Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• I was deleted.

Re: 'Legally Blonde' on Broadway

I've been seeing advertisements for this show for months on visits to yoyo and I have to admit... I really want to see it. Heh, it's on my list! (Only thing is I have a long list... Beauty, Ave Q, Jersey Boys...)

• All you need is LOVE

how nuts

• Banned User

hubby read some of the reviews in the times and apparently the critics liked the show but felt the actress that played the lead tried to much to be another reese. but otherwise the show is being very well received. but 112 for an orchestra ticket???? I remember when the top seats ran 15-20 for a weekend show many many years ago.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    It Preveiwed here in San Francisco, Sold Out performances, and exellent reveiws.

Maybe because i didnt see it it will do great! I didn't see 'Wicked' either! Both Hits.

I did see "Lennon" and "Lestat"--- Both Flops.
    LOL Same is true for my mom and I. I get free tickets fairly sporadically, and my mom was hoping for tickets to this, but I didn't get any. However, we saw both High Fidelity, which closed a week after it opened, and The Pirate Queen, which is rumored to be closing soon. So, maybe it's a good thing we haven't seen it yet....

And for the record, we liked both High Fidelity and Pirate Queen.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Legally Blonde' hits milestone

Musical joins Broadway millionaire’s club

Pic-based tuner 'Legally Blonde' earned its spot in the millionaire's club,
    banking $1,003,282 and topping its B.O. perf from last week.

By Sam Thielman
    Variety
    June 26, 2007

“Legally Blonde” pledged an exclusive sorority this week: the Broadway millionaire’s club. The film-based tuner earned $1,003,282 in week 4, topping its box office performance last week and coasting past the $1 million mark for the first time since it opened April 29.

Reps for the bubbly pop tuner say the core audience of mothers and daughters was instrumental in helping the show establish its footing on Broadway but a broader cross-section has been steadily pumping its grosses.

Tony acclaim for lead actor Frank Langella continued to buoy “Frost/Nixon,” which also had its best week to date, grossing $551,713), while lack of top-tier awards hasn’t hurt “Mary Poppins.” The Disney-Cameron Mackintosh co-production continued to play to capacity, with a haul of $1,213,951.

Elsewhere in the top 10, the Broadway panorama remained largely unchanged. One of four shows playing to 100%, along with “The Lion King,” “Jersey Boys” and “Poppins,” “Wicked” continues to lead the pack with a gross of $1,445,474.

“Spring Awakening” appears to have crested after last week’s $80,000 jump -- its box office closed slightly less than last week at a still strong $721,071, regis-tering 98.5% capacity.

A number of shows clocked jumps as their announced closing dates draw nearer.

The abrupt two weeks’ notice given Friday by Disney’s “Tarzan” may have been responsible for a 17% boost and a hike of close to $90,000, bringing the week’s total to $605,781. With a cume to date after a little more than a year on the boards of $ 41.4 million, the tuner reps a rare miss for the Mouse.

“Radio Golf” and “Company” both saw upswings in their box office as final perfs approach on July 1, while “Talk Radio” took in a full $95,820 more in its closing week, climbing by 43% to $319,853. The one-week extension of “LoveMusik” didn’t seem to help the Kurt Weill-Lotte Lenya biotuner much; the show’s receipts dropped $69,072 before its closing on June 24.

Word of mouth on “Xanadu” continues to boost the screen-to-stage spoof in previews, providing a jolt of nearly $22,000 and upping capacity to 80%. The mu-sical has delayed its opening to July 10.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=15&cs=1
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Legally Blonde the Musical Cast Performance and Signing

Come see the cast of Legally Blonde the Musical!!!

July 17th @ 5:00pm
    Virgin Megastore Times Square
    1540 Broadway

The cast of the hit Broadway show Legally Blonde will be performing and signing copies of the new cast recording on Tuesday July 17th at 5:00PM.

Purchase the new CD at the Times Square location only to receive a wristband to this special performance & signing. Time & Space are Limited

• Rarely has a point

Blog Entries

Itunes is giving away the song "Omigod you guys" from the show this week

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

"Omigod You Guys":
    MTV May Broadcast Legally Blonde: The Musical

By Andrew Gans
    Playbill
    05 Sep 2007

Laura Bell Bundy in Legally Blonde.
    photo by Paul Kolnik
    MTV will likely broadcast a performance of the new musical Legally Blonde, which is based on the hit film of the same name, the New York Post reports.

The cable network, the Post says, will film a performance of the musical at the Palace Theatre this month. No air date has been officially announced.

A Sept. 5 statement issued by the show's producers says, "The report in today's edition of The New York Post on Legally Blonde — The Musical ("I 'Blonde' My MTV") is premature. If an agreement is reached between the producers of the Broadway production and MTV to air a behind-the-scenes special and the production in its entirety, a detailed press release will be issued. There is no confirmed news to be reported at this time."

This would be a rare, if not unprecedented step, for a Broadway musical to air in its entirety during its run. Several productions — including the original casts of Into the Woods and Sunday in the Park with George — were taped during their runs, but were broadcast after closing. A concert version of Les Misérables was aired during the run of that international hit musical, but it was not a fully staged production. More recent shows that have been filmed for broadcast include Smokey Joe's Cafe and Jekyll & Hyde. The recent revival of Company was also filmed for future broadcast.

Directed and choreographed by Tony Award Jerry Mitchell, Legally Blonde officially opened at the Palace Theatre April 29. The new musical began previews April 3.
    For more information visit www.legallyblondethemusical.com.
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/110760.html
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

MTV Rolls Out Pink Carpet for Sept. 18 Legally Blonde Taping

By Adam Hetrick
    Playbill
    18 Sep 2007

Laura Bell Bundy in Legally Blonde.
    photo by Paul Kolnik
    It's the pink-carpet treatment for fans of Legally Blonde Sept. 18, as MTV hosts the live taping of the Broadway tuner that stars Laura Belle Bundy as the charismatic valley girl-turned law student Elle Woods.

The cast of the MTV series "The Hills," including Lauren Conrad, Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port, will host the pre-show Pink Carpet in front of Broadway's Palace Theatre. The pre-show event will also feature appearances by "America's Next Top Model" CariDee, actress Keke Palmer, musician Kat DeLuna, "tween" stars the Rosso Twins and the chart-topping pop band the Plain White T's.

In addition to the Pink Carpet event, the upcoming MTV broadcast of Legally Blonde will feature special interviews with the cast before the show and will provide a backstage, behind-the-scenes look at the musical.

Legally Blonde will premiere on MTV Sept. 29 with subsequent repeated airings scheduled to follow.
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/111145.html

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

The date was pushed back to oct. 14 for more promo time.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Legally Blonde MTV Broadcast Reaches Millions

By Adam Hetrick
    Playbill
    17 Oct 2007

Christian Borle and Laura Bell Bundy in Legally Blonde.
    photo by Paul Kolnik
    The Palace Theatre, home of Legally Blonde, may only hold 1,743 audience members, but the Oct. 13 MTV broadcast premiere was seen by rougly 1.27 million home viewers.

Legally Blonde was the most watched television program of audience members ages 12-34 during its 1-4 PM time slot Oct. 13. Including all subsequent weekend broadcasts, Legally Blonde was seen by a total of 12.5 million viewers.

Young women ages 12-17 were the highest demographic of viewers tuning in to catch sorority girl Elle Woods save the day, get the guy and earn a law degree while toting a Chihuahua.

Legally Blonde will air again on Oct. 19 at 11 AM on the MTV network.
    http://www.playbill.com/news/article/111977.html

• I'm a guy

Becky Gulsvig, who played Elle for a while and another smaller character earlier on (and I think she is going to be Elle again) is from my town, and my high school.

I watched the MTV broadcast. It was cute but I wasn't all that impressed. I'm glad I watched from home and didn't spend a fortune on tickets!

• aerinpegadrak/DQ's sis

I loved it. It was so cute and the music was so catchy. Way to pull in the younger crowd with this one!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

^ Cute photo with Sierra!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast