Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

•   

Re: Countdown to all things Harry Potter

Anyone in here live in Long Beach that plans on going to a party out here?
    I really want to go to one but I need to find the best place to go out here.

I'm a little bummed because the WHOLE family from the in-laws side is going to Raging Waters Saturday and I planned on reading all day. I "might" bring my book with me and just read all day but I know I'll want to go slide with everyone else. I guess Monday = Sick Day at work.

•   

Random Book Question:
    I should probably ask this somewhere else but it's a Harry Potter thread so I'm sure you'll understand.

I'm at work so I don't have a book in front of me but in GOF, Wormtail killed Cedric. But when Harry and Voldy dueled, Cedric's ghost/shadow came out of Voldy's wand. Did Wormtail use Voldermorts wand to kill Cedric?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Random Book Question:
    I should probably ask this somewhere else but it's a Harry Potter thread so I'm sure you'll understand.

I'm at work so I don't have a book in front of me but in GOF, Wormtail killed Cedric. But when Harry and Voldy dueled, Cedric's ghost/shadow came out of Voldy's wand. Did Wormtail use Voldermorts wand to kill Cedric?
    I'm pretty sure he did because that's how Voldy got his wand back.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    I'm pretty sure he did because that's how Voldy got his wand back.
    That's what I was thinking too but for some reason it just didn't seem right...

• Rock Star Minion

Well, we figure that Wormtail doesn't have his own wand, and it's likely that he was with Voldemort that night at Godric's Hollow. He's likely had Voldemort's wand hidden since that night.
    Also, Voldemort asks for his wand from Wormtail. Wormtail also killed the caretaker of the Riddle House.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

That's what I was thinking too but for some reason it just didn't seem right...
    I just read the passage of the book. Voldy gets his wand out of a pocket of a robe on the ground, but I don't know if that wand was the one that Wormtail used...hrmm.

•   

I just read the passage of the book. Voldy gets his wand out of a pocket of a robe on the ground, but I don't know if that wand was the one that Wormtail used...hrmm.
    Weird huh?

Although what Sediment said is right, I don't think Wormtail has his own wand anymore.

• Rock Star Minion

Question: what happens to Animagi's (and werewolves') wands when they turn into animals? Seems that if Wormtail and Padfoot have clothes on when they return as people, their wands would be stashed there. Wormtail apparently did not have his wand in Book/Movie 3, as he picked up Ron's ( Lupin's ?) to turn himself back into a rat.

I'll read GoF tonight, to see how wrong I am.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

That sounds about right, if you ask me, sediment. I'm curious to see what a closer inspection of GoF would reveal, though. I was just wondering because it makes no mention of Wormtail putting the wand back into a cloak, especially not the one on the ground that Voldemort puts on. Then again, maybe I didn't read it carefully enough because I was skimming to try to see. Let us know what you find!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Question: what happens to Animagi's (and werewolves') wands when they turn into animals? Seems that if Wormtail and Padfoot have clothes on when they return as people, their wands would be stashed there. Wormtail apparently did not have his wand in Book/Movie 3, as he picked up Ron's ( Lupin's ?) to turn himself back into a rat.

I'll read GoF tonight, to see how wrong I am.
    I've wondered that too.
    I guess because they're wizards it just happens magically through their transformation. I have no idea.

I can't help but laugh that despite all of the money they spent on security, Deathly Hallows HAS been leaked. They might as well give it up now. In the long run, the leak will NOT hurt or hinder sales in any way, not to mention, they are fighting a losing battle now. It's been plastered all over the net, so why would you even bother to try to take it down.

Oh well, it was a valiant effort. Only a few more days anyways!

• Rock Star Minion

I can't help but laugh that despite all of the money they spent on security, Deathly Hallows HAS been leaked. They might as well give it up now. In the long run, the leak will NOT hurt or hinder sales in any way, not to mention, they are fighting a losing battle now. It's been plastered all over the net, so why would you even bother to try to take it down.

Well, one has to go looking for it. Or happen to bump into someone whose sole purpose in life is to tell HP fans what they've read on the internet.

I'm shutting off most contact. I'll read it regardless, because it's not the destination, but the journey.

•   

I wasn't aware of this and now I know to stop reading anything I see that even says Harry Potter or Deathly Hallows or anything.
    Time to shut everything off until this weekend I guess........

• Original Mice-Chatter

I wasn't aware of this and now I know to stop reading anything I see that even says Harry Potter or Deathly Hallows or anything.
    Time to shut everything off until this weekend I guess........

Whereas I will likely seek it out.....I don't mind spoilers.

Hmmm.....I wonder...

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Whereas I will likely seek it out.....I don't mind spoilers.

Hmmm.....I wonder...
    Same here Nephy. I wont go around spoiling it for anyone else, but Im too impatient.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast