Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1623242526272829 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    If you are Malfoy/Draco fans, good for ya...enjoy...your opinion will differ from mine, that's great. All I am doing is stating my own opinion and explaining why I came to it. In the end we are all big fans of the saga and so we do have that in common.
    That is the wonderful thing about MiceChat, we can express our opinions and not get blasted for them. GoofyDaddy, I hope you didn't feel like we were attacking you for your opinions. We just have a difference of opinion here and are agreeing to disagree, but you don't need to keep repeating your stance on this subject. It's all good.

• Look.....at......me!

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

****BOOK 7 SPOILER BELOW****
    For me, and again I acknowledge this is my OPINION, the Malfoys never showed any change in their attitude. If it wasn't for the fact that "HWMNBN" had turned on them and was directly putting their son in mortal danger they would have carried on as the egotistical, arrogant, biggots that they were. Yes their love for their son does come into play, i never said it didn't, but even arrogant evil can feel love or at the very least care about the only one who will continue the blood line they feel is so pure and better than anyone elses..
    I understand where you are coming from, and I agree that the Malfoys did not all of a sudden become good people. However, by showing love, and by turning against Voldemort to save their son, they did show that they are better than Voldemort, as he never showed any love. And I do believe that Draco is not nearly as bad as Lucious. He was not able to kill Dumbledore (I really don't think Lucious would have batted an eyelash before taking that chance). I think that what did happen was a minor change, that may eventually lead to other Malfoys who are not so hateful. (Maybe Scorpius will be better than Draco, although that name won't help!)

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    That is the wonderful thing about MiceChat, we can express our opinions and not get blasted for them. GoofyDaddy, I hope you didn't feel like we were attacking you for your opinions. We just have a difference of opinion here and are agreeing to disagree, but you don't need to keep repeating your stance on this subject. It's all good.
    I repeated it once because a post or two from others seemed to indicate some confusion on my stance is all. I never felt attacked though, no slug curse detected.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I'll get the bucket just in case!!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    Better out than in as Hagrid says.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grewupdown View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, and I agree that the Malfoys did not all of a sudden become good people. However, by showing love, and by turning against Voldemort to save their son, they did show that they are better than Voldemort, as he never showed any love. And I do believe that Draco is not nearly as bad as Lucious. He was not able to kill Dumbledore (I really don't think Lucious would have batted an eyelash before taking that chance). I think that what did happen was a minor change, that may eventually lead to other Malfoys who are not so hateful. (Maybe Scorpius will be better than Draco, although that name won't help!)
    I agree here 100%. Lucious was a sheep, he didn't think for himself. He only did what he was told or whatever he thought would gain him favor with Voldemort. His only thought was to be on the side where the power was. Draco was at least able to make his own decisions, even if he was misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet View Post
    I can barely watch that part. How he did that without actually puking is beyond me!
    A signature should go here.

• Still lost in Neverland

I am not reading any posts here yet. I am near the end of the book, but I just need to talk. I handled all the deaths so far in the book very well except for two. Those made me have to stop and put the book down. Now I have just finished the Chapter on Snape. I am so stunned by this revelation I just can't go on right now. I know that JK has done things to surprise us in all the books by pointing us one way and then finding out we should have been looking in the opposite way. And I suddenly realized that everything that has been done in all the earlier books was all from one viewpoint. Harry Potters. Now I see that Dumbledore is not what I thought he was. I am very sad about this. Unless I more yet to discover. I just am amazed at how good this book is. And how happy, sad and shocking its getting to be. If they make this movie (and I can see all the actors involved in the Harry Potter movies running out and getting the book to find out how they end up are getting quite a sight) and they make it close to the book, as they should with this one, it's going to be one Heck of a movie.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Keep on reading, the revelations just keep on coming in this one!

Only knowing Harry's point of view is what makes this whole series work. We only knew what he did and a lot of things aren't what they seem. It's brilliant!
    A signature should go here.

• Goodbye VMK.

No, no i hope you didnt think i was attacking you! I love everyone in the wizerdring world, but i happen to like the Malfoy's/Draco a whole lot. i cant it explain it. Ill have to just believe in myself.
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by VMKPrincess View Post
    No, no i hope you didnt think i was attacking you! I love everyone in the wizerdring world, but i happen to like the Malfoy's/Draco a whole lot. i cant it explain it. Ill have to just believe in myself.

Hmmm...perhaps someone has used the Imperius curse on you!

I do enjoy the Malfoy characters to be sure. I also think they were excellently cast when it came time to shoot the movies.

On a slightly different note, I took my daughter (almost age 8) to the big release party at our local book store for the release of #7. She had so much fun yet, except for the movies, doesn't know the whole Harry Potter story. The next day she asked that for family story time we start book one. I was happy to do so of course. She loved it. We are now in the middle of Chamber of Secrets. After reading book 7 and all that was revealed there in, it is actually very interesting reading the series again from the start because there i actually a lot of stuff in the early books that gain a new meaning in the light of what we know now. It's also heart wrenching when certain characters are introduced and you think, oh man, I know what happens to them in the end. Great experience though.

• My cuties!

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP. View Post
    Keep on reading, the revelations just keep on coming in this one!

Only knowing Harry's point of view is what makes this whole series work. We only knew what he did and a lot of things aren't what they seem. It's brilliant!
    Exactly!! My husband was complaining about not knowing what everyone else was up to in the last book but I told him that was how all the books were and it would have been strange to change it up for the last book.

Goofy Daddy, that is great your daughter wanted you to read them. I can't wait until my twins are old enough for me to read the series to them.

• Goodbye VMK.

Hmmm...perhaps someone has used the Imperius curse on you!

I do enjoy the Malfoy characters to be sure. I also think they were excellently cast when it came time to shoot the movies.

YOU BET! UGH YEAH THANKS ALOT DEATHEATER DRACO!

Same here =] the 5th movie was extreamely amazing!

alrighty. let's go get some pudding. O_o

Well I finished the book last night. I think this is the best book of all. It made me laugh and it made me worry and it made me cry.

Spoiler
    The first tears shed were for the loss of Hedwig. That one hurt. The second tears were for Dooby. I had to put the book down I just couldn't go on at that point. Then Fred!

I was on the Blue Line Train to my sisters and I again had to stop because if I had kept reading it would have been embarrassing to be openly crying on a crowded commuter train.

I found no part of the book boring or wordy as some have said.

Spoiler
    The entire middle part where Harry, Ron and Hermoine are on the run and living in the magical tent I found to be very informative. The fight between Ron and Harry was really well done, and the fact that these two are so close and shows just how to guys can be so close they are almost one, without all the nonsense about them being gay is thrust upon them. I was very happy with the way this was done and also watching the relationship between Ron and Hermoine develop over the course of the story.

The battle scenes were so well written that I could plainly see it in my minds eye, and of course everyone looked like they do in the movie. McGonnigal is a hoot in this book. I can hardly wait to see Maggie Smith doing these scenes.

Spoiler
    The chapter where Harry goes to meet Voldemort and does not offer any resistance was kind of strange, but of course I did not know at that point what was coming. The last couple of chapters are paced like a runaway train. Just kept me riveted to the book and could not put it down. I was hoping for that big final battle between Harry and Voldemort and I was not let down. I knew that at some point Neville was going to be very important in the final resolution, and was not disappointed there either.

Spoiler
    The so called Epilogue was wonderful. I had been told that this part would be the toughest to get through but I am pretty sure I was being misled by friends who had finished and did not want to give away the very happy ending. I loved it and yes I did cry, but they were tears of joy, not sadness. I was right about Snape and that made me very happy. Glad that Draco and his parents survived as well, it just makes for a balanced world to have both good and evil present.

Spoiler
    The hardest part about the epilogue was that we do not know what happened to George (he was an identical twin, and the surviving twin is always damaged after the death of his second self), McGonnigal (is she still alive after 19 years and if so, is she now permanent Head Misstress of Hogwarts?), who is the new Dark Arts Teacher, What does Harry do for a living (I always thought he would teach at Hogwarts as the Defense Against the Dark Arts), what became of Percy and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, and a few other loose ends that were not mentioned.

But that said, overall when all is said and done, J. K. Rowling gave us...

Spoiler
    what we wanted. A very exiting and satisfying book in the end. And yes, I would love to continue on with the children of our band of heroes (and villains like the Malfoys) and see what mischief they get themselves into. She did say this was the end of Harry's story, but.........
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 08-06-2007 at 09:09 AM.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Goodbye VMK.

could you please edit your post? some of your post has some spoilers in it. thanks.

Opps. I was so exited to be able finally talk about it I just thought that by now everyone knew all about the book. So I did edit the previous post and hope that the way I did is OK. My bad.

Thank You Poisonedapples