxing.

“Michael” is scheduled for release on December 14th.
    Source: Music news- Michael Jackson's 2010 Album to be Released December 14th

An article about the album being leaked: Posthumous Michael Jackson album leaks online

The leak (sharing), it's 100% legit: Michael Jackson - Michael 2010-H3X (NEW ALBUM)(SCENE)(FAST) Torrent Download

Album review from zackary2:
    Okay, now that almost the entire Michael album has been leaked onto the internet, I thought I would share my thoughts on this release:

The Album Cover: I'm not a great fan of the CD cover. It looks like it should be on a Greatest Hits release. Also, there is something wrong with the way Micheal's eyes are painted in the main image. It is creative, however, although a little too close in style to the Dangerous cover. I would have preferred a recent photograph of Michael on the cover. 7/10

Track 1 "Hold My Hand" - Akon did a beautiful job on completing this song. There are so many more vocal tracks from Michael on this finished version as opposed to the 2008 leaked demo. I love it! Unfortunately, it hasn't seen much chart action - I wonder why? It is stuck at #25 on the iTunes Canada chart. 8/10

Track 2 "Hollywood Tonight" - upbeat and catchy, I heard a 30 second snippet, but this one is promising. 8/10

Track 3 "Keep Your Head Up" I couldn't care less if the producers sampled some of Michael's vocal effects from "Earth Song" - this is an incredible anthem song - only Michael can perform a song like this at this level - awesome - 10/10

Track 4 "(I Like) The Way You Love Me" - Didn't this song appear on the Ultimate Collection? Did they remix it or something? I haven't heard any sound snippets, but my first reaction as a fan is slight annoyance - this is supposed to be an album of new material... the original song was pretty good.... 7/10

Track 5 "Monster" - heard the entire track - amazing throbbing dance track - I love it! One word: AWESOME! 10/10

Track 6"Best of Joy" - the snippet I heard sounds great! Upbeat and classic Michael - reminds me of "Off The Wall" - 9/10

Track 7 "Breaking News" - I do think Michael is singing this song, but even as Teddy Riley admits, the vocals are very processed. This is the weakest track. I like the beat though.... 6/10

Track 8 "(I Can't Make It) Another Day - I haven't heard a snippet of the finished version, but I know this song will be amazing... the leaked samples from January 2010 were amazing.... I predict this will be the star track of the album... MJ rocks on this one!.... 10/10

Track 9 "Behind The Mask" - the 30 second sample sounded good - very upbeat with plenty of vocal hooks..... 9/10

Track 10 "Much Too Soon" - heard the full track... melancholy song recorded by MJ in the Thriller era... perfect vocals (of course)... with beautiful string and harpsichord arrangement ..... 8/10

Final note: While album running time is not the most essential issue (quality is), it looks like this release will clock in at just less than 40 minutes. That seems a little brief for an album. I guess SONY wants to save material for the other MJ albums they plan until 2017... "don't put too much on the plate at once, and keep them coming back for more seems to be SONY's philosophy...
    Last but not least...
    Last edited by JMora; 12-06-2010 at 10:50 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast