• Circle of Ancients

In Tribute to John Lennon

I can't believe it's been 30 years since we lost the great John Lennon. He is needed now more than ever.

Feel free to post your favorite Lennon songs whether from the Beatles or his solo work.

This one was always a favorite of mine:

• Banned User

Re: In Tribute to John Lennon

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

This is one of my favorites.
    ((J))

YouTube - John Lennon - Watching The Wheels

• Life in the Fastpass Lane

This is an amazing video - "I Met the Walrus":

In 1969, a 14-year-old Beatle fanatic named Jerry Levitan snuck into John Lennon's hotel room in Toronto and convinced him to do an interview. 38 years later, Levitan, director Josh Raskin and illustrators James Braithwaite and Alex Kurina have collaborated to create an animated short film using the original interview recording as the soundtrack. A spellbinding vessel for Lennon's boundless wit and timeless message, I Met the Walrus was nominated for the 2008 Academy Award for Animated Short and won the 2009 Emmy for 'New Approaches' (making it the first film to win an Emmy on behalf of the internet).

• My Own Oasis

His death was one that was just so senseless for someone that wrote songs about peace and love. As a Beatles fan, I can't help but wonder, especially during this time of year on the anniversary of his death, what John would be doing today. Would he still be making music? Would he become more of a private person almost never in the public eye? Would he ever reunite with his band mates? Can't help but wonder what the world might have missed had he lived longer.

A quick Lennon / Disney bit of trivia - John Lennon signed the papers which formally disolved the Beatles in his hotel room at the Polynesian Resort

• Banned User

This video just came out today. I love it!

• Banned User

Speaking of...
    Brad Pitt eyeing John Lennon role?

Friday, January 7 2011, 7:06am ESTBy Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Rex Features

Brad Pitt is allegedly in "secret talks" to play John Lennon in a biopic of the late Beatles star, according to the Daily Express.

The actor, who reportedly wants to produce and act in the feature, is said to have "won over" Lennon's widow Yoko Ono when the pair met recently to discuss the project.

Pitt is supposedly intending to sing Lennon's songs himself instead of using backing tracks.

"Brad already has a writer working on the script. And Yoko has given the project her blessing so long as it's true to John's life," an insider is quoted as saying.

"Brad wants to do all the singing himself and plans to take voice lessons. If he can't pull it off they'll use John's own voice. Brad has also been immersing himself in videos and books so he can get Lennon's mannerisms down pat."

Previous actors to have portrayed Lennon include Ian Hart (The Hours And Times, Backbeat), Aaron Johnson (Nowhere Boy) and Christopher Eccleston (Lennon Naked).