Thread: Nelly Furtado

• Banned User

Nelly Furtado

Nelly Furtado has finally revealed details of her new album, which won't drop till 2011. According to The Canadian Press, the forthcoming LP will be called Lifestyle and has been described by the singer as "a mixed bag of sorts." She did release an all Spanish album in 2009 titled 'Mi Plan,' which was a success in the Spanish markets.

Meantime, Furtado will release a Best Of collection next month, which will include 3 new songs including the single 'The Night Is Young'.
    YouTube - The Best Of Nelly Furtado - Coming November 2010
    YouTube - Nelly Furtado - Dance Megamix
    Her newest track...
    YouTube - Nelly Furtado - Night is Young HD + Lyrics

A track that I wish got more airplay was when Nelly Furtado made a guest appearance on Tiesto's single 'Who Wants To Be Alone' on his latest hit album Kaleidoscope, which dropped back in March of 2009. A music video was made but sadly without Furtado.
    YouTube - TiŽsto feat. Nelly Furtado - Who Wants To Be Alone
    Last edited by JMora; 10-22-2010 at 08:39 AM.

• Banned User

Re: Nelly Furtado

Off from her full-length Spanish album "Mi Plan," which has been out since September of 2009, now comes the English version of the hit track, "Fuerte," to hit the English market. Spanish singer Concha Buika makes a cameo.
    YouTube - Fuerte (Original English Version)!

Also fresh out of the oven....
    YouTube - Nelly Furtado - Night Is Young - Acoustic LIVE [ Walmart Soundcheck]
    Night Is Young, off from her upcoming greatest hits album due this NOV 16th.

• hi!

I've been a fan of Nelly since her first release.. and I've loved her exposure all over the musical spectrum, especially in the hip-hop community.

shes just been featured on the track Hot-n-Fun off of N.E.R.D's latest album 'Nothing', which has been playing non-stop on my speakers since it's leak!
    -plagued

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    I've been a fan of Nelly since her first release.. and I've loved her exposure all over the musical spectrum, especially in the hip-hop community.

shes just been featured on the track Hot-n-Fun off of N.E.R.D's latest album 'Nothing', which has been playing non-stop on my speakers since it's leak!
    Thanks for the tip, I like the member Pharrell Williams of N.E.R.D., and I happen to find the music video. I dig the jam, and Furtado does make an appearance in the music video too. The style of the music reminds me a lot of George Clinton.
    YouTube - N.E.R.D. - Hot-n-Fun (Official Version) ft. Nelly Furtado

• hi!

i absolutely love Nelly's versatility with music. some examples of how she is literally all over the place in the musical spectrum:

YouTube - Michael Buble & Nelly Furtado Quando, Quando, Quando
    Michael Bublť - Quando Quando Quando f. Nelly Furtado - with contemporary crooner michael buble. i love how she adds a nice exotic twist to the song with her voice. before hearing this, i never would have imagined what she would sound like with his voice, but after hearing it, their voices work very well together.

YouTube - Paul Oakenfold ft.Nelly Furtado - The Harder They Come (Robert Vadney Remix) (PROMO)
    Paul Oakenfold - The Harder They Come f. Nelly Furtado - she's been featured on club/electronic genius Paul Oakenfold's track as well. much like the Tiesto track you put up there, her voice, while unique and distinct to her only, works well in providing the haunting overtones to the song. not too overpowering that it's all her, but just enough to give the club banger track a real personality.

YouTube - Thin Line ~ Jurassic 5 and Nelly Furtado
    Jurassic 5 - Thin Line f. Nelly Furtado - Nelly has been featured on many underground hip hop tracks and this is one of my favorites with her. some may argue that Jurassic 5 is/was mainstream by this point, but that is besides the point. her voice features well with this song and... the song itself has a good message about friendship-to-lovers that anyone can relate to.

YouTube - Tomb Raider: Missy Elliot feat Nelly Furtado - Freak on
    Missy Elliot - Get Ur Freak On f. Nelly Furtado - featured on Angelina Jolie's movie, Tomb Raider. one of Nelly's extremely mainstreamed exposures. this is one of my favorite tracks featuring Nelly of all time. what many don't know about her verses in this track is that it was purely freestyled. she simply walked into the studio with Missy Elliot and spit her verse with no previous planning/writing. just did it on the spot.

YouTube - Nelly Furtado's freestyle rap on Skyrock (a French radio)
    Nelly Furtado's Freestyle on a French Radio Station - just another example of Nelly's freestyling rap skills.
    Last edited by plagued; 10-28-2010 at 03:53 PM.
    -plagued

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    i absolutely love Nelly's versatility with music. some examples of how she is literally all over the place in the musical spectrum:
    That's my main appeal about her as well, she's never boring that's for sure. The 'Get Your Freak On' brought back a lot memories for me when I lived in the City (San Francisco), and saw Missy Elliott and Nelly Furtado perform that very mix at The Warfield back 2001 =)

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    That's my main appeal about her as well, she's never boring that's for sure. The 'Get Your Freak On' brought back a lot memories for me when I lived in the City (San Francisco), and saw Missy Elliott and Nelly Furtado perform that very mix at The Warfield back 2001 =)

whaaa! im jealous! i've always wanted to watch Nelly live
    -plagued

• Banned User

Furtdo's fresh new music video...
    YouTube - Nelly Furtado - Night is Young - Official