Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Jackson

• Banned User

Michael Jackson

Hard to believe it's been over a year since his death, and soon his birthday is around the corner (AUG 29), he would had been 52. Say what you about the man but one can't deny that for one man to sell over 500 million records during his lifetime. That alone says something, and perhaps its true. He's the 'The King of Pop!' He left this world behind with a lot great music, and we lost a very unique entertainer. Who's dance shoes, will never be filled... EVER! Yes, the man was surrounded by controversy, and for the record, there was no evidence ever found against him. Even when the LAPD simultaneously searched his 3 homes, nothing. It was all hear say, etc. Never mind the kid's mother from the first case is in prison for falsely accusing another man of child molestation several years ago, and the parents from the second case were found guilty of embezzling money. Anyway...

What music artist do you know from the past to present, that had been singing since the age of 5? Manage to have a career well into his/her adulthood? One album after another would top the previous record on the billboard charts. Its thanks to Michael too, that music has merged with other music genres starting with Beat It. Its thanks to Michael that defined what a music video should be. Its thanks to Michael what a great concert can become an event. So many iconic moves & styles, it's not really hard to see his huge influence on the entertainment industry. After the Bad album (1987), Michael's music just didn't belong to a certain genre or race or age, it belonged to everybody. Not only could the man sing, he wrote, and produced is own music. Not to mention one heck of a natural dancer, when he danced, he defied gravity! Truly the greatest entertainer that ever lived, he even has a theme park attraction.

With that said, if one was like me, growing up in the 80′s to his music was the soundtrack to your life. Especially for those who grew up with the Jackson 5. For me, my first MJ record I ever remember playing was the Thriller vinyl album, which I used to play day in day out. I have vivid images of me dancing around my bedroom to Thriller, which as time went on, dancing to Bad, Smooth criminal, etc, etc. I like many, remember thinking that Michael was the coolest guy in the universe. I remained, and will forever be a fan of MJ. Many hours was spent trying to pull off his moves (and I kill with those moves on the dance floor too once I hear a MJ song at a club =), and I feel lucky to have grown up with his music, never again will we see someone do it like Michael Jackson.

In addition, for those who've seen This Is It concert, must admit that would had been one hell of a concert indeed to go see, MJ was making a comeback for sure, but at least his testament is forever captured on film. Plus, did you notice the Haunted Mansion influence during the Thriller sequence in This Is It concert, and MJ coming out of the black widow? AWESOME!!!

Below are a few of my favorite MJ vids, from tributes to amazing mixes. So much music so little time but starting the collection with a great megamix of a legend!

Just Get Used To It!

Never before seen music video of another great MJ song.

My favorite.

It's hard to remix MJ songs, since the man didn't release a song/album without them being 110% perfect, that said, there's only a good hand full of great remixes that for sure MJ would approve of since his death, here are some of my favorite & mazing mixes. Grab that pair of black loafers, fedora hat, & crystal-studded glove and dance =)

Sadly, something as tragic as the event of Michael Jackson's death does it take DJs to start recognizing the power of MJ's music does to everybody. If one was a Michael Jackson fan, last summer was no doubt a fun one, dancing to his music at the clubs, at a friend's house, etc. One would think it was the 80s/early 90s all over again when Michael Jackson was heard everywhere. It felt good yet sad at the same...

MJ was highly represented at the 2009 Daisy Electric Carnival at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

2010 Daisy Electric Carnival at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

On the day of MJ's passing, the New Kids On the Block was on tour, and did a touching tribute. What's amazing, the crowd starts singing with instrumental music of Man in the Mirror.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=Sr1t...ature=related"
    Over at the real Pacha in Ibiza, Spain

After just 10 hours of the word of MJ passing. 1,500 CPDRC inmates did a memory dance tribute, couple of years ago, these same inmates were famous for the Thriller dance. What's more touching, they do We Are the World at the end, with world flags being waved.

At Club Rain, Las Vegas, DJ AM (who sadly passed away couple months after) did a special tribute to MJ the day he passed away.

Dodger Stadium did a Michael Jackson firework tribute on June 25, 2009, normally they do fireworks after a game, this time, the whole crowd remained =)

Of course it would come back!

Hands down, one of the most fun & exciting performances to grace the MTV Music Awards

This was actually shot from someone's phone that same night (below)

A nice firework tribute to Michael Jackson occurred in South of France

Michael Jackson was chosen to perform because the ratings for the 1993 Super Bowl, ratings were way down. He just had 1 demand, he'll be the ONLY performer. An agreement was made and the rest is history. It remains the most watched Super Halftime event in history, first also marked for the first time the Super Bowl audience figures actually tripled during the half-time show alone. Till this day, it remains the most watched Halftime show!

Sadly, it wasn't until his death, especially with the touching televised memorial that many, including I, saw him more as a human being then ever. Saw him has a brother, a uncle, and a father then just a super mega star.

The day that MJ passed away, filmed at the Apollo (where MJ performed when he was a kid).

That same day (June 25, 2009) on the NYC subway.

While on tour last summer, Madonna had little MJ tribute.

This last video below was moving for me, dunno really why but just was when I first saw it before boarding a plane for NYC for the summer back in 09, and this was coming from MTV? MTV had a heart?

Since his death, MJ has made over a billion in music sales. Source: How Michael Jackson Made $1 Billion Since His Death | Billboard.com Not even Elvis seen that number!
    Here's the official music video of This Is It directed by Spike Lee

Last but not least, Michael Jackson singing Wish Upon A Star at Disneyland, CA back in 1980.

Madonna's speech said it best...
    Michael Jackson was born in August 1958. So was I. Michael Jackson grew up in the suburbs of the Midwest. So did I. Michael Jackson had eight brothers and sisters. So do I. When Michael Jackson was six, he became a superstar, and was perhaps the world’s most beloved child. When I was six, my mother died. I think he got the shorter end of the stick. I never had a mother, but he never had a childhood. And when you never get to have something, you become obsessed by it.

I spent my childhood searching for my mother figures. Sometimes I was successful, but how do you recreate your childhood when you are under the magnifying glass of the world?

There is no question that Michael Jackson is one of the greatest talents the world has ever known. That when he sang a song at the ripe old age of eight he could make you feel like an experienced adult was squeezing your heart with his words. That when he moved he had the elegance of Fred Astaire and packed the punch of Muhammad Ali. That his music had an extra layer of inexplicable magic that didn’t just make you want to dance but actually made you believe you could fly, dare to dream, be anything that you wanted to be. Because that is what heroes do and Michael Jackson was a hero.

He performed in soccer stadiums around the world, and sold hundreds of millions of records and dined with prime ministers and presidents. Girls fell in love with him, boys fell in love with him, everyone wanted to dance like him. He seemed otherworldly — but he was a human being.

Like most performers he was shy and plagued with insecurities. I can’t say we were great friends, but in 1991 I decided I wanted to try to get to know him better. I asked him out to dinner, I said “My treat, I’ll drive — just you and me.”

He agreed and showed up to my house without any bodyguards. We drove to the restaurant in my car. It was dark out, but he was still wearing sunglasses.

I said, “Michael, I feel like I’m talking to a limousine. Do you think you can take off your glasses so I can see your eyes?”

Then he tossed the glasses out the window, looked at me with a wink and a smile and said, “Can you see me now? Is that better?”

in that moment, I could see both his vulnerability and his charm. The rest of the dinner, I was hellbent on getting him to eat French fries, drink wine, have dessert and say bad words. Things he never seemed to allow himself to do. Later we went back to my house to watch a movie and sat on the couch like two kids, and somewhere in the middle of the movie, his hand snuck over and held mine.

It felt like he was looking for more of a friend than a romance, and I was happy to oblige. In that moment, he didn’t feel like a superstar. He felt like a human being.

We went out a few more times together, and then for one reason or another we fell out of touch. Then the witch hunt began, and it seemed like one negative story after another was coming out about Michael. I felt his pain, I know what it’s like to walk down the street and feel like the whole world is turned against you. I know what it’s like to feel helpless and unable to defend yourself because the roar of the lynch mob is so loud you feel like your voice can never be heard.

But I had a childhood, and I was allowed to make mistakes and find my own way in the world without the glare of the spotlight.

When I first heard that Michael had died, I was in London, days away from the start of my tour. Michael was going to perform in the same venue as me a week later. All I could think about in this moment was, “I had abandoned him.” That we had abandoned him. That we had allowed this magnificent creature who had once set the world on fire to somehow slip through the cracks. While he was trying to build a family and rebuild his career, we were all passing judgement. Most of us had turned our backs on him. In a desperate attempt to hold onto his memory, I went on the internet to watch old clips of him dancing and singing on TV and on stage and I thought, “my God, he was so unique, so original, so rare, and there will never be anyone like him again. He was a king.”

But he was also a human being, and alas we are all human beings and sometimes we have to lose things before we can appreciate them. I want to end this on a positive note and say that my sons, age nine and four, are obsessed with Michael Jackson. There’s a whole lot of crotch grabbing and moon walking going on in my house. And, it seems like a whole new generation of kids have discovered his genius and are bringing him to life again. I hope that wherever Michael is right now he is smiling about this.

Yes, Michael Jackson was a human being but he was a king. Long live the king.
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:24 AM. Reason: typos

• Banned User

Re: Michael Jackson

For Wii & Kinect This NOV 23, 2010

Xbox 360 and PS3 titles are being delayed? Why? Both games will support the next-gen motion control schemes for their platforms. The new motion controls are the reason for the delay as Ubisoft’s developers get more experience programming for the new setups.
    Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:38 AM.

• Banned User

Who's bad?
    YouTube - Michael Jackson - The Legendary MEGAMIX , by Robin Skouteris
    King of Pop, even after death... Michael jackson has once again top Forbes list has the most musician/celebrity from earnings, dead or alive! Grossing over $270 million, according to Forbes, his $275 million total was greater than the pooled earnings of this year. In addition, Forbes adds that Jackson's estate in the past 12 months has earned more than the combined earnings of superstars Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, U2, AC/DC, Jay-Z and Madonna, and more than any living artist or group, for that matter!

I have a feeling Captain EO is going to stay, for a while. Elvis Presley, who was the King of earnings after death, only earned $60 million, placing him at #2.

Sources: Dead and rich: Michael Jackson tops Forbes list / Michael Jackson tops list of richest dead celebs – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs http://www.billboard.com/news#/news/u2-beyonce-britney-make-forbes-top-earning-1004105090.story
    Last edited by JMora; 10-26-2010 at 02:18 PM.

• Hooterville, USA

You aren't going to like my opinion of him. I hope he rots in hell for molesting those kids. You say that there is no proof, but yet he paid out a bundle to settle. His "Jesus juice" was wine to make the kids incoherent.

His lawyer Johnny Cochran, told him that if he didn't stop with his antics toward children, he wouldn't represent him any longer.

What's that tell you?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• keh!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    You aren't going to like my opinion of him. I hope he rots in hell for molesting those kids. You say that there is no proof, but yet he paid out a bundle to settle. His "Jesus juice" was wine to make the kids incoherent.

His lawyer Johnny Cochran, told him that if he didn't stop with his antics toward children, he wouldn't represent him any longer.

What's that tell you?
    after he died, the boy from the molestation case admitted that his father told him to lie and say michael touched him. so NO, he did not molest that boy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post

What's that tell you?
    The fact he remained his lawyer til his death in 2005, I doubt he even said that. This is the same lawyer who stated, "I don't know about all that craziness. But I do know this: Michael Jackson loves kids. He's dedicated his life to kids. It would be hard for me to think of him ever molesting a child." (10 Questions for Johnnie Cochran - TIME)

The LAPD stated they found nothing of importance to add to their investigation ("1993: Michael Jackson accused of child abuse". BBC. February 8, 2003. BBC ON THIS DAY | 24 | 1993: Michael Jackson accused of child abuse. Retrieved November 11, 2006). What's interesting as well, for the 2003/04 case, during cross-examination, the accusers admitted they were physically abused at the hands of there own low-life father. Another interesting detail, one of the "victims" was part of a family with a criminal record of theft and extortion history. What does that tell you?

What's interesting as well, all those who accused him, were already messed up, and physically abused. Not that it makes it ok but who's to say they were taking it out on the wrong person for a simple motive of money, and Jackson was an easy target??? If the parent of the child strongly believed what there child was saying is true. They should had stayed in court and fought hard, along with not taken any deals/money. Goes for both cases, the 2003-4 case did indeed go to court and he was acquitted on all counts ("Jackson's 'past' allowed in court". BBC. March 25, 2005. BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Jackson's 'past' allowed in court. Retrieved July 12, 2008.)

It of course doesn't help how Michael Jackson created his own world outside what we call reality but if one had millions of dollars, one would build a theme park in the backyard too. Buy tons of things, he even had floats from the old Main Street Electrical parade, and a few other stuff from Disneyland too. To be honest, it is a no win scenario, and ALL hear say. Not that I would know but even the most intelligent criminal, rich or poor can't hide secrets. From what we hear on the news, etc. Any child molester leaves something, and as mentioned before, LAPD never found anything, not even forensics.

"...the only thing Michael was guilty of in my opinion, was naivete. While cuddling in the bed with children isn't technically illegal, it does violate several social norms; norms that a man who [...] refers to himself as “Peter Pan” would certainly pay a higher price for breaking. ...laying in bed with those children, watching movies, tickling, and engaging in general horseplay, sounds less like the work of a pedophile and more like the actions of a man trying to experience a [lost] childhood. "

The man had been in the business of making entertainment since the age of 5. When a person/adult doesn't seem to want to grow up, doesn't always mean that person doesn't take responsibilities, just the person's outside persona may appear the opposite. I don't want to get into the whole aesthetics of this but I believe knowing that Michael was abused by his father, knowing how terrified it made him, he would never place that same fear on anyone. My opinion.

Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:27 AM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    after he died, the boy from the molestation case admitted that his father told him to lie and say michael touched him. so NO, he did not molest that boy.

• Metal Head loves Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
    I did not know that. I will pass along this information, thanks Flickering Bulb!
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by rage View Post
    I did not know that. I will pass along this information, thanks Flickering Bulb!
    Jordan Chandler Admits He Lied About Michael Jackson | Daily World Buzz Not only that, but the kid's, well he's 23 now, father committed suicide too. (Michael Jackson: Jordan Chandler's father Evan commits suicide years after accusing star of molesting his son | Mail Online)

• Banned User

Last edited by JMora; 11-18-2010 at 01:38 AM.

• Banned User

Twenty two years ago today...

I still have no idea or clue as to WHY this narrative film about his music legacy up to 1988, which included several long versions of music videos from the Bad album has not arrived on DVD/BluRay. By the end of Moonwalker, it evolved into a story (short film) of Smooth Criminal.

It still has not gotten DVD or BluRay treatment in the states, but some over-seas markets already have the BluRay editions. The bootleg version for the states is just not worth it (a lot of noticeable defects) but it was a huge hit upon original VHS/Laser-Disc home-video release 22 years ago today!

I have my VHS still but I placed it somewhere where I can't find it. 65% of Moonwalker was filmed on the Universal Studios Hollywood lot, at New York, Little Europe, Mexico, 6 Point Texas back-lot set locations, and 5 sound stages. ILM did the most CGI effects when MJ transformed into a robot for the long Smooth Criminal video edition. This was way before the time of Terminator: Judgment Day. Plus, there's over 70 references of classic Hollywood films in Moonwalker. So, for now...
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 1
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 2
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 3
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 4
    YouTube - Moonwalker Part 5
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 6
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 7
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 8
    YouTube - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker-Part 9

Note: The short films like Speed Demon, Leave Me Alone and Smooth Criminal will appear on an upcoming DVD box set of Michael Jackson upcoming video box set titled, Michael Jackson's Vision...
    YouTube - MICHAEL JACKSON'S VISION - OFFICIAL DVD TRAILLER

Which drops this NOVEMBER 22, ALL his music videos he EVER made, close to 5 hours of music videos alone, including the special extras!

(UPDATED - NOV4 - Track Listing)

Michael Jackson’s Vision
    DISC 1

1 Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough 4:12:00
    Director: Nick Saxton

2 Rock With You 3:22:00
    Director: Bruce Gowers

3 She’s Out of My Life 3:35:00
    Director: Bruce Gowers

4 Billie Jean 4:54:00
    Director: Steve Barron

5 Beat It 4:57:00
    Director: Bob Giraldi

6 Thriller 13:42:00
    Director: John Landis

7 Bad 18:05:00
    Director: Martin Scorsese

8 The Way You Make Me Feel 9:24:00
    Director: Joe Pytka

9 Man In the Mirror 5:03:00
    Director: Don Wilson

10 Dirty Diana 5:05:00

11Smooth Criminal 9:27:00
    Director: Colin Chilvers

12 Another Part of Me 4:45:00
    Director: Patrick T. Kelly

13 Speed Demon 10:08:00
    Director: Will Vinton

14 Come Together 5:40:00
    Director: Jerry Kramer & Colin Chilvers

15 Leave Me Alone 4:36:00
    Director: Jim Blashfield and Paul Diener

16 Liberian Girl 5:34:00
    Director: Jim Yukich

Total Disc 1 112:29:00 (01:52:29)

DISC 2

1 Black or White 11:01:00
    Director: John Landis

2 Remember The Time 9:16:00
    Director: John Singleton

3 In the Closet 6:05:00
    Director: Herb Ritts

4 Jam 7:59:00
    Director: David Nelson

5 Heal The World 7:32:00

6 Give In To Me 5:29:00
    Director: Andy Morahan

7 Who Is It 6:34:00
    Director: David Fincher

8 Will You Be There 5:55:00
    Director: Vincent Paterson

9 Gone Too Soon 3:38:00
    Director: Bill DiCicco

10 Scream 4:47:00
    Director: Mark Romanek
    Janet Jackson appears courtesy of Virgin Records

11 Childhood 4:29:00
    Director: Nicholas Brandt

12 You Are Not Alone 5:34:00
    Director: Wayne Isham

13 Earth Song 6:44:00

14 They Don’t Care About Us 7:08:00
    Director: Spike Lee

15 Stranger In Moskow 5:33:00

16 Blood On The Dancefloor 5:27:00
    Director: Michael Jackson & Vincent Patterson

17 Ghosts 3:58:00
    Director: Stan Winston

18 You Rock My World 13:30:00
    Director: Paul Hunter

19 Cry 4:57:00
    Director: Nick Brandt

Total Disc 2 125:36:00 (2:05:36)

DISC 3 (Bonus Features)

1 Blame It On the Boogie - The Jacksons 3:32:00

2 Enjoy Yourself - The Jacksons 3:31:00

3 Can You Feel It - The Jacksons 9:37:00

4 Say Say Say - Paul McCartney & Michael Jackson 4:57:00
    Director: Bob Giraldi

5 They Don’t Care About Us - Prison version 4:52:00
    Director: Spike Lee

6 Why? - 3T featuring Michael Jackson 4:33:00

7 One More Chance - previously unreleased 4:03:00

Total Disc 3 35:05:00

[Total Running time: approx 4 ½ hours]

Trivia: Bad World Tour figures total 123 concerts to 4.4 million people in attendance from 1987-1989. The 16 month tour grossed over $125 million (that's over $240 million in today's terms with inflation), more than any other entertainer had on a single tour. (http://www.allmichaeljackson.com/tours.html)
    Last edited by JMora; 11-04-2010 at 09:14 PM.

I knew about one of the fathers committing suicide, but I didn't know about him telling telling his kid to lie! Honestly goes a long way, when will people ever learn?

• Banned User

Cirque du Soleil announced today a NEW world tour show titled The Immortal, a production based on Michael Jackson's music legacy. Tour dates have been posted, as well as pre-TIX SALES.

Too no surprise, I've been trying trying to get them and the site is temporarily unavailable due to high traffic generated by the ticket sales for the show.

Tour Dates/TIXS: Michael Jackson THE IMMORTAL World Tour | Cirque du Soleil

• Banned User

Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson show starts selling tickets on Saturday. Presale starts today for Michael Jackson fan club members.
    The official announcement comes this morning.

The show — called “The Immortal World Tour”– is a stadium tour that begins in Montreal in October 2011. The tour proceeds to Detroit, spends about a month in Las Vegas for December 2011, then heads to the west coast in early 2012. It should get to New York later that spring.
    Cirque du Soleil’s Jamie King is the director. John Branca, co-executor of the Michael Jackson estate, says that the show will be full of Michael’s music, and the costumes and look will reflect all the elements that made him famous. But there won’t be any Michael Jackson imitators, he promises.

Cirque’s Beatles show, “Love,” in Las Vegas continues to amaze and astound. It’s doing so well that I’ve heard the producers are planning a fifth anniversary extravaganza in Vegas next June. “Immortal” should follow in its footsteps.
    If your a club member of Cirque du Soleil, you can buy pre-TIX sales now, and you may become a member for FREE (Cirque du Soleil Official Website | Choose your country)! No surprise, TIXs are selling fast, and more shows are already being added. The site has crashed a few times today. A local Las Vegas paper revealed that Mandalay Bay will house a good hand-full of US dates before it goes back on the road in the new year of 2012.

With lavish production cost of over $60 million, over 60 performers, and directed by choreographer Jamie King. Who previously worked on the past 3 Madonna record breaking tours, and many other performers. The production costs are being split between Cirque and the Jackson estate, as profits are to be.

The production’s price tag is more than double that of a typical Cirque show, according to a spokeswoman. Details have yet to emerge on another Jackson-themed Cirque production, which is to play in residency at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas after “Immortal” wraps up its run.

Ticket prices range from $50 to $250 apiece.

The show will also have flying UFO's, pyrotechnics, water effects, fireworks, etc, etc, etc.

2011 TOUR SCHEDULE

October 2-3
    Montreal, QC - Bell Centre

October 7
    Ottawa, ON - Scotiabank Place

October 12
    Hamilton, ON - Copps Coliseum

October 15
    Detroit, MI - Joe Louis Arena

October 18
    London, ON - John Labatt Centre

October 21
    Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre

October 26
    Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre

October 29
    Saskatoon, SK - Credit Union Centre

November 1
    Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place

November 4
    Vancouver, BC - Rogers Arena

November 9
    Seattle, WA - KeyArena

November 18
    Portland, OR - Rose Garden

November 29
    Salt Lake City, UT - EnergySolutions Arena

December 3-11
    Las Vegas, NV -Mandalay Bay Events Center

2012 Tour Schedule

January 6
    Denver, CO - Pepsi Center

January 10
    Sacramento, CA - ARCO Arena

January 13
    San Jose, CA - HP Pavillion at San Jose

January 18
    Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena

January 21
    San Diego, CA - Valley View Casino Center

January 24
    Anaheim, CA - Honda Center

January 27
    Los Angeles, CA - STAPLES Center

February 10
    Houston, TX - Toyota Center

March 2
    Miami, FL - AmericanAirlines Arena

March 24
    Quebec City, QC - Colisee Pepsi

April 3
    New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

April 10
    Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

June 29
    Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena

Pre-sale for 2012? WOW I hope I get to see this, but damn selling tickets a 14 months in advance?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast