View Poll Results: Who is NOT going to make it to the end of the last book?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Potter

28 36.84%
  • Hermione Granger

14 18.42%
  • Ron Weasley

20 26.32%
  • Ginny Weasley

9 11.84%
  • Neville Longbottom

21 27.63%
  • Rubeus Hagrid

33 43.42%
  • Professor McGonagall

6 7.89%
  • Arthur Weasley

13 17.11%
  • Molly Weasley

7 9.21%
  • George and/or Fred Weasley

12 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

•   

Re: Harry Potter Death Guess - Good Guys

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    Oh don't worry. Nobody knows the ending. Even if they did, they'd probably get into A LOT of trouble. Remember that one guy from the States who stole a Book 6 two days before it came out?
    I know but still, watch it be some lucky guess......

Yeah, I remember that guy! I bet you JK wanted to whoop dat @$$

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Actually, I've seen that same exact theory. I think it's been apparent for a while that one of the three besides Harry is going to die (I mean, look at the characters in relation to Harry that have been killed: parents, friend (Cedric), father figure (Sirius/Dumbledore), and mentor (Dumbledore)). The only thing that's missing is a close friend or love interest, but I don't necessarily see Ginny or Cho being too involved in this because Harry isn't going to want anyone to get hurt (the Spider-Man never wants the Mary Jane to get involved). Frankly, it's the manner in which they die that is going to be the most significant, although a sacrifice seems to be the most meaningful/logical at this stage in the game. I say this because, frankly, Harry hasn't had the most dueling experience. Sure, he's survived what he's been through, but he's not all that good offensively speaking and his heart never seems to be in some of the particularly nastier curses there are (I'm assuming an Unforgivable Curse is forgivable if you kill Voldy with it?), so that complicates the final battle, unless he runs Voldy through with like....Gryffindor's sword or something, which wouldn't surprise me.

Spoiler
    The theory that is referenced by Cmash is in fact the spoiler from the "hacker" that I read. It's not overly surprising and the details aren't there, so knowing that won't surprise me too badly

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    I read exactly the same theory somewhere else recently. someone who claimed to know the end of the book.
    Unless they had spoken to a pariletic JK Rowling, they're talking trash, to put it politely.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

I didn't say i agreed with it just that i read it. but even if i knew the ending i would still read the book lots of stuff going to happen before the last page. personally i would rather if one of the three had to die it would be ron.

• Circle of Ancients

You forgot Dumbledore in the poll (he's not dead).

I voted Ron and Ginny. Harry and Hermoine can't be happy in the end with their true loves.

Is this REALLY the last book though? I mean, it's the last book ... at Hogwarts ... but that doesn't REALLY mean she won't write anymore.

Personally, I hope it's not. The books are so good.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    You left Percy Weasley off the list!!! We're halfway through HBP, and still sure he's going to die...
    Pshssh, Percy's a bad guy now.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Mugglenet.com, I guess. I can't remember exactly, since I've read so much lately. I'll back track and see what I can find.... anyone else hear this?
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Is this REALLY the last book though? I mean, it's the last book ... at Hogwarts ... but that doesn't REALLY mean she won't write anymore.
    I thought tas the rumored next book, like an epilogue type deal? Or am I mixed up as usual?

Also, I think Harry will live.

My horcurx question... If I person has a soul, how can you put another soul in him? Can person really have 2 suls? (Or 1.5 or whatever)
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Well, I think there is a problem with a continuation of the series, unless Voldy doesn't die. I mean, sure, there are still lots of Death Eaters and BAD wizards, but Voldy has consistently been written as the baddest thing going in the wizarding world. How is anything after that supposed to be any match for the likes of Harry Potter and whoever else survives that assists Harry?

As for the comment, clinks, I'm not sure if I would call Ginny Harry's true love. Sure, I would like for them to get together, and their relationship in HBP was adorable, but I'm not sure about that just because it doesn't have the same type of strong backing that Ron/Hermione has gotten throughout the series. We'll see.

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post

My horcurx question... If I person has a soul, how can you put another soul in him? Can person really have 2 suls? (Or 1.5 or whatever)
    It's a seventh of a soul, and I don't see why not.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    The problem with that for Voldy is that even though there's the whole thing about Voldemort making the prophecy apply to Harry by choosing him, what if he got it wrong and it's still Neville in the end. Making a Horcrux out of Harry would have been pointless. Furthermore, why Harry? I mean, Voldemort's tried to kill him MANY times, including when he was little. Why would he make him a horcrux and then try to kill him? I mean, he didn't make him a horcrux BY trying to kill him, at least based on our knowledge because that's not how they work. That, and it nullifies the concept of the prophecy, which was "Either must die at the hand of the other, for neither can live while the other survives." The problem with THIS is that if Harry is indeed a Horcrux, as long as Harry doesn't die, they both live.

That, and based on what we know (or at least what I can remember), can humans even BE horcruxes? If they could, why Harry? Why not someone that Voldemort can just lock up somewhere indefinitely?

I am with Neph, I just don't see a lot of validity on this theory.

As for the poll, I am abstaining from voting because I read the supposed spoilers and it just wouldn't be fair, even if it's not all that surprising.
    Yup- it does not make sense for Voldemort to make Harry a horcrux and then try to kill him. Repeatedly and with intent no less-

The next argument is that Voldemort does not know Harry is a horcrux- I call hogwash. Voldemort made the horcrux's deliberately- not by accident. He did not accidentally put part of his soul in Harry- whoops! And not notice......

• Minion

In my oppinion I think it will be Harry....Im sorry to say
    Its the only way the series can be fully ended and no one else try to pick it up
    GrouchyRob Fan!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    There's nothing that says humans can't be horcruxs and I don't think voldemort has tried very hard in attempting to kill harry. SS: His main concern was to get the stone, not kill harry. CS: the basilisk attacks Harry through a memory horcurx which presumably does not know about the other horcrux. POA: the dementors aren't under Voldemorts control yet, he doesn't actually try anything in this book. GOF: He makes what I believe to be his first attempt to kill him and it doesn't work out. Remember he believes that he is the only person who knows about the horcruxs and with all those people watching, what else could they expect? I think he knew about the priori incantanem (sp?) OOTP: he just wants the prophecy to see what he's up against. There's never really an attempt to kill harry from Voldemort HBP: Again no attempt to kill harry. And to me it just doesn't seem logical that voldemort is able to kill all these people and not a little baby. I think he was trying to make a horcrux out of him and it backfired. And the prophecy only reinforces my point, they both must die. And if I'm wrong, which I hope I am, then there is not point to Harry's dying.
    I can just as easily turn those all around and show how I think he did try to kill him repeatedly.

I guess we will know in a month, eh?

• VMK Addict!

Originally Posted by NeverNeverland

I had a thought when I read this... What if he put it in someone who had received the dementors kiss? Like in their body after their own soul was removed?

I also do not believe that Harry is a Horcrux - I am certain that Voldie would have had to intentionally create each one.

I do not believe Ginny will die. She is the first girl born into the Weasley family in like 7 generations. I feel like she is very powerful and a key to the future...

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Pshssh, Percy's a bad guy now.
    Naw, he's not bad, he's just confused, and well, stupid. He'll realize at the last moment what an idiot he's been, take a bullet for his Mom, and die in her arms. Molly will be devistated, remember the boggart at Number 12 in OOTP? The one that tormented her by showing her one dead family member after another? That is her absolute greatest fear.
    xo, Deanna

• Banned User

on the topic of horcruxes, I thought they were supposed to be inanimate objects, like the diary, not people. but maybe I don't remember things right. I guess I need to go back and read number 6 again. thank heavens i have about 3 weeks to do it.

• phbbbbbt

I thought I read somewhere that JK had said that people can't be horcruxes, but I'm not finding it. I am finding some interesting things about horcruxes tho...

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/essays/ess...a-horcrux.html
    http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-...a-horcrux.html

I really like this article, it's about things the director included in POA, that weren't in the book, and JK let them stand... http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-...f-azkaban.html
    xo, Deanna

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast