View Poll Results: Who is NOT going to make it to the end of the last book?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harry Potter

28 36.84%
  • Hermione Granger

14 18.42%
  • Ron Weasley

20 26.32%
  • Ginny Weasley

9 11.84%
  • Neville Longbottom

21 27.63%
  • Rubeus Hagrid

33 43.42%
  • Professor McGonagall

6 7.89%
  • Arthur Weasley

13 17.11%
  • Molly Weasley

7 9.21%
  • George and/or Fred Weasley

12 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Harry Potter Death Guess - Good Guys

must admit if harry dies, it will play havoc with the seventh movie.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When Harry is in the restricted section with the cloak on, Snape reaches for the cloak ... like he KNOWS somebody has a cloak. Then later in the movie where he asks Harry, Hermoine and Ron why they what they were "Up to" he gives Harry a little nod ... or what seemed like it.
    Perhaps Snape knows they are hiding, as did Dumbledore in Hagrid's cabin, because they can practice Legilimency and can pick up on their thoughts, even if they are invisible. Remember Dumbledore looked right at them under the cloak and spoke to the kids in POA.

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    I guess it all depends on how the horcruxes are supposed to work. Maybe the don't need to be retrieved at all. Maybe they just need to exist to do their job of keeping their owner "earthbound."
    We definitely need to know more about horcruxes. One of my thoughts is that (maybe, always maybe) a horcrux saves your soul at the point of creation, like in a video game where you can go back and restore yourself at that particular point in time. Tom Riddle was able to appear to Harry in real time, because that is where Voldemort "saved" himself in the diary, as young Tom Riddle. It would be very interesting to get glimpses of the stages of Voldemort through his horcruxes.
    Last edited by SusieP.; 07-03-2007 at 12:49 PM.
    A signature should go here.

• phbbbbbt

After reading (a few times) through Slughorn's description of horcruxes, and then Dumbledore's explaination to Harry about his belief that Voldy made 6 of them, I no longer think Harry is one. I can't explain why, I can't put my finger on it, mostly there is just nothing in that scene that suggests it could be Harry.
    xo, Deanna

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

I believe if Harry is a horcrux, he is most definitely an accidental horcrux.

At least the horcruxs' we've seen to date have some type of sentimental value to Voldemort, Harry would not fit into this category. And further, he had every intention of killing Harry since he believes via the prophecy that Harry will be his undoing, it would make no sense to assume that he really meant for him to live and hold a piece of his soul.

But much more info is needed as to what happens in the creation of horcruxs' and how the soul is split when you kill. Is a piece of your soul ripped away every time you commit murder and just lost if you don't create a horcrux? And do you have to create a horcrux immediately? or is there a time delay in which you can hold the piece of the soul prior to placing it into an object?

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by MTNGIRL View Post
    But much more info is needed as to what happens in the creation of horcruxs' and how the soul is split when you kill.
    Thanks, you reminded me of one of the things that swayed me... Slughorn says that you encase the torn portion of soul into a horcrux, and V asks how to encase it. Slughorn says "There is a spell, do not ask me, I don't know!"

Now, since he also says that dark wizards have taken advantage of the split in their soul, then it doesn't sound as if you can cast the encasing spell beforehand. It seems to be something you do after, when you have an extra piece of soul. V killed Lily, and the next spell he cast (at Harry) wasn't "Encase-a-mento," or anything like that, it was the killing curse. His intention that night was to kill Harry, at any cost. He had been watching for The One who would challenge him, and when he heard the half of the prophecy, he believed it was Harry.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

But if you aren't prepared to make a horcrux, then what happens? Do you lose the opportunity immediately? Is that piece of your soul just gone, vanished? Or would you have to think fast and suddenly come up with a new plan? We need more info! I hope we get it in the next book. I have a lot of questions I need answered!

All of this soul splitting can't be good for your general constitution, which is why Bellatrix is nuts. She has little to no soul of her own left to work with.

• Up is Down

Harry isnt one on the horcruxs Voldy didnt want to keep him safe he wanted to kill him! That is that I cannot believe there is so much discussion about this point! About who will die.... well I think it will be ron because in book 5 he jokes about dying I cannot remember what it was right off the top of my head but he does joke about it... in the books everytime ron jokes about something it happens.... im just saying!
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

•   
    • So fetch

Silly rabbit, horcruxes aren't for kids.

Add me to the Harry is not a horcrux crowd.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    in the books everytime ron jokes about something it happens.... im just saying!
    Ohhhh, interesting. Good call, Sam. I'll be paying more attention to that now. Ron as the wise fool, innnnteresting!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Harry isnt one on the horcruxs Voldy didnt want to keep him safe he wanted to kill him! That is that I cannot believe there is so much discussion about this point! About who will die.... well I think it will be ron because in book 5 he jokes about dying I cannot remember what it was right off the top of my head but he does joke about it... in the books everytime ron jokes about something it happens.... im just saying!
    Very true, there has been a lot of talk about Ron having some "Trelawny" powers. I guess we'll see.

•   

I split my "soul" once or twice when I fell off my bike as a youngen. Hit the bar hard and I swore it felt like I split my soul. No horcrux was formed though. Not on purpose or accidentally.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I split my "soul" once or twice when I fell off my bike as a youngen. Hit the bar hard and I swore it felt like I split my soul. No horcrux was formed though. Not on purpose or accidentally.
    BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHA!

Nice.

Yeah, after the last page, I am firmly in the "Harry isn't a Horcrux" camp. No more fence straddling.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I cant check any of them. I dont want anyone good to die.
    Me neither!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I put down the twins because I like to believe in happy endings with Ron marrying Hermione and Harry marrying Ginny.
    That's what I want, too!

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    Has J.K. said anything else on the number of people that die in this book?
    I read 2 characters die, but I can't remember where, so I can't link it.

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    You know, it doesn't matter who lives and who dies. I'll cry at the end, no matter what.
    Me. too! No matter what it will be sad that it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Yeah, after the last page, I am firmly in the "Harry isn't a Horcrux" camp. No more fence straddling.
    Same here. I guess we'll see if we're right or wrong soon enough!
    <o>

• missing the DisneyGallery

When publicity was leaked earlier this year that main characters would definetely die in this one there was also a leak that a student would become a teacher at HW. I could see Neville most likely in this role because of his knowledge of herbology.

When attractions were original

• missing the DisneyGallery

Does anyone know how many pages TDH is supposed to be. I'm hoping for one longer than OOTP. Also I was kind of disappointed in the cover. I was hoping for a black background.

When attractions were original

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast