• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

Other bands Disney could look into for an animated feature

I know I am gonna get a lot of flack for this but here it goes.

I've been watching Lilo and Stitch every night for the last few weeks, and I thought that with them looking into Elvis Presley's catalog, they could look into the catalogs of other big and popular bands.

A few suggestions:

The Beatles- Universal and very appealing to Disney
    The Who- A long shot but it seems they could try
    The Beach Boys- Come on? Fun fun fun?
    Foo Fighters- A BIG long shot but many of thier songs have kind of an archetype Disney feel- "Learn to Fly," "Everlong"

your thoughts.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Other bands Disney could look into for an animated feature

The Beatles would be a long shot. They (Apple Corps) are VERY protective of how their music is used. I'm not saying it's impossible, but more likely improbable.

The Beach Boys would probably be your best bet. The Who and Foo Fighters just don't seem to fit with the Disney "image".

• Element of Laughter

I like the idea of using the Beatles music for an animated feature(wasn't Disney at one time working on a remake of Yellow Submarine?), perhaps an animated feature based on the Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album(and NOT an animated remake of the 1978 movie). . .
    Another band whose music I would like to see used in an animated feature would be KISS. Yeah, I know, most of their music would definitely NOT fit in with the Disney image like a square peg fits in a round hole, but an animated feature based on their 1981 concept album Music from "The Elder" would have possibilities.

Last edited by PinkiePieFan; 04-11-2012 at 01:07 PM.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

Ah...how about bringing back original music scores to lead the story? How about bringing in Mr. Robert Sherman (if he's still choosing to work with Disney after his brothers death) or someone who has that level of real timeless talent? I dis-like listening to and looking at "music video" type sequences in the newer animated feature movies. Walt Disney Pictures can do better than that, in my humble opinion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I know I am gonna get a lot of flack for this but here it goes.

I've been watching Lilo and Stitch every night for the last few weeks, and I thought that with them looking into Elvis Presley's catalog, they could look into the catalogs of other big and popular bands.

A few suggestions:

The Beatles- Universal and very appealing to Disney
    The Who- A long shot but it seems they could try
    The Beach Boys- Come on? Fun fun fun?
    Foo Fighters- A BIG long shot but many of thier songs have kind of an archetype Disney feel- "Learn to Fly," "Everlong"

your thoughts.

• Banned User

I'd go with the Beach Boys, for a lot of reasons -

1. Both Disney and the Beach Boys have roots in Southern California.
    2. Both are roughly of the same time era, i.e., mid-20th Century.
    3. Both are relatively light-hearted and don't have a history of presenting "heavy" topics.
    4. Both are innovators in their fields.
    5. Both are popular with multiple generations.
    6. They have a history together (the Beach Boys appeared in the 1965 Disney film The Monkey's Uncle).

• Christmastime for Rocker

Blog Entries

The reason I chose the Foo Fighters is because I kicked around the idea of using them for a while. Disney has actually dealt with very serious issues before such as Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan, Dumbo, Lilo and Stitch, Pinocchio.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The Beatles would be a long shot. They (Apple Corps) are VERY protective of how their music is used. I'm not saying it's impossible, but more likely improbable.

The Beach Boys would probably be your best bet. The Who and Foo Fighters just don't seem to fit with the Disney "image".
    An animated remake of the Beatles "The Yellow Submarine" still ongoing with a release date sometime in 2014. The Beatles being reprised by Cary Elwes as George, Peter Serafinowicz as Paul, Adam Campbell as Ringo, and Dean Lennox Kelly as John with the director being Robert Zemeckis.

What it won't be is a Walt Disney film. It was kicked loose by that studio this year for the project to be shopped around the other studios in Hollywood.

We often criticize the Walt Disney Company for the decisions it makes, but kicking this one loose seems to be one of their better decisions. Now watch for the film to become a big hit for whoever picks it up.