• Banned User

Anaheim's favorite band, NO DOUBT, new album almost done!!!

About freaking time!
    "No Doubt” Album Almost Completed

Yes, it really has been a decade since So Cal’s ska/reggae influenced pop punkers No Doubt have released an album, a fact that causes singer Gwen Stefani to bristle when people remind her.
    The blonde bombshell singer (and fashion mogul) likes to remind people that the No Doubters have filled their time with noble pursuits in the past 10 years, telling Rolling Stone that “marriages, babies and, for me, two records and two clothing lines. So if you really worked out the math, you’d be like, ‘Wow, you guys are going fast.’” Besides Stefani’s full plate, drummer Adrian Young performed with Maroon 5 and Scott Weiland, while other members went on to do production work. So it’s not like they were, you know, sitting by idly on their rumps while Stefani went wild with other endeavors.
    No Doubt’s sixth album is about two months away from being finished and it is currently untitled. But the band did offer the mag a taste of a handful of songs with titles like ‘Settle Down’ and ‘One More Summer,’ which are reportedly true to form and represent No Doubt’s signature sound.
    Stefani, who set the solo world ablaze with two albums (including the mega blockbuster

‘Love.Angel.Music.Baby,’ which yielded the anti-cheerleader anthem ‘Hollaback Girl’) is adamant about one thing. While her “girl side and theatrical side” informed the solo efforts, she’s back with No Doubt and the glamazon affirms that she’s now “heels off.” We love it when she rocks tri-color sneakers.
    Here’s the timeline that No Doubt have been adhering to with Album Six: They started writing in 2008, when the Hollaback Girl was pregnant with her second son, but she felt creatively drained and had writer’s block. So, they toured in 2009. At the end of that year, they got together again to write, and it felt, well, right. “I had gone on my tortured journey of working with outside songwriters,” Stefani said. “I would throw up if someone made me do that again.”

Jeez, sounds like despite the massive success she achieved on the solo end, it was b-a-n-a-n-a-s for Stefani, and she feels good about the reconvene with her Orange County bros. They worked on the tunes through 2010 and have been recording them this year.

“It’s so exciting to have a record coming out,” Stefani said, clearly not feeling like she has to throw up anymore. “And we all want the same thing: For it to be modern and catchy and addictive. Once you make music that connects with people, it’s like you taste blood — you can’t go back.”
    Source: News & Videos: "No Doubt" Album Almost Completed | MusicBoxMix

No Doubt Nearly Finished Recording New Album

• Posted Jun 29 2011 by Irene Test
    • After writing 10 songs and recording for nearly two years, No Doubt is putting the final touches on a new album, their first in a decade.

It’s been 10 years, but No Doubt is finally putting out another album. During the time the ska band seemingly fell off the musical landscape, singer Gwen Stefani recorded two solo records (Love. Angel. Music. Baby. and The Sweet Escape) and started two fashion lines, while her bandmates toured or did session work with other acts.

Earlier in June, Stefani promised that her solo stint as a pop star (“Hollaback Girl,” yodeling) was through and No Doubt was her true calling. In a recent Rolling Stones interview, Stefani mentioned about working with her old bandmates: "I had gone on my tortured journey of working with outside songwriters. I would throw up if someone made me do that again." She also stated: "It's so exciting to have a record coming out. And we all want the same thing: for it to be modern and catchy and addictive. Once you make music that connects with people, it's like you taste blood — you can't go back."

Although the album is expected to be finished in roughly two months, the path to the present state has been long. Recording and songwriting began back in 2008 but was interrupted by Stefani’s second pregnancy. The band, instead, opted to go on a world tour, which grossed $34 million, and proper recording began in November 2009.

By early 2011, 10 songs had been written. At the time, guitarist Tom Dumon wrote on Twitter: "Holidays over. 2010 done. 10 new songs written. No Doubt's 2011 New Years resolution: to record our new album... beginning TODAY!"

Working with producer Mark Stent (Madonna) and recording in his Santa Monica studio, No Doubt is presently putting the final touches on the 10 tracks. About the recording process, Stefani stated back in February: "We've been doing a record all year; ten songs have been recorded. When this [new collection for fashion label L.A.M.B.] is done I'll probably write a few more songs. I don't know when it'll come out, but you never know what can happen.

"My band takes a weird process as well. It takes so long. And all of them just had babies, so it'll be a while."

Although it appears that the album will wrap up by the end of the summer, it still has no release date and no title. Tracks for the release are expected to include “One More Summer” and “Settle Down.” The band, however, has not mentioned any supporting tour as of yet.
    Did you know Gwen Stefani is related to Madonna? How? They are third cousins.

• Banned User

Re: Anaheim's favorite band, NO DOUBT, new album almost done!!!

No Doubt should be named the official house band of Disneyland. If any band ever deserved to be heard live at the Tomorrowland Terrace, it's No Doubt. Besides, Gwen went to Loara High School and Tony went to Anaheim High School. I don't know how much more local you can get than that. They are, without question, the most quintessentially Orange County band ever.

Looking forward to the new album. Good Lord, has it really been 10 years already? TOO LONG! But they will always be welcome in my music collection.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    No Doubt should be named the official house band of Disneyland. If any band ever deserved to be heard live at the Tomorrowland Terrace, it's No Doubt. Besides, Gwen went to Loara High School and Tony went to Anaheim High School. I don't know how much more local you can get than that. They are, without question, the most quintessentially Orange County band ever.

Looking forward to the new album. Good Lord, has it really been 10 years already? TOO LONG! But they will always be welcome in my music collection.
    I know No Doubt played in Disneyland at least once, wasn't like back in June of 1995 for Grad Night?

• Banned User

I did a little Googling and you may be right. Apparently they performed at Disneyland for 2 or 3 Grad Nights that month, including 6-15-1995. Apparently they played "on a stage in front of It's A Small World," which I'm guessing would be the old Fantasyland Theater.