Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

• phbbbbbt

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

I'm going to do this-- I'm going to send a pm to the woman I know who got the book yesterday, and ask if the chapter titles are correct. I know she really honestly did get it yesterday, I'd rather not say how publically, but if you're skeptical, drop me a pm and I'll tell ya...

Be back later...

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Well, I couldn't get an alternate downloadable version to work, but I don't think the epilogue is 30 pages long...something is up here.

EDIT: Deanna, please post your findings later. It would help a lot of us out.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Thanks- everyone.

I pulled my posts because I do NOT want to spread bad information. I really appreciate the detective work you all are willing to do.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    EDIT: Deanna, please post your findings later. It would help a lot of us out.
    You ready for this? I gave her the first six titles, and asked if Epilogue starts on page 753.
    Spoiler
    She gave me the next four titles, which match the photos. She also said that yes, Epilogue starts on page 753.

Carry on...

Well, here are MY findings.

I managed to find from the very beginning (as in it shows part of the cover with the color page in front) up to page 495. The Table of Contents in the file showed the epilogue as being at pg 753. If you go look at the epilogue pictures floating around, 753 IS the magic number. The epilogue ends on pg 759, a good 25 pages short of the "promised" 784. Based on the limited view of the cover, it appears as though the edition the photographs are taken from is in fact the regular US edition (my bad, Neph, I said deluxe in the PM but upon closer look, it's the regular). Everything in the file from the color page through the publication info through the table of contents into the book seems to be real to me. On page 63, more of the cover is revealed, showing the jacket design credit, but more importantly, giving off a reflection, meaning that this is in FACT a library copy due to its glossy plastic protector on the cover. I just gave a quick flip through of all of the pages. It definitely looks real enough to be taken out of the book. I mean, it's consistent with how the book would look if you took pictures of it. Frankly, to photoshop your OWN 495 pages worth of text seamlessly and realistically into a book, as well as faking the cover and the publishing information, would be impressive without a doubt (for example, no existing DH cover art reveals the jacket design credits), and frankly, I can't see who would spend THAT amount of time because each photograph would have to be done--and for what, exactly? What would someone have to gain off of THAT? On top of that, I don't think Scholastic would be legally pursuing someone if it wasn't real. On top of THAT, we know that boxes of the books have already been delivered to libraries. So, choose to believe what you may, but I am convinced, and will remain so until I get my hands on the book, that these are real.

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT MORE PROOF THAT SPOILS PLOT POINTS!!!
    Spoiler
    I can confirm that the epilogue is at least consistent with the rest of the book in the fact that Snape does INDEED become headmaster of Hogwarts in the course of the story

EDIT: Thank you very much, Deanna! Out of curiosity, which page does her epilogue END on?

I would give rep, but it won't let me because you got some yesterday or the day before, I believe...shucks.

So, I think the real versus fake issue is resolved. On with the discussion!
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 07-18-2007 at 09:49 AM.

• phbbbbbt

DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT MORE PROOF THAT SPOILS PLOT POINTS!!!
    Spoiler
    I can confirm that the epilogue is at least consistent with the rest of the book in the fact that Snape does INDEED become headmaster of Hogwarts in the course of the story
    Do you have any idea how freaking cool this is? About a week and a half ago, at another board, I said (on a whim):
    Spoiler
    "I wouldn't be suprised to see Snape as the next headmaster of Hogwarts..." because he is totally D's right hand man.

And I said that at a board with no edit ability, so it will stand for all eternity as being out there before any spoilers, and definitely before the book.

EDIT: Thank you very much, Deanna! Out of curiosity, which page does her epilogue END on?
    I'll ask her later. Thanks for the thanks, and thank you, I never would've found the spoilers if you hadn't said something about them! I just got lucky with being able to confirm/deny them!!!
    xo, Deanna

• I'm not really here

No idea what to think. I'm waiting for Sat myself, but if this is real, then whoever did it has some serious guts. The publishers literally have a small army of lawyers on alert 24/7 (no joke) to take care of things. They have gotten a good number of subpoenas so far for multiple sites ordering the take down of all content as well as banning members who post or repost content. So be careful what you post about this. I would avoid posting links. Spoiler tags, go right ahead, but don't link to anything copyrighted that shouldn't be up.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The publishers literally have a small army of lawyers on alert 24/7 (no joke) to take care of things.
    I know, and they have spent a ton of money on security. I did call Scholastic this morning, and told them that someone I know received her book yesterday (not trying to be a spoilsport really, just suprised this hasn't been on the news yet). They were very appreciative for the info.

Spoiling and speculation is one thing, a company blowing the release date is another.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    No idea what to think. I'm waiting for Sat myself, but if this is real, then whoever did it has some serious guts. The publishers literally have a small army of lawyers on alert 24/7 (no joke) to take care of things. They have gotten a good number of subpoenas so far for multiple sites ordering the take down of all content as well as banning members who post or repost content. So be careful what you post about this. I would avoid posting links. Spoiler tags, go right ahead, but don't link to anything copyrighted that shouldn't be up.

Yeah- we already covered that. We won't post copyrighted stuff on MC.

First Chapter Discussion, assuming it's real and all that jazz. Note: These are relatively detailed spoilers, although please forgive my fuzzy memory. If you don't want to know, for the love of Merlin, don't highlight. I basically rundown what we learn in the first chapter and then start discussing it a little bit.

Spoiler
    The book begins once again with a chapter that is not in Harry's perspective at all. I believe it is Snape and another Death Eater walking up to Malfoy Manor. Basically, the Death Eaters and big V himself are all there, chilling and plotting evil plots. There is someone revolving upside down over the table (Professor Burbage or something to that effect. Taught about muggle/wizard relations at Hogwarts). We learn that Wormtail has a prisoner of some sort. Major points of plottings: They want Harry Potter, badly. They are discussing what they know about where he is going to be. The bad news for the good guys is that the Death Eaters have infiltrated the Ministry and are looking to overthrow it from within. As a result, the Order has become highly paranoid and distrustful of the Ministry, so instead of a team of Aurors accompanying Harry, the Order is going to do it when the time comes to remove him from the Dursleys. Voldemort makes it VERY clear in this chapter that he's been trying to kill Harry repeatedly throughout the entire series, so I suppose that takes care of those Horcrux rumors. Oh, quick interesting note: Snape is seated at Voldemort's right side. Narcissa, Lucius, Bellatrix, and Draco are all there. Draco is very uncomfortable by the way that Burbage is just floating there, revolving (he keeps looking up at her). Voldemort asks for Lucius' wand. Then he goes on to humiliate the Malfoys and Bellatrix by pointing out how their cousin (Tonks) has married Remus Lupin. He then goes on a typical rant about pureblood pollution and it is resolved that either the Malfoys or Bella must "prune" their family trees, setting up for the deaths of Tonks and Lupins at some indeterminable point later in the book. The chapter more or less culminates with Voldemort murdering Burbage with the AK curse, citing reasons such as filling the wizarding world's children's heads with thoughts that it was okay to get along with muggles and other types that Voldy feels are inferior.

Overall, a very, VERY dark way to start the book. If the rest of the book is this dark, I'm excited.

I also heard something VERY, VERY interesting about Harry and his fight with Voldy later in the book, but I'm not going to share that without requests.

Information on Harry Potter. This is like...uber spoilers to the max, so I highly suggest you don't read unless you really just don't care. I haven't been able to read this, so I can't confirm or deny it. I am treating it as true because it has a page number listing and came from a spoiler post that had other spoilers that are true.

Spoiler
    Voldemort kills Harry. That's right. I said it. Despite the epilogue and what else we know, Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, finally succumbs to the Dark Lord around page 704 I believe it is. But wait....page 724 has Harry coming back to life...Hrmm. Interesting. Discuss? Or wait until we can see how the details of that are handled, if it's true.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Information on Harry Potter. This is like...uber spoilers to the max, so I highly suggest you don't read unless you really just don't care. I haven't been able to read this, so I can't confirm or deny it. I am treating it as true because it has a page number listing and came from a spoiler post that had other spoilers that are true.

Spoiler
    Voldemort kills Harry. That's right. I said it. Despite the epilogue and what else we know, Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, finally succumbs to the Dark Lord around page 704 I believe it is. But wait....page 724 has Harry coming back to life...Hrmm. Interesting. Discuss? Or wait until we can see how the details of that are handled, if it's true.

I.Am.Laughing.My.Butt.Off (inside and quietly of course because I'm at work)

What a way to have the best of both worlds eh?

I know...a part of me thinks it's kind of lame.

Spoiler
    I mean, honestly, the fact that Dumbledore, one of the most powerful wizards of all time, can't come back from the dead (as far as we know...O_o) and yet little, bitty Potter can is sort of lame. I think the power of love has something to do with this. The thing that upsets me about this is that maybe Harry IS a horcrux because now it doesn't matter either way...sigh. I hope it's not true. It'd be funny if it was, but seriously. That, and a 20 page gap is a lot of time for fans to just be like GRAR SHE KILLED HIM I'M DONE.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    I'm still trying to figure out the whole going beyond the curtain thing. From the cover art, I was thinking the battle was going to be somewhere in that chamber with the curtain of death. My own guess was that Harry goes through it, but it wasn't his time...or he has something from that other room having to do with love. My other idea a couple days ago would be that maybe Ron or Hermione gets nailed right about the same time and somehow Harry has the power to send them back...if he stays behind the curtain. So far, I like how things sound like they're coming out. Snape is with Dumbledore, although the headmaster thing is a bit much. Someone that greasy and spiteful should never be headmaster of Hogwarts. I really do think that this new info is true, and it could be why JK is trying so hard to keep the secret from getting out. If Harry gets killed off...then gets a reprieve, there will be many surprised and happy readers in the next few weeks.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    Yeah- we already covered that. We won't post copyrighted stuff on MC.
    Thanks for keeping an eye on that Nephy.

And just an FYI, we are keeping an eye on this thread, although I'm 'trying' to not see any spoilers. But PLEASE DO NOT post any copywrited material on MC.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast