Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Amy Winehouse found dead

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    OK, look, calm down. I'm not attempting to censor you or anyone else. All I was doing was attempting to explain someone else's viewpoint. Sorry you didn't dig the way I expressed it. Please, wipe your tears and breathe in & out. Put the phone down. Your lawyer does not need to be contacted in this situation. Relax.

Apparently, you feel entitled in passing judgment upon someone else, someone you don't even know personally. Well, OK, I guess that JMora & I can't persuade you to consider NOT passing judgment on others. You're bound and determined to pass judgment on others, no matter who you hurt or offend. I can only assume, then, that you feel as though you are 100% perfect and free from blemish as a human being. If this is in fact true, it would be quite remarkable indeed. Personally, I'm dubious.

I just wonder if you realize that if you pass judgment on others, others will also, equally or unequally, pass judgment upon you. I hope you're OK with that.

As to you being "entitled to your opinion" - opinions are like anuses. Everyone has one. I guess if you're entitled to your opinion, that means you're entitled to your anus (whatever that means). Which then begs the question - are you also entitled to show your anus to everyone, whether everyone wants to see it or not? If someone is offended by you showing your anus, is it still appropriate, or even good etiquette, to insist on showing it anyway?

Does it make you feel good to pass judgment on someone who is dead? Does it make you feel superior to pass judgment on someone who has an addiction? Maybe one day, you'll realize the truth.
    Whoa… hit the brakes, Retro. I NEVER passed judgment on Winehouse or anyone else with addiction. I am actually quite sympathetic to their struggles. Unless you would like to show me where I passed judgment on anyone with addiction, I’d prefer it if you would refrain from asserting that I said something which I never did. The fact that you wouldn't take the time to read what I actually said gives me serious doubt that you would take the time to consider my opinion anyways... so I'm kind of glad I didn't waste my time giving it to you on the subject in the first place.

All I was doing was simply defending fellow posters rights when it comes to posting their opinion here. Something which is apparently lost on you given the above rant comparing anuses to opinions… which, I must say, is the strangest follow up I have ever seen to someone suggesting that another individual needs to “calm down” and “relax”.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyDanger View Post
    All I was doing was simply defending fellow posters rights when it comes to posting their opinion here.
    Never said anyone didn't have a right to voice their opinion. Non-issue. End of discussion. Thanks for playing!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Retrocool View Post
    Never said anyone didn't have a right to voice their opinion. Non-issue. End of discussion. Thanks for playing!
    Yeah... you're right. You just compared doing so to indecent exposure. My apologies.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    Dr. Drew says Winehouse reached out to him - Entertainment - Celebrities - TODAY.com

And hers is a tragic story. She really could have been one of the Greats. When she opened for the Rolling Stones across Europe a few years back before she was really known, Mick Jagger said she was one of the greatest talents he had ever witnessed.
    She could have been. but drugs and alcohol combo did her in... this is just an example i will show my kids what not to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12