View Poll Results: Who is NOT going to make it to the end of the last book?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Potter

28 36.84%
  • Hermione Granger

14 18.42%
  • Ron Weasley

20 26.32%
  • Ginny Weasley

9 11.84%
  • Neville Longbottom

21 27.63%
  • Rubeus Hagrid

33 43.42%
  • Professor McGonagall

6 7.89%
  • Arthur Weasley

13 17.11%
  • Molly Weasley

7 9.21%
  • George and/or Fred Weasley

12 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• Directly directed

Re: Harry Potter Death Guess - Good Guys

^^ I hadn't read that! That's very interesting. And if the snake is a horcrux why can't a person be one? I still say Harry's a horcrux.

• Space Mountain Expert

Personally, I checked off everyone on that list. Nothing says finale like going down in one big ball of smoke.
    I'm predicting Armageddon during the final chapter and the whole of Britain goes down into the Ocean.
    Not that I want that to happen in real life mind you. I love England!!!! I'm just saying that's what'll happen in the book.
    I only hope we never lose sight of one thing... that it was all started by a mouse!

the world of disneyking

• my two sunshines

I don't think Harry will die - it's such bad press!

My guess is Hagrid - unfortunately - the gentle giant saves everyone

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    I really like this article, it's about things the director included in POA, that weren't in the book, and JK let them stand... http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-...f-azkaban.html
    That was a great article! Very interesting! PoA was my least favorite movie so this is interesting to read that she let the extra stuff be added.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Hermione Granger is good as fried. She's wanting to loose the image and take on wild, adult oriented roles anyway.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• back in Austin

For starters, I didn't read any of the articles nor the spoiler in this thread. I'm trying to stay far away from any possible spoilers regarding the last book. Nor have I voted yet. I don't want any of them to die!

I'm inclined to disbelieve the horcrux theory for three reasons:
    1. I think it's highly unlikely that Voldemort could/would accidentally create a hoarcrux, and we have no reason besides conjecture to think that he used anything but Avada Kedavra on Harry, who remembers the green light.
    2. As others have stated, Voldemort has tried to kill Harry, even in book one. Makes no sense whatsoever if he's stored part of his soul in Harry.
    2. Trelawney's prophecy states that "And either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives," I don't personally think this points to both of them dying, and I doubt that Rowling will have Voldemort survive, who is apparently beyond redemption.

There are some compelling reasons to believe the theory too, though, so I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom View Post
    I'm with the group who believes Harry will live. You have to remember that these are children's books and it would be pretty harsh of her to kill him off. Would make it so more books couldn't be written about him but I still think she won't do it.
    Book 4 got pretty dark. I think the HP series officially left the "children's book" category with Cedric's death in Goblet of Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyking View Post
    Personally, I checked off everyone on that list. Nothing says finale like going down in one big ball of smoke.
    I'm predicting Armageddon during the final chapter and the whole of Britain goes down into the Ocean.
    LOL!!!

Alice's Wonderland, I'm really enjoying your signature!
    Last edited by RenMan; 06-29-2007 at 09:03 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Hagrid loves Harry too much... anyone that parental sort of relationship with Harry seems bound to die

And Neville

• back in Austin

OK, I've read the http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-...t-horcrux.html article. I have to admit, there's a lot to be said for the theory, especially since we don't know the details of how the horcrux is created. For example, is the transferral of part of the soul simultaneous to the act of murder, or are the two events normally separated in time, if only by a few moments? Certainly the killing curse didn't go as planned. Who's to say the horcrux creation didn't also backfire in a way that Voldemort could have guessed? V was stretching the boundaries of magic, but he hadn't accounted for the power of love.

Well, either way, I just had an interesting thought about how the books could end, but most of the fans would hate Rowling for it. Here goes: Harry and Co. eliminate the 6 horcruxes but Harry dies in the process of trying to kill Voldemort, instead stripping him of his powers, leaving the Dark Lord toothless yet condemned to live forever in a pitiable state. In a way, this would be very satisfying. Remember Dumbledore's calm acceptance of death and how he told Harry that Voldemort is wrong to fear it so? So while Dumbledore is able and willing to "go to sleep after a very, very long day," Voldie gets the rest of eternity on this planet to live with himself and his 0 friends. Poetic. He gets what he wanted, and finds he doesn't want it so much after all.

Just a thot. Not a serious one.

• Directly directed

I think Harry will die in the process of killing Voldemort, since he's a horcrux.

• my two sunshines

Okay can you guys even imagine, if Harry does die at the end of the book, when the movie comes out - it will be utter chaos! I say if any of the main three die, chaos, it will be utter chaos

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    2. As others have stated, Voldemort has tried to kill Harry, even in book one. Makes no sense whatsoever if he's stored part of his soul in Harry.
    What if he has to kill Harry in order to retrieve his 1/7th back? How else would he get it out?
    A signature should go here.

• Minion

Blog Entries

well....here goes lol

I'm crazy and have some crazy theories.

i only voted for hagrid, just cause, he has no further purpose, lol

i'm inclined to click ginny, bu ti don't believe this would be a true death. one of my "things that migh happen in DH" theories has to do with ginny sacrificing herself only to have been faking it, lol maybe a little draft of living death in use? so she'd die, but only pretend

the reason i say no to harry dieing is because "who would write 7 books, giving this boy a HORRIBLE life, just to turn around and kill him?" don't remember who said it, but jk is a horrible person if she write harry's life sucking just to kill him in a brutal, dusgusting way, lol

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

I think Ron may end up toast. Always in fear, he will gain enormous courage and confidence and go down in battle. In my guess, this will happen in order to fire Harry up with his battle with Voldemort.

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...5&postcount=37
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post

the reason i say no to harry dieing is because "who would write 7 books, giving this boy a HORRIBLE life, just to turn around and kill him?" don't remember who said it, but jk is a horrible person if she write harry's life sucking just to kill him in a brutal, dusgusting way, lol
    I don't think it will be a horrible death, I think it will be the only way to stop voldemort and save the world. Kinda how this season of heroes ended up.

• I hate Mondays

I think Ron gets it as well, but for different reasons. JK seems to go to great lengths to lay out Ron's fatal flaw, which is envy. He is envious of Harry for his notoriety and money, he is envious of other students, and he desperately wants fame and glory for himself. He covets what everyone else has without seeing his own blessings. I think he'll go dark in the final book, but redeem himself before he dies.

Harry will live, but he will lose some of his powers. The part of him that is derived from Voldemort will die, but I think he will survive. Of course, he'll wind up as Hogwarts longest tenured DADA prof.

I still think that Harry is the last of the Gryffindor line, and obviously Voldemort is the last of Slytherin. I think that we'll discover some sort of ancient curse going back to Godric and Salazar that is played out in book seven- think about how none of Harry's wizard relatives are alive, and no one ever speaks of them, even though they were longstanding members of the community. I think the Slytherin line has been fighting the Gryffindor line for centuries, and it finally comes down to the last ones standing.
    LoT

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast