Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 217242526272829 LastLast

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Quote Originally Posted by VMKPrincess View Post
    could you please edit your post? some of your post has some spoilers in it. thanks.

We are on page 16 of this thread- the fact that spoilers are in the thread is displayed in the title. Anyone coming in here already knows there will be spoilers....

Spoiler boxes are NOT needed any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Opps. I was so exited to be able finally talk about it I just thought that by now everyone knew all about the book. So I did edit the previous post and hope that the way I did is OK. My bad.

You did not have to bother-by this time spoiler boxes are a waste of time.

Ok..carry on.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

LostBoy, I'm glad you ended up liking it. I know you were worried, but I think we all felt that way, too. And the more I reflect on it, the more I realize how awesome it all was.
    A signature should go here.

• Still lost in Neverland

I was very worried as people were telling me to have plenty of kleenexes areound. At this point I don't know if they were doing that to throw me off the track and make me think that Harry would die, or Ron, or Hermoine, and after all the other deaths of beloved characters, it was easy to beleive. Or maybe they knew I would be crying out of shear joy that those things I feared did not happen. In any case, I am finished and now want to see how #6 and #7 are going to play out as movies. I wonder if people who read the books will be as exited about the new movies as we all have been in the past, or knowing the outcome in the books with keep them from getting exited about the movies. I am exited as I always look forward to watching the book play out on the big screen, they are different takes on the same story and I love all the actors because they just fit the parts so well. To think that Alan Rickman was the only person on Earth, besides JK herself, who knew how it would end is just awesome. It made him play Snape all the better, because he had the background of his character, and his ultimate fate, in order to play that character the way it needed to be played. An absolutely amazing book.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I was very worried as people were telling me to have plenty of kleenexes areound. At this point I don't know if they were doing that to throw me off the track and make me think that Harry would die, or Ron, or Hermoine, and after all the other deaths of beloved characters, it was easy to beleive. Or maybe they knew I would be crying out of shear joy that those things I feared did not happen. In any case, I am finished and now want to see how #6 and #7 are going to play out as movies. I wonder if people who read the books will be as exited about the new movies as we all have been in the past, or knowing the outcome in the books with keep them from getting exited about the movies. I am exited as I always look forward to watching the book play out on the big screen, they are different takes on the same story and I love all the actors because they just fit the parts so well. To think that Alan Rickman was the only person on Earth, besides JK herself, who knew how it would end is just awesome. It made him play Snape all the better, because he had the background of his character, and his ultimate fate, in order to play that character the way it needed to be played. An absolutely amazing book.

Say WHAATTT?!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Goodbye VMK.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephythys View Post
    We are on page 16 of this thread- the fact that spoilers are in the thread is displayed in the title. Anyone coming in here already knows there will be spoilers....

Spoiler boxes are NOT needed any longer.

You did not have to bother-by this time spoiler boxes are a waste of time.

Ok..carry on.

I've finished the book. that does not mean others haven't. so it IS necessary
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

• Original Mice-Chatter

yeah...huh?

• Original Mice-Chatter

Quote Originally Posted by VMKPrincess View Post
    I've finished the book. that does not mean others haven't. so it IS necessary

Sorry to disagree- but no, it is not necessary.

If someone who has not finished this book comes in here and gets to page 16 and ignores the blaring title of the thread (which I started remember?) then they better know there are spoilers and be prepared to be spoiled.

There are NUMEROUS posts with exposed spoilers- I am not going to make them edit them, and it really is not needed any longer.

It says clearly to enter at your own risk- the people who participate in this thread no longer need hide facts or opinions under spoiler boxes.

Thanks!

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

I have to agree with nephy... the title of the thread tells it all.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Banned User

AHHHH! A HP7 thread!!! Dear Lord I LOVE THIS BOOK! I seriously love it, so much action, deep themes, perfect character developement! WOW!!!!! My favorite part was the Howarts Battle till the end! When Voldemort used th killing curse on Harry I was like "YES!!! I knew he would die, I KNEW it I told you guys[my friends] that he needed to die!" But then he didn't, but it was okay. I imagined the book with all the characters from the movie and I invisioned Xeno to look kinda like Doubledore, but with shorter blond hair. My only gripe about this book was the epilouge. I'm sorry, but it was the STUPIDEST thing I've ever read!! Albus Severus Potter????? What kinda name is that??? And who is this Victorie?? It made no sense. I think J.K. only wrote the epilouge to say "See you guys, this is it, Harry Potter is over, no more sequels!" And I didn't like that it was a Happy ending, it was awkward hearing that Hermione and Ron, and Harry and Ginny got married and had kids! I just don't like that!

Besdies that GREAT book! The whole adventure makes up for the dumb epilouge!

-Jojo

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Hey guys.... let's not argue if spoilers are necessary or not.
    In this particular thread, they are not needed, as the title very clearly states that there are spoilers and to enter at your own risk. Also, the book has been out 3 weeks.

Let's get back to discussing the book.
    Thank you.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Knight that says Nee!!

Can't we settle this over a pint?

By the way...Dumbledore dies on page...oh wait wrong book, sorry.

• Original Mice-Chatter

*snort*

•   
    • Minion

I finished it finally yesterday... I was depressed about it... And then it hit me...

Although it was a fitting close to the book - there are way too many loose ends to subplot lines in the series... That bugs me...

It is begging for a sequel series/books based on differant characters...
    Check out my other blog:

• Still lost in Neverland

Posted bt Lost Boy (me): To think that Alan Rickman was the only person on Earth, besides JK herself, who knew how it would end is just awesome. It made him play Snape all the better, because he had the background of his character, and his ultimate fate, in order to play that character the way it needed to be played.
    Posted by MiisViolet: Say WHAATTT?!
    Back when the third book was posted (I think it was about then) JK did an interview and someone asked her if anyone connected with the movies or the upper echelon at Warners had been told the ending. She said that during the filming of the 2nd movie she had been on set and had taken one person in the cast aside and told him how it ended. She said it was necessary for him of all people to know how it would end because of things that were coming concerning his character and he needed to have the right attitude to play it correctly. He was sworn to secrecy and asked not to talk to anyone about it. He said of course, for him that would be easy. Sort of a similar deal between Dumbledore and Snape. She never denied this story on her site as far as I know.

And I loved the epilogue. For me it showed that Harry and the gang were safe, grew up, got married and had children. Even the stuffy Malfoy's. To me it just felt right. I know a lot of things got left unsaid and some of that made me wonder a bit, but it wasn't all that worrisome at all. I felt very good and warm inside when I closed that book last night and went to bed content.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 08-06-2007 at 05:56 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• of the Flying Dutchman

Back when the third book was posted (I think it was about then) She said it was necessary for him of all people to know how it would end because of things that were coming concerning his character and he needed to have the right attitude to play it correctly.
    Oh my gosh. I almost died when I read snape's chapter in deathly hallows. I remembered that JK had told Alan Rickman about his character's future, and I immedietley watched the first harry potter movies afterwards. And it was so amazing to watch Snape's performance after reading the last book, because the acting had ALOT more deep meaning that you didnt notice before... and you feel soo bad for him! I cried so hard

"Reality is brutal and it will kill you make no mistake about it,
    but our tales, our creatures, and our heroes have a
    chance to live longer than any of us."

<3