Anyone ever been to Cirque du Soleil Iris?

Sorry but i know NOTHING about this and this is why I am going. I have a good idea what to expect but I'm curious as to wither anyone's seem it yet?

Im getting free tickets and hope it will be as good as Ive heard the shows are.

• Functional & Decorative

Re: Anyone ever been to Cirque du Soleil Iris?

I just saw it at the end of last October. While it has some flaws, overall, I think it was one of the best Cirque shows aside from O (I've seen Mystere, O, Allegria, and Quidam--or however you spell them all).

I have to admit, I was a bit nervous to see this... I feel Cirque, once you've seen a few shows, gets predictable. But this one has some unique (for Cirque) elements. Of course, if you have never seen a Cirque show, this will amaze you.

They use a lot of multi-media effects, and there is a very good sense of continuity... the show doesn't feel choppy. There's some good dance sequences. The major "film strip" dance sequence towards the end of the first act is brilliant, a major highlight. That said, the show never quite ends up topping that, although a very strong, extended opening to the second act comes close. Ultimately, though I felt the ending of the show was quite weak by comparison. There's sort of a romantic storyline which is never as clear as it should be, but the storyline is not really the main point of the show in the first place.

I was a bit disappointed with the music. With Danny Elfman at the helm, I thought it could have been more interesting. It's not bad, but nothing really stands out in it.

All that said, the parts that work really, really work. I would actually go see it again. I'd also recommend seats in the orchestra, there's quite a bit of audience interaction there, especially before the show actually starts.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?