• Banned User

Electric Daisy Carnival - LA (No More)

For clubbers, electronic, trance lovers in Southern California. I'm sure you heard that Electric Daisy Carnival Los Angeles (Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) will be no more, it has moved to Sin City, Las Vegas.

EDC 2011 Moved From Los Angeles To Las Vegas

February 24, 2011 By Griff View Comments

How many times have we said that Las Vegas is about to explode and become one of the biggest house music scenes in America? Just announced moments ago, the biggest electronic music festival of the west coast, almost rivaling the popularity of Ultra Music Festival, Electric Daisy Carnival will now be held in Las Vegas this summer rather than Los Angeles. This is breaking news as thousands of Los Angeles house lovers will not have EDC in their hometown this year. House heads and festival creatures alike now will have to trek it 4 hours across the hot desert to good old Sin City. Since Vegas has plenty of money to successfully put on a production for hundreds of thousands of people, I think EDC this summer will be the biggest of all time.

I wonder how this will change the atmosphere of EDC this summer. Last summer it was one the most attended festival ever in the US. There were plenty of scantily-clad women and oddly dressed ravers bobbing heads in a tightly packed stadium for the Swedish House Mafia’s appearance. Now that it’s moving to Vegas, there will surely be a different crowd. Much more money and much more older people I would expect. It should be interesting to see it all unfold.. Look at Kaskade’s reaction on twitter:
    So EDC moves to Las Vegas. I guess @insomniac did not pay off the right people. Politicians can suck it!!!
    So where in Sin City will it be held?

Club News: March 2, 2011 Posted by Glenn in Electric Daisy Carnival, Events, News

EDC 2011 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway
    After much speculation on where the 2011 Electric Daisy Carnival would be held, Insomniac announced that they would be hosting the 15th annual EDC in Las Vegas on February 24th. As one of the top music festivals in the world and probably the largest on the west coast, Insomniac and EDC had to find a place to hold this huge event. And they've found one. EDC 2011 will be held at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway!

The Las Vegas Motor Speedway is in Clark County, Nevada, and is 1,200 acres with multiple tracks! The Motor Speedway has enough seating for roughly 142,000 people versus 75,000 at the Coliseum. This is the largest venue yet since EDC's 15 year stunt which includes venues such as The National Orange Show Events Center in San Beernardino, Queen Mary Events Park in Long Beach, Lake Dolores Waterpark in Mark Lapro Barstow, Hansen Dam in Sylmar, and the International Agr-Center in Tulare.

Even though this will be the largest venue to date, I still don't know if the event will bring more people. However, since it's next to more surrounding states, I believe it will. But, It's Vegas and Vegas is expensive. Los Angeles party goers will have to fork out a lot more money than what they originally had to when EDC was held at the Coliseum. I just hope Insomniac provides buses to and from the event.
    [Source: Examiner]
    Deadmaus 5 was at EDC (Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) last year...

2011 line-up & tickets have not be announced, yet.
    http://www.electricdaisycarnival.com/
    Last edited by JMora; 03-08-2011 at 01:36 AM.