Thread: Nina Sky

• Banned User

Nina Sky

Wow, it's been a while since we last heard of the NYC native identical twins Nicole and Natalie Albino that call themselves... Nina Sky. Six years in fact, since we last heard from those nice Cipha/R&B sounds from them. You might remember there huge hit, 'Move Ya Body.' There debut album was a success but I thought they were a one hit wonder after a couple of years of no new material. After some bad luck, there label dropped them, and they starting exploring the underground sounds of Paris & NYC. They're back.

Now that there in control of there own sound, there new album 'The Other Side' dropped last August. There new single, 'You Ain't Got It (Funk That)' is a fresh sound, from the French influence sounds to the fun NYC underground sounds of SoHo. It's defiantly a different rhythm from there debut/last album, a huge plus!
    YouTube - Nina Sky - 'You Ain't Got It (Funk That)' Official Video!
    Source: Planet Ill Album Review: Nina Sky-The Other Side

• Banned User

Re: Nina Sky

I love artists who think out of the box (so New York City vibe), and in control of the sound! Nina Sky's new sound is just off the hook, compared to there last aging R&B sound over 5 years ago or any artist today. Just by reading there blog, Nina Sky – Your Favorite Twins, I can't wait for there upcoming tour dates!

There next music video, single release is going to be... 'Too Long To Let Go,' but not til the new year, 2011. Just take a listen here...
    YouTube - NINA SKY- TOO LONG TO LET GO .wmv
    So funky fresh, I just wana get down groove! I highly recommend getting there latest album, The Other Side. I love Nina Sky's new sound, it's beyond the African sound they were forced to do 6 years ago to spreading there Latin beats (they are Puerto Ricans & Latin) + roots of NYC!
    Last edited by JMora; 10-27-2010 at 12:45 PM.