Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

• My cuties!

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I cuss like a mother trucker, but Molly doesn't. It would be like my mom flying off with the F word. A liiiiittle out of character.

I know other people loved that moment, and I've been quiet about it up til now. My 12 year old hated it too. It was a huge irk of hers, said it didn't feel right to her. Coming from a kid whose mom says the B word all the time.

If it was me fighting Bellatrix, it would look something like this: ?!?!$(*&# N(%)#&*($)(*! (*%#)% ()*#$@)&*(# !?)(*!#)%( Who does your hair??? *# ) ()*#&(^$@*(&^ *&^!?#*(&^ %)(*##* (#*^&*( $%#(*^&*(#&^*(# %(*&(#& (*#&()%*& #*(%&*!?(#%& (%^#*%& &^#$%*(#& %#&^$*#&^$*#^&!!!!!!!

Totally in character.
    Love how you added that in there!

Quote Originally Posted by Junthor View Post
    Ok I loved the book. (I just finished it about 15 minutes ago)

The only thing I didn't like about the book was that the first 1/3 -1/2 seemed to drag on and really not go anywhere.....

I kept thinking.... When the crap are they gonna do some horcrux-destroying

It didn't bother me because they were so clueless on what to do and where to go. I would have been more bothered if they quickly figured out the things left to them in the will and then found all the horocruxes bam, bam, bam. They needed to show the struggle they had in figuring out the Deathly Hallows and the horocruxes.

• Directly directed

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Apology accepted Nancywitt.

Now did y'all see this? A for sure 8th book.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/
    Maybe now all our questions will be answered?

The book was amazing. It took me exactly 3 days 12 hours and about 20 minutes to finish (I took quite a few breaks). It was awesome. I never teared up during any moment in Harry Potter. Except for when Doby Died.

I did NOT escape the Doe to belong to Snape. That was just a wow. lol uh. I would have never made the connection on how to open the snitch.
    Wait wait wait wait wait...
    How the freak did Snape find out where they were to be able to get to them and to put the sword there and lead Harry there?

And is there any purpose at ALL for the name Hugo at the end or was that completly random? lol
    Oh. I loled when Mrs. Weasley yelled at Bellatrix. THAT was funny.
    I also chuckled when they were discussing the Deathly Hallows and they said Death needed an invisibility cloak cause it got tired of running up to people waving his arms... lol Anyway.
    Yea.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by crfrncs9 View Post
    How the freak did Snape find out where they were to be able to get to them and to put the sword there and lead Harry there?

In the memory chapter- Phineas Nigellus (sp?) tells them he knows where they are- so Dumbledore from his portrait sends Snape there to give them the sword.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Thanks for the link Alice. You mentioned it once before that Rowling was going to write another book, but now it looks like it will be for certain. The article was interesting. I'm glad she gave Mr. Weasley a repreave. I would have been very upset if she killed him off.

I wonder if stores will have another party when this next book is released? Any excuse to have a party!

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    Apology accepted Nancywitt.

That's awesome!
    I know it will be years from now but I love that I got that anticipation feeling back in my blood!

It's also cool to know that the most emotional part for me in the book was also the same for her.

• Clearing my Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Maybe a reference to Daniel Radcliff and his nude scene on stage?
    I doubt it. She was finished writing in January and the play wasn't until after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    I wonder if stores will have another party when this next book is released? Any excuse to have a party!
    I'll be there if there is one!
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by cal4iri View Post
    I agree with you.
    I loved how she stepped up and fought for Ginny and her family but that line just didn't fit.
    Ahhhh, but it did fit. Bellatrix wasn't just coming after Molly's family, but was trying to take out the first female Weasley in how many years??? Molly is protective of all her kids, but Ginny is extra special.
    xo, Deanna

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Ahhhh, but it did fit. Bellatrix wasn't just coming after Molly's family, but was trying to take out the first female Weasley in how many years??? Molly is protective of all her kids, but Ginny is extra special.
    I think her stepping up and fighting was awesome and that fit perfect!
    But what she said just didn't fit for me. It doesn't sound like something anyone from the Harry Potter world would say for some reason. "Bloody B@#$@"..... well that's different.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crfrncs9 View Post
    I also chuckled when they were discussing the Deathly Hallows and they said Death needed an invisibility cloak cause it got tired of running up to people waving his arms... lol Anyway.
    Yea.
    That part cracked me up too!
    A signature should go here.

• Clearing my Calendar

I think her stepping up and fighting was awesome and that fit perfect!
    But what she said just didn't fit for me. It doesn't sound like something anyone from the Harry Potter world would say for some reason. "Bloody B@#$@"..... well that's different.
    Wicked Witch.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

•   

When Harry went into the Forest with the snitch and turned the stone, did Sirius show up?? Lupin was there right? I don't remember Sirius. Or maybe I'm all mixed up. I don't have my book with me to check back.

I was disappointed that Sirius didn't come back more in some way. I really didn't expect Aberforth to be the one to use the mirror with Harry.

• Jedi Master Bird :)

Yes Sirius was there when he used the stone. Harry asked him if dying hurt.

• Directly directed

I was disappointed that Sirius didn't come back more in some way. I really didn't expect Aberforth to be the one to use the mirror with Harry.
    I didn't expect Sirius to come back but I really didn't expect Aberforth to use the mirror either. I thought it was Dumbledore at first. And I was going to say "see?" all smugly. I wasn't convinced Dumbledore was really dead until the Kings Cross Chapter.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Mihawk View Post
    Yes Sirius was there when he used the stone. Harry asked him if dying hurt.
    So it was Sirius that he asked that too huh???
    That part made me

Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast