Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

ha ha, i'm on chapter 7 right now so nothing new for you, but if i pass up sadako (higly doubt it ) i'll fill ya'll in.

• Original Mice-Chatter

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Tease

• Minion

Blog Entries

[spoiler]Dumbledore's past is in fact dark. turns out, his father was a muggle hater who was sent to Azkaban. his mom was a muggleborn who was very haughty. he had a squib sister who died mysteriously and the reason him and aberforth don't have a great relationship isbecause aberforth blamed dumbledore for his sisters death.[spoiler]

just so you know, that was a misreport...not wrong, but not completly right. the book explains. you'll be thinking too until your meet aberforth, then it becomes tragic and you side with daddy, lol
    Last edited by krystledm; 07-20-2007 at 11:42 AM.

• A New Kind Of Villain

I'm just gonna give a few big ones because I'm actually swamped in work and yet I'm still reading at the same time. I'm on about page 500 - Chapter 24. Read on to find out what the Deathly Hallows refers to

Spoiler
    BTW, Mad Eye Moody is in fact dead. Harry took his wacky Eye, which was being hung on the door to Umbridge's office at the Ministry and buried it far away during their travels.

Apparently the Deathly Hallows are three items given to 3 brothers by Death, which combined, makes one more powerful than Death. The items are:

An Uber-Powerful wand that can defeat any other [As you can imagine, Voldemort is off looking for this, even though Harry & Co. assume he doesn't know about the Deathly Hallows, only that he's looking for an Uber-Powerful Wand]

A stone that can bring back the dead

An invisibility cloak with no faults.

Guess which one Harry already has [It was in his family because Harry is apparently a descendant of one of the 3 brothers]. They believe the stone is on the ring that was the Horcrux Dumbledore destroyed. Harry is certain the ring is inside the Snitch Dumbledore left him.

Also, the only item that can seemingly destroy Horcruxes is the Sword of Gryffindor. The Sword was inside the Headmaster's office at Hogwart's ( BTW; Snape is now Headmaster ). Although as only Harry & Co. know, that one was a fake and Dumbledore hid the real one because he knew the Ministry would not give it to Harry. Harry actually was guided to the real sword by a Silver Doe (Patronus)... although who's Patronus it was remains a mystery.

Ron actually destroyed the locket. He had to face his fears. The locket actually tried to get him to kill Ron and Hermione by feeding off his self-esteem issues before he destroyed it.

Um... they just escaped Malfoy Manor. Harry and Co. got caught and taken to Malfoy Manor and escaped thanks to Dobby's elf magic. [BTW, Bellatrix used the Crucio curse on Hermione... it was HOT!] While there, Wormtail actually strangled himself (yep, another death) with the silver arm Voldemort gave him after failing to strangle Potter.

During the escape from Malfoy Manor, Dobby was impaled by the Sword of Gryffindor and died.

That's it for now... back to the book... I'm about 2/3rd's through it and I just can't flip to the end... I need to go through the journey before reaching the conclusion :-p
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• A New Kind Of Villain

At the end of Chapter 24 another Oh Snap! moment

Spoiler
    Dumbledore was the last owner of the Elder Wand (The Deathly Hallow). Harry and Voldemort found out at the same time, but by that point, Voldemort was already at Hogwarts. He dug up Dumbledore's grave and pried the Wand from his hands...

Harry & Co. are about to break into the Lestrange's vault at Gringott's because he's convinced there's a Horcrux in there.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• A New Kind Of Villain

Spoiler
    So... in short... they found the Hufflepuff cup in the Lestrange vault.

Very strange chapter...

Although they did lose the Gryffindor sword to Griphook, the Goblin that helped them break into Gringott's.

They actually managed to escape Gringott's by freeing the Guard Dragon and riding on it's back.

One more Horcrux to go...

I gotta run for a few hours, but will continue reading around 9:00 pm
    Julie Rei

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Spoiler
    So wait...Harry kills Hedwig? Oh wow...

The book sounds great and the spoilers couldn't have me more excited.

EDIT: Sadako...have you been looking at the photo leaks or did you actually get a hand on the book? If its the photos, has any of it been incredibly hard to read?
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 07-19-2007 at 09:38 PM.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Spoiler
    So wait...Harry kills Hedwig? Oh wow...

The book sounds great and the spoilers couldn't have me more excited.

EDIT: Sadako...have you been looking at the photo leaks or did you actually get a hand on the book? If its the photos, has any of it been incredibly hard to read?

i'm reading the same thing she is and yes it's kindof hard, the pages fade out towards thebottom

and to answer your question in to box

Spoiler
    harry doesn't. a spell fired at hagrid hit hedwig and killed her. this was when they were transporting harry to the burrow.

and purespeculation but

Spoiler
    OMG! Ginny is following them! or at least her patronus is, lol hary just ran into a Doe patronus who had no owner in sight. lets hear a collective "awwwww"

btw, just got to chaper 20

• Minion

Blog Entries

i just had my first cry at the end of chapter 23

and so it begins...

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    I'm just gonna give a few big ones because I'm actually swamped in work and yet I'm still reading at the same time. I'm on about page 500 - Chapter 24. Read on to find out what the Deathly Hallows refers to

Spoiler
    BTW, Mad Eye Moody is in fact dead. Harry took his wacky Eye, which was being hung on the door to Umbridge's office at the Ministry and buried it far away during their travels.

Apparently the Deathly Hallows are three items given to 3 brothers by Death, which combined, makes one more powerful than Death. The items are:

An Uber-Powerful wand that can defeat any other [As you can imagine, Voldemort is off looking for this, even though Harry & Co. assume he doesn't know about the Deathly Hallows, only that he's looking for an Uber-Powerful Wand]

A stone that can bring back the dead

An invisibility cloak with no faults.

Guess which one Harry already has [It was in his family because Harry is apparently a descendant of one of the 3 brothers]. They believe the stone is on the ring that was the Horcrux Dumbledore destroyed. Harry is certain the ring is inside the Snitch Dumbledore left him.

Also, the only item that can seemingly destroy Horcruxes is the Sword of Gryffindor. The Sword was inside the Headmaster's office at Hogwart's ( BTW; Snape is now Headmaster ). Although as only Harry & Co. know, that one was a fake and Dumbledore hid the real one because he knew the Ministry would not give it to Harry. Harry actually was guided to the real sword by a Silver Doe (Patronus)... although who's Patronus it was remains a mystery. GINNY! i think, i hope!

Ron actually destroyed the locket. He had to face his fears. The locket actually tried to get him to kill harry and Hermione by feeding off his self-esteem issues before he destroyed it. (now that was hot, lol, words likekiss and entwinging bodies...poor ronald, lol)

Um... they just escaped Malfoy Manor. Harry and Co. got caught and taken to Malfoy Manor and escaped thanks to Dobby's elf magic. [BTW, Bellatrix used the Crucio curse on Hermione... it was HOT!] While there, Wormtail actually strangled himself (yep, another death) with the silver arm Voldemort gave him after failing to strangle Potter.

During the escape from Malfoy Manor, Dobby was impaled by a dagger bella had thrown and died.

That's it for now... back to the book... I'm about 2/3rd's through it and I just can't flip to the end... I need to go through the journey before reaching the conclusion :-p

just wanted to correct a few things that were a little off, lol i underlined my changes to her synopsis

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    and purespeculation but

Spoiler
    OMG! Ginny is following them! or at least her patronus is, lol hary just ran into a Doe patronus who had no owner in sight. lets hear a collective "awwwww"

btw, just got to chaper 20
    Want a real quick spoiler regarding that speculation?

Spoiler
    The Patronus was Snape's

I sh*t you not... Wait til you get there...
    Julie Rei

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sadako View Post
    Want a real quick spoiler regarding that speculation?

Spoiler
    The Patronus was Snape's

I sh*t you not... Wait til you get there...
    bloody hell! what chapter? i'm on 26 now

i could have sworn up and down...

kindof funny, not a buck....a doe.....tellin us a little something maybe? lol

btw, i hope you didn't mind me fixing some of ur stuff....

• A New Kind Of Villain

I just finished... it's hard to put things in words right now.... it really didn't pick up too much until about the last 75 pages....

Spoiler
    I cried while reading Snape's story... he was loyal to Dumbledore because of his never-ending love for Lily... Dumbledore in fact planned it as he was cursed and about to die. He knew Draco was supposed to try and kill him and instead asked Snape to be the one to kill him to save Draco's soul...

The amount of deaths were staggering... unfortunately some it seemed were just because she felt the need... there was no reason behind so many of them and they were just kind of on the wayside...

Here's a full list of the dead:

Spoiler
    Hedwig
    Mad-Eye Moody
    Dobby
    Wormtail
    Crabbe
    Snape
    Fred Weasley
    Bellatrix Lestrange
    Remus Lupin
    Tonks
    and of course... Lord Voldemort

So in short

Spoiler
    Harry lives and ends up marrying Ginny. They have 3 children, Lily, James and Albus Severus.

Hermione and Ron get married as well.

Before they died, Tonks and Lupin had a son together. Teddy. Harry is his Godfather

I'll write more later... I'm just overwhelmed and tired right now
    Julie Rei

• A New Kind Of Villain

I found a great picture that explains everything:

http://hazkid.com/harrypotter/spoilers.png
    Julie Rei

• Oh bother!

Sadako - thank you VERY much!

My grandmother started buying me the books and she is American, hence I have American editions. But I live in Canada, so it's going to take an extra few days for the book to reach me and I just COULDN't wait!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast