When the change was made uptown
    And the Big Man joined the band
    From the coastline to the city
    All the little pretties raise their hands
    I'm gonna sit back right easy and laugh
    When Scooter and the Big Man bust this city in half
    With a Tenth Avenue freeze-out, Tenth Avenue freeze-out
    Tenth Avenue freeze-out...

So, so sad. But thankful for the many, many shows and the terrific visit we had back one afternoon at the historic Columbia Square in Hollywood while promoting "You're A Friend Of Mine." It left me with a some signed records, a wonderful photo of us and lifelong memories. Rest in Peace Big Man.

It is with overwhelming sadness that we inform our friends and fans that at 7:00 tonight, Saturday, June 18, our beloved friend and bandmate, Clarence Clemons passed away. The cause was complications from his stroke of last Sunday, June 12th.

Bruce Springsteen said of Clarence: Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years. He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band.

Bruce Springsteen News: brucespringsteen.net

Following the death of the legendary saxophone player, friends and fans take to the Internet to share their grief and memories.

Celebrities across all fields and sectors are paying tribute to legendary saxophone player Clarence Clemons, who died Saturday of a stroke at 69.

Most of them took to Twitter to share their favorite memories of Clemons, whose larger-than-life personality and talent spanned across generations.

Jesse Dylan, son of musician Bob Dylan, honored Clemons' contributions to Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band by tweeting a video of Clemons talking about meeting Springsteen for the first time. "A beautiful recollection," Dylan said.
    CBS News correspondent Dan Raviv highlighted his favorite moment from the Springsteen-Clemons collaboration. "Pained that #Clarence Clemons has died. Listen to the Big Man play on Bruce's "Rosalita" etc etc. Sad. Remember the joy."

SNL's Seth Meyers also recalled his fondest memory of Clemons' musical career: "RIP Clarence Clemons. I'll never forget when the change was made uptown and the big man joined the band."

Filmmaker Michael Moore took a more intimate approach to his mourning. "RIP Clarence Clemons. So many yrs of bringing joy 2 so many of us," he tweeted. "In 94 I spent a day cruising round NJ w/ him. Unforgettable."

Gayle King, editor of The Oprah Magazine and host of The Gayle King Show, also shared a personal memory on Twitter. "So sorry to hear about clarence clemons we became pals after I intvued him last year thinking about his lovely wife victoria tonite," she wrote.

Added actor Rob Lowe, "Clarence Clemons was an electric, generous, sweet spirit. Taught me how to look cool with a sax. Goodbye Big Man #Legendary"

David Remnick at the New Yorker remembered Clemons' unique, soulful sound, calling him "an entirely sublime band member, an absolutely essential, and soulful, ingredient in both the sound of Springsteen and the spirit of the group."

Remnick followed up by listing his favorite performances of Clemons', which include the Springsteen-led E Street Band's 1975 concert at Hammersmith Odeon and their show at the Capitol Theater in September 1978.

Singers and songwriters in particular held the musical icon in fond remembrance.

"My heart goes out to Clarence Clemons and his family, friends, bandmates, and fans. RIP Clarence," wrote American Idol alum David Cook.

Singer Janet Jackson tweeted, "Clarence Clemons was a wonderful talent. He will be on my mind tonight."

Former Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello wrote, "Thank you so much Big Man for sweetening the sound of our planet with your sax and your soul."
    Clarence Clemons: Hollywood Pays Tribute on Twitter - The Hollywood Reporter
    Last edited by ALIASd; 06-20-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006