View Poll Results: Who is NOT going to make it to the end of the last book?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Potter

28 36.84%
  • Hermione Granger

14 18.42%
  • Ron Weasley

20 26.32%
  • Ginny Weasley

9 11.84%
  • Neville Longbottom

21 27.63%
  • Rubeus Hagrid

33 43.42%
  • Professor McGonagall

6 7.89%
  • Arthur Weasley

13 17.11%
  • Molly Weasley

7 9.21%
  • George and/or Fred Weasley

12 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter Death Guess - Good Guys

Ron turn evil! Oh no!!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    I really like this article, it's about things the director included in POA, that weren't in the book, and JK let them stand... http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-...f-azkaban.html
    Great article, and I think there might be some things in earlier books/movies that can support this.

We started watching all the movies today in preparation for OOTP.

One thing never explained in Sorcerer's Stone (or any of the other books if I remember correctly) is ... Harry's Invisibility Cloak. And who gave it to him.

Remember, the note said it had been given to the giver by James Potter. And then the end of the note says "Use it well".

Well, who besides Hermoine knows what they are up to? So maybe Hermoine is older and knew James and Lily and James gave her the cloak.

Another possibility ... perhaps Hermoine is Lily Potter reincarnate. She would be the same age.

Another thing I noticed, and another possibility ... Snape.

When Harry is in the restricted section with the cloak on, Snape reaches for the cloak ... like he KNOWS somebody has a cloak. Then later in the movie where he asks Harry, Hermoine and Ron why they what they were "Up to" he gives Harry a little nod ... or what seemed like it.

• Directly directed

I thought Dumbledore told Harry that he gave him the invisibilty cloak.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Great article, and I think there might be some things in earlier books/movies that can support this.

One thing never explained in Sorcerer's Stone (or any of the other books if I remember correctly) is ... Harry's Invisibility Cloak. And who gave it to him.

Remember, the note said it had been given to the giver by James Potter. And then the end of the note says "Use it well".

Well, who besides Hermoine knows what they are up to? So maybe Hermoine is older and knew James and Lily and James gave her the cloak.

Another possibility ... perhaps Hermoine is Lily Potter reincarnate. She would be the same age.

When Harry is in the restricted section with the cloak on, Snape reaches for the cloak ... like he KNOWS somebody has a cloak. Then later in the movie where he asks Harry, Hermoine and Ron why they what they were "Up to" he gives Harry a little nod ... or what seemed like it.

just try to remember the mvies are NOT canon

also, i highly doubt the hermione being older then, cause hse'd have to be liek 15 years older for that to work, lol

HOWEVER i feel you are overlooking something importiant here...Hermy has a time turner....

i'll leave it there as i have a very complex theory involving said time turner and cloak.

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    What if he has to kill Harry in order to retrieve his 1/7th back? How else would he get it out?
    I guess it all depends on how the horcruxes are supposed to work. Maybe the don't need to be retrieved at all. Maybe they just need to exist to do their job of keeping their owner "earthbound."

• R.I.P. Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

I'm sure it says at the end of Sorcerer's Stone that Dumbledore gave Harry the cloak.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• R.I.P. Mandy

Count me in with those who don't think Harry will die. But I have a nasty feeling that either Ron or Hermione will snuff it. I also voted for Neville, for no reason other than a "maybe" feeling.
    Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.

Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience.

Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
    Guest: "On stun?"
    BF: "Maybe....."
    Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

• I hate Mondays

Quote Originally Posted by SallySkellington View Post
    I'm sure it says at the end of Sorcerer's Stone that Dumbledore gave Harry the cloak.
    According to The Lexicon, that is indeed what happened: Invisibility Cloak.
    LoT

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
    Benjamin Franklin

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

I wouldn't go around making statements like "Harry must die because he IS a horcrux." Sure, it IS a theory, and even a viable one at that, but not something that should be treated like fact. Harry could be a Horcrux, but at the same time, it would have been silly for Voldy to make Harry a Horcrux. As for the whole "Maybe he did it on accident" or "Avada Kedavra backfired" excuses, that just doesn't make sense based on what we know of Horcruxes. You can't accidentally make a Horcrux as far as we know. They are all made with intent and involve (as far as we can tell) a completely separate curse/incantation/what have you than the killing curse. There is no reason to believe that Harry became a Horcrux by the failed killing curse. Keep in mind that ANY killing rips the soul apart, so Voldy would have had his soul in three pieces before he killed Harry.

Logically speaking, if you wanted to make your last Horcrux by killing off the one person that could someday defeat you, you certainly wouldn't make THAT person the Horcrux, especially when you later make several attempts to kill him. Since it is pretty reasonable that Voldy didn't intend to make Harry a Horcrux, I'm pretty safely assuming that he isn't one because such a complicated and evil bit of dark magic surely can't be something that would mistakenly happen.

Finally, the entire point of a Horcrux IS to keep a bit of the soul earth-bound in hopes that you can be resurrected, correct? Well, that's good and all, but is there any magic that we know of thus far to extract a soul? If not, then that means that Harry being a Horcrux would be pointless because there wouldn't be any way for Voldy to come back. If there is magic like that, I'm sure someone as wise as Dumbledore wouldn't look past this possibility. Sure, he may suspect it and just didn't tell Harry so he could do the noble thing, but that's just silly in my book.

It's not going to be some drop dead shock if Harry ends up being a Horcrux, but I just don't find that too likely. The arguments that Harry is a Horcrux could just be things that we don't know about the power of love and the reversal of the Avada Kedavra curse. I mean, he has some of Voldy's powers and knows what he's thinking. Just because there is a connection doesn't mean that it has anything to do with Voldy's soul or lack there of in Potter. That, and heroic as Harry may be, I honestly just don't see Rowling being able to have Harry off himself or let anyone else do it. If Harry dies before Voldy, it's all pointless. There is another thing, though: If Harry's SCAR is a horcrux, Harry doesn't have to die. There is even more proof that Harry's scar is the answer.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    HOWEVER i feel you are overlooking something importiant here...Hermy has a time turner....

i'll leave it there as i have a very complex theory involving said time turner and cloak.
    But, she didn't get the time turner until book 3, unless she went back that far, which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SallySkellington View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy View Post
    According to The Lexicon, that is indeed what happened: Invisibility Cloak.
    Thanks for that, It's been so long since I read the book Sorcerors Stone, I must have forgotten that part.

• Directly directed

Hermione said that all the time turners had been destroyed in OOTP

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Hermione said that all the time turners had been destroyed in OOTP
    all of the outside ones that were sitting in the dept. idt she whould have taken hers with her, btw, there is this cool little spell that i think we'll be seeing that fixes things, just in case

Reparo!

• Original Mice-Chatter

she turned hers in- she did not keep it.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    I don't think it will be a horrible death, I think it will be the only way to stop voldemort and save the world. Kinda how this season of heroes ended up.
    I'm in total agreement with you, AW. I feel Harry will willingly sacrifice himself to destroy Voldemort, once he learns that he is a Horcrux.

Having a part of Voldemort's soul would explain why his mother died and he didn't, why Harry is a parselmouth like Voldemort (rare gift), and why all these killing opportunities have seemingly been wasted, especially in GOF at the Riddle estate. Cedric was quickly killed; why not Harry?

Having Harry martyr himself to save the world from Voldemort makes sense, given all that he's been through and suffered with since his mother's death.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• my two sunshines

A lot of bookstores AND scholastic and publisher in England are opening phone help lines for when the book comes out - they think there will be a bunch of very distraught fans - I'm not sure if that is foretelling what will happen - but I think if any of the main characters dies it will be traumatic to the real die hard fans. (well maybe traumatic is a rather intense word - but for the young ones who read the story, it could be traumatic - I know my daughter cried when Dumbledore died - and she's 18 now!!!!)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast