Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21724252627

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Countdown to all things Harry Potter

Wal-mart worked out-

They gave out those rubbery wristbands with the House's on them- EVERYONE I saw was a Gryfinndor. We picked up a book for our neighbor and my daughter and I each had a bracelet- sadly she lost hers today I'm going to keep mine as a keepsake.

They also handed out posters with all seven years cover art on them- I think I may frame mine (even though it says Wal-mart on it )

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    We had a good time at the Grand Hallow's Ball!

pixiekid tied for a win in the costume contest as an adorable Harry Potter.

We formed our own line near the cash register and were out with books in hand within 10 minutes!

I won the trivia contest but I all I got was some Bertie botts. I was hoping for more. we formed our own line too but they made us move. but all in all it was a good time. I'm glad I went and I can't believe it's all over.

• UnExiled Minion

Started at 10AM finished at 12:40AM.
    I was given lots of leeway to read, since it was my birthday.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Wal-mart worked out-

They gave out those rubbery wristbands with the House's on them- EVERYONE I saw was a Gryfinndor. We picked up a book for our neighbor and my daughter and I each had a bracelet- sadly she lost hers today I'm going to keep mine as a keepsake.

They also handed out posters with all seven years cover art on them- I think I may frame mine (even though it says Wal-mart on it )
    The Wal-Mart my girlfriend and I went to only got to Gryffindor and then as they distributed the book, they gave out Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin too, but we passed on those. We got there at about 10:55, worried, because the lady I had talked to on the phone said that wristband distribution began at 8 PM and had already ended, but we went anyways, sure that even if they got through everyone with a wristband, they'd still have more. Lo and behold, the Wal-Mart actually HADN'T stopped passing out wristbands and we got ours. In the area that was passing out wristbands, they had a TV playing CoS (I think it was) and cupcakes and some freebies (posters and bookmarks and trivia sheet). We noticed a line of about 3 people long over by the book section, but decided to go and chill in the car for a while. We did this because the Wal-Marts in Tulsa, OK are filled with all manner of interesting people, especially at midnight, and neither my girlfriend nor myself felt overly comfortable staying in there for too long. We come back inside at about 11:50 PM and the three person line (which had been the front by the way) was now probably around...well...at least 50 people if not a lot more (it went down an aisle of the book section, over, and up the next one). Even still, we walked out of the store at 12:19. Sure, Barnes and Noble may have been nicer and maybe even more fun, but I don't think it can compete with THAT impressive timeframe, especially because we didn't have to even THINK about going to Wal-Mart before 10:45 that night.

EDIT: I'm wearing my Gryffindor band right now.

• My cuties!

I'm wearing my Gryffindor band now too. Did any of you who went to Wal Mart too get the bookmarks?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Bands, bookmarks, trivia card and posters.

Sadly Rose lose her band- and I am not willing to give mine up.

Hmmm, Ebay? well-of course

On edit- just grabbed a set of all 4. Not sure if I will get more- but now I can replace the one she lost and have the other 3 I wanted. Yippee
    Last edited by Nephythys; 07-23-2007 at 04:18 AM.

• My cuties!

Shows you can buy anything on ebay! So glad you got a set! I bid on one too.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    Shows you can buy anything on ebay! So glad you got a set! I bid on one too.
    Now I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the full set so I could sell them...d'oh!

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21724252627