Thread: Coachella 2011

• Banned User

Coachella 2011

Besides Kanye West the line-up for 2011 is very multifarious, and seems more dance-electric this year. The Chemical Brothers on Friday is a must for me. With The Black Swan becoming a big hit, they have made 'Don't Think' a major number on there playlist lately at music festivals around the world.

As you can witness, the crowd as fallen into there own 'Black Swan' persona, especially at the 3:36 mark of this very video below, WOW!

Should be noted that the Chemical Brothers made the song for The Black Swan, and at the time of production, it was dubbed "The Nina Frequency."

Coachella

I'm still pondering why Lauryn Hill is making a fool of herself by singing still, her last gig in NYC a couple of months ago, she was booed off stage after being over an hour late, and singing as if she was on something.

Coachella from last year...

Last edited by JMora; 01-26-2011 at 02:54 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Coachella 2011

If I could tolerate festival shows, I'd go for Duran Duran, The National, Jimmy Eat World, Neon Trees, Cee Lo Green, Chemical Brothers...

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Great lineup again.
    Fight On! Beat the Utes!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Coronus, The Terminator

I'd kill to see Crystal Castles, Cut Copy, The Twelves, Arcade Fire, The Chemical Brothers, Animal Collective, and you seriously can't go wrong with Duran Duran. I'll start my fund for Coachella 10 years from now
    California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

• Banned User

LIVE 24hr web-broadcast of COACHELLA happening NOW! Kane West performing at 10:30pm (Pacific), Duran Duran at 10:45pm, & the Chemical Brothers (TBA)
    http://www.youtube.com/coachella

It's the last night, i kicked off on Friday.

Here's the Chemical Bros performance from Friday...

Since most are still taking in the night, more vids will pop up in the coming dayz.

Those who are attended(ing), I f____ envy you. This year, most of the stages were designed by 'The Creators Project.' That will bring a hot new—mix of social, the artistic and the scientific that will give a visual orgasmic experience. Think, falling into the music matrix. Each stage will be unique, and be a 3D Rubik's Cube-like installation of LED lights and surround sound. Some stages will even transform before your very eyes. The Chemical Brothers, which will be there, will make great use of this new stage technology.

Last edited by JMora; 04-17-2011 at 08:04 PM.

• Banned User

Can't believe you glossed over the fact that Lauryn Hill was scheduled for Friday. Hopefully she showed, but It's so rare that she's performing anywhere these days that to not even mention it is criminal.

As it was, I understand the festival was sold out.

I was also glad to see Nas & Damian Marley were scheduled. I found that somebody posted video of their entire 40 minute set online. Great show!

I was glad to see the LA Times had some decent coverage of the festival.

Coachella 2011: The year the kids took over - latimes.com

Coachella 2011: Ready or not, Lauryn Hill commands the stage | Pop & Hiss | Los Angeles Times

Coachella 2011: Nas and Damien Marley make a smokin' tag team | Pop & Hiss | Los Angeles Times

Also found someone posted Ms. Lauryn Hill's 37 minute set online, but I can't post the whole thing, so here's a couple clips:

Last edited by Retrocool; 04-18-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added video

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Can't believe you glossed over the fact that Lauryn Hill was scheduled for Friday. Hopefully she showed, but It's so rare that she's performing anywhere these days that to not even mention it is criminal.

As it was, I understand the festival was sold out.

I was also glad to see Nas & Damian Marley were scheduled. I found that somebody posted video of their entire 40 minute set online. Great show!

I was glad to see the LA Times had some decent coverage of the festival.
    I knew bout' Hill but knowing she hasn't really made any new matertal, that mainstream ears have heard, I was pleased to see she wasn't 'out-of-it' =) The fest was sold out months ago, and security getting tighter every year.

Some of my favs...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    I knew bout' Hill but knowing she hasn't really made any new matertal, that mainstream ears have heard, I was pleased to see she wasn't 'out-of-it' =) The fest was sold out months ago, and security getting tighter every year.
    Yeah, she hasn't made any new material in years, but given her overall secluded status, any public performance by her is welcome. Yes, I heard about the one a few years back where she seemed pretty loaded, and that wasn't good, but this time around was pretty nice. Obviously I'm hoping she does some new stuff sometime soon, but you know how it can be with creative folks and the Muse....

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    *double take* I must've overlooked seeing Badu in the listing for the second day! She's a favorite of mine also.

• Mrs. J. Depp

I would have given anything to have been there for Friday and Saturday!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

i haven't been around for a bit primarily due to Coachella and Stagecoach picture overload. i created a set of Random Coachella 2011 Pictures. i have been to every day of every year and 2011 was the best. If you are contemplating going in 2012, start saving the pennies and get tickets right when the layaway option is available. Coachella is at the point where it will sell out fast regardless of line up.

And if you're curious about Stagecoach: Random Stagecoach 2011 Pictures.