Thread: Britney Spears

• Banned User

Britney Spears

Really surprised she does not have her own topic forum here, till now, lol. Though I may not much be of a Spears follower, I do remember watching her on the Mickey Mouse Club back in the 1990s, and not thinking much of her.

While she may not have the voice but at times ("when she wants to") has proven she can sing nice ballads LIVE, and while she tries to follow the footsteps of her influences (Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson, Madonna), I give her credit for least trying.

I could care less about...

... her crew defiantly made a music candy machine for her but after that huge success. Was she just a one hit wonder? By the time her sophomore effort came along, a fast year later in 2000, the album didn't much stand out other then being a wet & tasty flavor for boys still in puberty...

...but had staying power on the charts.

But when the Britney's junior album dropped the following year in 2001 (her label was milking her out, lol), my ears started to not only like her but Spears seem to be spreading her musical style. When I heard she was working with Rodney "Darkchild" Jerkins, and Pharrell Williams and heard...

...This was the jam, loved the sweaty beats and the lyrics were mature, and had cool wit but the rest of the album was a disappointment. Still, I'm A Slave 4 U is still the most stand out song in Spears career.

While everyone remembers the the very first LIVE performance of I'm A Slave 4 U on MTV Music Awards, which was her Michael Jackson moment, it's this performance I liked more...

Never knew why Bellagio never took advantage of such possibilities. On that same album, I was a sucker for Boys...

... it reminded of 80s girl group, Mary Jane Girls with the same title song.

2003 rolls around with In the Zone, it had more a dance feel, and Spears knew who was her major fan base, the Gay community. Not just that but this album remains the best, and a stepping stone that her songs started having intelligence behind them. I was defiantly into Me Against the Music but it was the club mix that was killer...

...this album also had a standout track, Breathe on Me...

...can tell Kylie Minogue was major influence with that one, and of course...

Another great track, Everytime but again, the club mix was off da ____ hook. Spears seem to hire the best DJ's at the time, example. Scumfrog's Vocal Mix was a major hit at just about every after-hours club all around the world, take a listen and hear why...

Then Spears hit rock bottom in her personal life by the time the album Blackout dropped in 2007, and it showed many signs of WTF? Not just in her songs but Gimme More, which had great potential (it is a great dance song), but her performances showed something was wrong with her. Even her music videos had no effort, and were boring to watch.

Then came along this hilarious parody...

Though Piece of Me was the best track from the whole disappointing album...

...still, by the looks of her in the video, she seemed bored, lol.

Hard to believe she got her act back together in just a year with Circus in 2008. While I give it a mediocre listen, Womanizer was defiantly the track to prove she's not going anywhere! Plus having male model Brandon Stoughton in the music video was a big plus.

And why is it that the songs that obviously have more substance never get airplay? Much less, concert time? I'm talking Unusual You, while it never got the single treatment nor a music video, and she didn't even perform it on her last world tour. This was my favorite of the entire album...

It's 2011, if you haven't heard, she's dropping a new song on the radio next Tuesday. A demo version of Britney Spears' new single, Hold It Against Me, hit the Web.

These are not Britney’s vocals and I’m sure that the finished version with Brit’s vocals will be 100% better, but this sounds like it has the potential to be the comeback that Ms. Spears has been waiting for! In response to the leaked demo, Spears promises a superior version, and the music video will be something to watch.

PS
    Here's Spears singing Telephone

Lady Gaga wrote it for Spears but Spears didn't like it, and the rest is all history!!!
    Last edited by JMora; 01-07-2011 at 03:48 PM.

• Banned User

Re: Britney Spears

Watch out, Spears still has music power!!!
    Britney Spears - Britney Spears' New Track Looks Set To Storm The Billboard Hot 100

Britney Spears' first single from her next album 'Hold It Against Me' is predicted to make a record-breaking debut this week.

Britney Spears' latest track is predicted to storm the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

The singer's new tune 'Hold it Against Me' has already broken records this week with 4,071 plays - the highest detections total by a debuting title in the chart's 18-year history.

Her first single from her forthcoming ninth album ties with Madonna's 'Frozen' for second-highest launch in the list's archives.

The track received airplay on all 130 reporting stations in the chart's tracking week (10.01.11 to 16.01.11) which translates to 36.4 million listener impressions.

Last week the 29-year-old star's track was praised by none other but current teen pop sensation Miley Cyrus, who said she was "obsessed" with Britney's new music.

She wrote on her official website: "Oh Em Gee! Just got the new Britney Spears song on iTunes hold it against me! It is my new jam! Obsessed! Can't quit dancing on set! Go check it! (sic)"

-Contactmusic