Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Bangarang!

Re: Newsies Coming to Broadway March 2012!

Doesn't bother me that they altered lyrics. It is after all a musical based on the film.
    It's a little surprising at first if you're familiar with the original lyrics - minor things such as replacing "Since when did you become my mother?" with "I think I'll surprise my mother" in Carrying the Banner, but they all fit in well, its not like they have tried to force in anything modern for the sake of it.

I had no problem with Mary Poppins either, I do recall them stating that they needed to make alterations from the film version so it would have a better structure for the West End. Its not like they went in and just pulled things out of thin air, if I remember right Miss Andrews was in one of the other Poppins books, so just like the film, they are taking inspiration from the works of P.L. Travers.

Back to Newsies, I actually love some of the rearranging they've done. By the sounds of it, they have made a greater emphasis on the friendship between Jack and Crutchie (Santa Fe Prologue) which adds more to the story than the film did. ie. the lines where Jack is telling Crutchie he may walk properly out West. And the sentiment of the original Santa Fe is kept in the reprise. Not an easy balance to achieve.

Overall I think they've done an outstanding job with the show as a whole. I really do hope it goes international.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Bangarang!

Hope its ok to share this. (Clean save for one brief gesture). The cast of the national tour of The Addams Family Musical have done a parody of Newsies' Seize the Day.

Bein' Part of Newsies.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Disney + Menken fan

AWESOME! Really nice to see show interact rather than just be like: "This show is the best show, my best part ever blabla no other shows exist" If only the Newsies cast would response in a similar video
    "Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

• Bangarang!

^I hope they do do a response. We'll have to wait and see, can't imagine its easy to arrange something like that.

I love the line "Why'd Menken cut your part?" And I have to say, its made me want to see the Addams Family show now.

Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12