Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast

• phbbbbbt

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    EDIT: Thank you very much, Deanna! Out of curiosity, which page does her epilogue END on?
    Heard back from her, it ends on 759.

And I'm glad we all could make Neph feel better!!!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Heard back from her, it ends on 759.

And I'm glad we all could make Neph feel better!!!

awww-thanks.

I felt like such a flake this morning-

"It's REAL"

"It's NOT"

"It's REAL!"

Augh I did not want to drag anyone down with bad info so I backpedaled like crazy-only to be bailed out by you guys.

Spoiler
    I think there is a chapter titled something along the lines of "The Last Will of Albus Dumbledore"- is it possible he names Snape as his successor? Considering that Hogwarts and the Ministry are not exactly cozy- maybe Dumbledore names his own replacement.

Spoiler
    As for Harry dying- Rowling always said she was not ruling out Harry dying in the book- but she never said he would be dead at the end of it

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Spoiler
    I think Snape becoming Headmaster may have something a lot more sinister behind it. Even though he is in fact Dumbledore's right-hand man, I know that Voldy and his crew infiltrate and possibly overthrow the Ministry (Scrimgeour dies about 150 pages in from what I've heard). That could explain it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I just finished reading several of the scanned pages and I have no doubts that those shots were from the real thing. I honestly don't know how Scholastic thought they could trust several thousand empolyees from Borders to Walmart NOT to open those cases until this Saturday. I'm sure there must be hundreds of copies out by now. It kills me to think of people, like those I found on a particular website forum just now, planning to scream things at the lines of waiting Potter fans this Friday night. That's just sick. Having said that, I just had to sneak a peak or two. And I must say...the last couple of pages were nothing like what I was expecting. I may have snuck a peak or two, but I have more questions than ever that need answering on Saturday. I figure I should finish it before midnight. At 8:00 am, I'll be standing in front of my local Walmart waiting to get in.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

In regards to spoiling it, people are jerks sometimes. At the last HP party we went to at Barnes N Noble some idiot drove by the line shouting, "Dumbledore dies!!" over and over and completely tee'd everyone off.
    I watched that on youtube.

And you have NO idea how tempting this thread is.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    I just finished reading several of the scanned pages and I have no doubts that those shots were from the real thing. I honestly don't know how Scholastic thought they could trust several thousand empolyees from Borders to Walmart NOT to open those cases until this Saturday. I'm sure there must be hundreds of copies out by now. It kills me to think of people, like those I found on a particular website forum just now, planning to scream things at the lines of waiting Potter fans this Friday night. That's just sick. Having said that, I just had to sneak a peak or two. And I must say...the last couple of pages were nothing like what I was expecting. I may have snuck a peak or two, but I have more questions than ever that need answering on Saturday. I figure I should finish it before midnight. At 8:00 am, I'll be standing in front of my local Walmart waiting to get in.
    Walking through San Francisco today, a guy came around the corner with a case of books and a lookout near Powell Street Bart. Sold out at $50 a book in less than 3 minutes. He said he would be back with several more cases.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PanTheMan View Post
    Walking through San Francisco today, a guy came around the corner with a case of books and a lookout near Powell Street Bart. Sold out at $50 a book in less than 3 minutes. He said he would be back with several more cases.
    I remember seeing mom and pop stores a couple years ago who set them out on the shelves as soon as they arrived. Oops.

As for this guy in SF, I guess anyone could call themselves a bookstore and send in a requisition for the books. How would they know? If wholesale is something like 10 bucks, 50 bucks a book is good business.

Let's see...if it takes 8 hours to drive to San Francisco...hmmmm....

• A New Kind Of Villain

OK, so I just finished Chapter 13 of 39. Now that I've had sleep, I'll continue going til morning since I'm working and I can multi-task.

Some highlights of mine:

Spoiler
    Bellatrix Lestrange acting all lovey-dovey towards Voldemort was amazingly HOT in a creepy way.

The Order Of the Phoenix attempts to move Harry from Privet Drive by creating 6 Harry Potter doubles by the usse of Polyjuice Potion. As they run away, Mad-Eye Moody seemingly dies. A mistaken shot from Harry's wand kills Hedwig. George, who was a Harry double, loses an ear... Oh, and Voldemort can fly (Maybe Red Bull gave him wings)

They eventually make it to the burrow, where on his 17th birthday, the minister Scimgeour arrives and tells Harry that Dumbledore left Harry in his will, the Snitch he caught during his first Quidditch game. It has the memory sense of Harry's touch and it's hinted that it will somehow open ONLY for him. He also happened to leave him Gryffyndor's sword, but the minister refuses to give it to him because he says it's of historical value.

Bill and Fleur's wedding is interrupted by the announcement that the Minister of Magic, Scrimgeour has died, followed by an attach on the Burrow. Harry, Ron and Hermione escape and eventually set up shop at Sirius' house.

At Sirius' house, they realize RAB is Regalus, Sirius' brother and ultimately fint out that the locket is with Umbridge. They infiltrate the Ministry of Magic to get it and find that Muggle-borns are being rounded-up and tried because the rumor is the reason they have magic is because they stole it from a real witch or wizard. They are tried in court individually and then sent to Azkaban unless they have a ancestor of magical descent. Umbridge leads the trials, from who Harry and Hermione take the locket and break free all the Muggle-borns waiting to be tried

Sorry I can't go too far into detail... I need to get back to reading
    Last edited by Sadako; 07-19-2007 at 12:05 AM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Minion

Blog Entries

sadako, i only readthe first line, lol

expected

and i have a great theory

Spoiler
    i think should could go down in a few ways, but one was that she would "take the bullet" for Voldy and dramatically say "I...Love you..." and have him just complelty blow her off, lol "oh, pity..."

but anyway, i'm just evil

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    OK, so I just finished Chapter 13 of 39. Now that I've had sleep, I'll continue going til morning since I'm working and I can multi-task.

Some highlights of mine:

Spoiler
    Bellatrix Lestrange acting all lovey-dovey towards Voldemort was amazingly HOT in a creepy way.

The Order Of the Phoenix attempts to move Harry from Privet Drive by creating 6 Harry Potter doubles by the usse of Polyjuice Potion. As they run away, Mad-Eye Moody seemingly dies. A mistaken shot from Harry's wand kills Hedwig. Fred, who was a Harry double, loses an ear... Oh, and Voldemort can fly (Maybe Red Bull gave him wings)

They eventually make it to the burrow, where on his 17th birthday, the minister Scimgeour arrives and tells Harry that Dumbledore left Harry in his will, the Snitch he caught during his first Quidditch game. It has the memory sense of Harry's touch and it's hinted that it will somehow open ONLY for him. He also happened to leave him Gryffyndor's sword, but the minister refuses to give it to him because he says it's of historical value.

Bill and Fleur's wedding is interrupted by the announcement that the Minister of Magic, Scrimgeour has died, followed by an attach on the Burrow. Harry, Ron and Hermione escape and eventually set up shop at Sirius' house.

At Sirius' house, they realize RAB is Regalus, Sirius' brother and ultimately fint out that the locket is with Umbridge. They infiltrate the Ministry of Magic to get it and find that Muggle-borns are being rounded-up and tried because the rumor is the reason they have magic is because they stole it from a real witch or wizard. They are tried in court individually and then sent to Azkaban unless they have a ancestor of magical descent. Umbridge leads the trials, from who Harry and Hermione take the locket and break free all the Muggle-borns waiting to be tried

Sorry I can't go too far into detail... I need to get back to reading
    How could you be any more detailed than that? Chapter 13 is like a story within a story.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Original Mice-Chatter

Spoiler
    Hedwig??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AUGH!

• Original Mice-Chatter

NY Times review

Very minor spoiler-ish info.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, I keep reading this thread and I won't have to read the book.

I like all the things posted right now, except for some of the deaths of course.

Anybody going to the HP Partys? My family and I are going to the Barnes N Noble like we did for Book 6, should be fun with all the costumes and wand making.

• Banned User

even with all the info I am still excited and eager to read the last book. It's funny, I bought the first three books for my son ( who was in 6th grade i think at the time.) from a scholastic bookfare. He didn't like to read and I thought they would peak his interest but at the time they didn't so I decided to read them, then my husband picked them up, and finally my son. We were all hooked. that was 8 years ago. At least the books are finished, we still have 2 action packed movies to go. I think I spent almost as many years of my youth tied up in the original star wars saga.

• Oh bother!

Count me in as someone who wants spoilers! Now! Now Now! Instant gratification PLEASE!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234561328 ... LastLast