Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast

• DL Nerd

Re: Countdown to all things Harry Potter

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Do you really want to remember your time at Wal-Mart or how much fun you had a great party at your bookstore?

see for me I'd rather NOT hang out with a bunch of 9 year-old kids dressed as wizards and witches for a couple hours.

For me the fun is in the book.... Not where I get it from. I'm a Regular visitor to B&N cuz I LOVE to read.... but in this case... just like in HBP... I'm headed to the grocery store on Saturday morning and pick it up.
    All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    It is such a pain for me to haul the kids out and do this- but I will think about it. I also have been nervous that they won't have enough-

Despite me social (for the most part) nature- I am not excited about the idea of being in a crowd for this.

Do the B&N and Borders always have enough for everyone who shows?
    Our party starts at 7pm. We will have face painting, fortune telling, wand making, costume contest for kids and adults, professional Harry Potter skits on our stage, trivia games, pictures with "Harry" and more. The cafe will be staffed to meet the extra needs of everyone. I heard some BNs will have live music. One in our area has Hagrid's hut up with an animatronic Phoenix inside. The bigger the BN store, the more money they have to spend on the party. Oh, and I haven't mentioned the freebies that we will be giving out. You'll just have to attend one to find out!

We have hundreds on order and try to get a few more for people dropping in. The last two times we did this we had plenty. But this one is special. You can always reserve a copy, even at this late date. If you don't make it in for the party, they will hold it for you through Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    see for me I'd rather NOT hang out with a bunch of 9 year-old kids dressed as wizards and witches for a couple hours.
    I understand, but there are also tons of adult fans who show up for this party as well. My husband wanted to dress up like a dementor and scare the little kids so they could use the patronis spell, but my manager said no. Since I work there I could get in trouble if my husband was making little boys and girls wet their pants.

• Minion

Blog Entries

ha ha ha i'd pay money to see that, lol

but anyway, mine is coming in themail, and as i'm at work all day saturday*sob*...
    I'm wanting to make a shirt saying "if you read it DON'T SAY A WORD!" but i won't have time, lol

• Clearing my Calendar

I'm excited about it. We're having dinner with a family friend on our side of town at 6:00. We'll probably be finished at 8:00 and drive over to the other side of town where I reserved it, get there about 8:30 or so.

Depending on that, I'm going to try and convince Bryan to go see OotP again. There's a theater practically next door to the store. It'll make the wait go by faster.

I reserved at a Borders on the other side of town for a reason. We used to live by it and I reserved HBP there. I don't know what type of crowd they got, but when we showed up at 12:30-12:45, there was no one inside the store. The parking lot was full of people gleefully holding their copies.

I was so impressed with how quickly they handed them out, that I decided to reserve there again.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

TraceCub, I like your predictions that you have in your signature. I would say they are pretty solid. In the fifth movie, Luna says something about what you lost coming back, and we know Rowling tells the screenwriters the pivital things to put in. Whenever Harry is in Dumbledore's office, Fawkes is always mentioned, and since phoenixes rise from the ashes, so can Dumbledore. Hagrid's death would be tough to read, but less emotional then Ron or Hermoine, IMHO.

We'll all find out soon!

• Minion

Blog Entries

Honey, i'm sorry but if Jo said, Dumbledore is dead, dumbledore is DEAD. i don't deny that he has killed someone *cough* Grindlewald*cough* thus making it capable of having a horcrux, but he is dead...he's not coming back in human form. now he might be back as a portrait...he wouldn't be a ghost because he didn't fear death.

http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/...yreading2.html

the quote is somewhere in there, i'm too lazy to read, lol
    Last edited by krystledm; 07-18-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    Honey, i'm sorry but if Jo said, Dumbledore is dead, dumbledore is DEAD.

I remember reading an interview with Rowling that said when a character is dead, they are really dead. But this whole thing with the phoenix has me thinking maybe Dumbledore is different. Wishful thinking, I know.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I would bet I am not allowed to post predictions in my sig am I?

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Well, put yourself in JK's shoes. Would you, before releasing arguably the most anticipated book of this century (or even the last couple of decades), actually admit that a key character that was apparently murdered in the last book was in fact not dead?

I wouldn't.

I just find the Phoenix thing as interesting because I found it odd that she addresses what D's patronus is, and that would explain why Harry thought it was smoke flying off into the sky.

I am also intrigued that the parts of the conversation where Dumbledore tells Malfoy that he can hide him and his mother in "death" are cut from the UK edition, making it seem as though it was an error that they made it through into the US edition. NOTE: I know there have been other omissions in the past, but the fact that she was THAT explicit about the means for the US and not for the UK is interesting to me to say the least.

I guess we'll wait and see.

EDIT: Nephy, I have a feeling that if we put predictions in our sigs, we'd be drawn and quartered by the Micechat Potter Gang.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    Honey, i'm sorry but if Jo said, Dumbledore is dead, dumbledore is DEAD. i don't deny that he has killed someone *cough* Grindlewald*cough* thus making it capable of having a horcrux, but he is dead...he's not coming back in human form. now he might be back as a portrait...he wouldn't be a ghost because he didn't fear death.

http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/...yreading2.html

the quote is somewhere in there, i'm too lazy to read, lol
    I just read it and she doesn't specifically say that Dumbledore really is dead. Count me in the list of people still holding out hope for Dumbledore's return.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by JK Rowling
    JK Rowling: Well, Salman, your opinion, I would say is ... right. But I see that I need to be a little more explicit and say that Dumbledore is definitely ... dead (crowd gasps). And I do know - I do know that there is an entire website out there that says - that's name is DumbledoreIsNotDead.com so umm, I'd imagine they're not pretty happy right now (crowd laughs). But I think I need - you need - all of you need to move through the five stages of grief (crowd laughs), and I'm just helping you get past denial. So, I can't remember what's next. It may be anger so I think we should stop it here. Thank you (crowd applauds).
    Pretty explicit to me, but I stand by what I said.

• Directly directed

It's the pause. And previously she says:
    Umm, I really can't answer that question because the answer is in book seven but ... you shouldn't expect Dumbledore to do a Gandalf.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Pretty explicit to me, but I stand by what I said.
    thanks for doing my work for me, lol

• Clearing my Calendar

Thanks Nancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    I would bet I am not allowed to post predictions in my sig am I?
    No!!

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    EDIT: Nephy, I have a feeling that if we put predictions in our sigs, we'd be drawn and quartered by the Micechat Potter Gang.
    Yes!!

While I think that Fawkes is a Horcrux, I don't think Dumbledore will.. ahem.. pull a Gandalf. There's a really good article I read a while back that discusses it. But I dare not do a search for it (I ascared!). But I bet it'd be easy to find if anyone did a search for it.

I've always felt that Sirius is going to come back.

I really hope a Weasley isn't one of the characters to die. Harry has saved so many of them, it would stink to tarnish his record! So, my vote is a redemptive death from Snape.

And the invisibility cloak... why did Dumbledore have it *before* James died, if Dumbledore has the ability to become invisible on his own accord?

I have loads more, 'cause I can't talk to Bryan about any of it. He knows Dumbledore's dead by Snape's hand but that's about it besides what is covered in the movies.

*takes a big breath*
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 ... LastLast