I'm on Screen Archives mailing list and last week or so got an email about this new CD release. It's a 2-disc set limited to 1200 copies with the subtitle "Very Very Special Special Edition". According to their site, there were two previous CD releases, so to plus out this release, they added the songs from an LP I'd never heard of, "The Song and Picture Book Album," featuring songs sung by Richard Sherman plus a second disc of song demos by Richard Sherman and the playback tracks used on the set while filming for the cast to lipsynch to.

CHITTY CHITTY BANG BANG (2 CD /1200 EDITION / LIMIT ONE PER CUSTOMER) -- SCREEN ARCHIVES ENTERTAINMENT

I got mine in the mail yesterday and have been playing disc 1 so far. Never having owned any version of the soundtrack before, it's great to finally own one. But now that I've reached the Song and Picture Book songs, I think I really found some special recordings. They're very of-the-era, like all those other 60's albums recorded by chorus and popular soft pop bandleader, but featuring lead vocals by Richard Sherman! Very nostalgic for anyone over 40 who grew up hearing that kind of music in their homes. It's a nice find. So, I thought I'd share the news here for other Disney/Sherman Brothers/soundtrack fans to consider.