It's no mystery that my favorite all-time band is Rush. It's also no mystery that my favorite band (and many others artists and producers) have been long neglected by the often maligned Hall of Fame. In addition to Rush there were long overdo inductions for Heart, Randy Newman, Albert King, Producer Lou Adler, Donna Summer and a head-scratching induction for Quincy Jones who should have easily been in decades ago. Rounding out the list was the great Public Enemy who is absolutely deserving (IMO) but their induction wasn't as long coming as the others honored this week.

Sadly the no camera policy was strictly in play and I had to check my camera. So all of these pictures are from my iPhone.

Some thoughts on the overall night. Epic. Plain and simple. As not just a fan of Rush but a fan of music in general seeing so many artists (not just the inductees) that I've grown up with was really awesome. If you ever get a chance to go to one of these induction concerts I highly recommend it. From what I understand it's going to continue to rotate between NY, LA and Cleveland where the Rock Hall is.

I wasn't going to go until the day before I found a $50 ticket. Good thing about Nokia in LA is there isn't a bad seat. I was in the last row. The VERY last row. But as you'll see below, the seats were actually not bad still.

Welcome to the 2013 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony

Hello from the party row, otherwise known as the back row

I mean THE BACK ROW. That's a wall behind me.

Jann Wenner doing his opening speech. He received a less than favorable ovation from the crowd which was largely Rush fans.

The show opened with Randy Newman's induction and him singing "I Love LA". Joining Randy on stage were Tom Petty, Jackson Browne and John Fogerty.

Next up was Lou Adlers induction by Cheech and Chong. Lou Adler is a fantastic producer. As he put it during his speech he's better known as "The guy with the white hat and beard that sits next to Jack Nicholson" (at Lakers games)

Carole King sang "So Far Away" as part of Lou's induction. I remember growing up with Carole King thanks to my Mom. I hated it at the time but I've grown to appreciate the music she introduced me to. It was truly a great moment.

Next John Mayer inducted Albert King who was LONG overdo for this honor

After Albert King's induction Donna Summer got her induction. This was another artist introduced to me by my Mom. I was never a fan per-se but I certainly appreciated her talent. Jennifer Hudson sang as part of her induction.

Up next was Quincy Jones induction. I honestly thought he was getting some kind of lifetime achievement award or something and not his initial induction into the HoF. This is obviously an induction that was LONG overdo.

Oprah inducting Quincy. "You get an induction, You get an induction!!!" Sadly there was nothing under our seats.

Usher singing "Rock with You" as part of Quincy's induction

Spike Lee inducting Public Enemy

FLAVA FLAVE ... who actually owes me $40 now. As he can, his speech just rambled on with no point for probably 20 minutes. This in-turn caused me to miss the last train of the night and had to spend $40 on a cab back to my car.

Public Enemy performing. Sadly, Anthrax didn't come out and play Bring The Noise with them

Chris Cornell of Soundgarden inducting Heart

Heart performing with Chris Cornell and Jerry Cantrell of Alice in Chains

Last but not least, Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins from Foo Fighters inducting Rush

Geddy Lee from Rush

I wish I had gotten video of it, but Alex Lifeson of Rush gave what was probably the greatest speech ever. Rush fans will know Alex's sense of humor and they "got it". I don't think the rest of the room did.

I got video of Dave, Taylor and Nate from Foo Fighters playing 2112 in full wigs and kimonos. Sadly my phone ran out of space before the end of Overture.
[youtu_be]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0E8fiM2sCU&feature=share&list=UUkC8JUOVbU m6nXclKQZ54fA[/youtu_be]

Rush performed Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio

The Final Jam. Rush, Heart, Public Enemy, John Mayer, Foo Fighters, John Fogerty, Gary Clark Jr, Chris Cornell, Jerry Cantrell, Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine) playing Crossroads

Truly an epic night. So glad I got the chance to go. Hope you all enjoyed reading about it.