Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Spoiler
    I don't know. I guess it depends on how much time Rowling spends on his redemption. I mean, honestly, he's been written for the last few books as being a grade-A jerk and it will take a LOT to properly redeem him in my eyes. Especially knowing that one of the Weasley's is going to get it anyways. Why can't PERCY die...urgh

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows- Book Discussion & MAJOR spoilers-Enter at UR

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Spoiler
    I don't know. I guess it depends on how much time Rowling spends on his redemption. I mean, honestly, he's been written for the last few books as being a grade-A jerk and it will take a LOT to properly redeem him in my eyes. Especially knowing that one of the Weasley's is going to get it anyways. Why can't PERCY die...urgh
    you wanna know who, i just read that part?

Spoiler
    It's fred isn't it?
    Siggy siggy sig sig.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Spoiler
    yep, and george lost his ear.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Spoiler
    I knew about that...le sigh

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate View Post
    Spoiler
    According to that one picture, Harry's an 7th Horcrux. So much for that seven pieces of soul thing, Voldy. It better be intentional or I'll be VERY upset because as far as we know, you can't accidentally make a Horcrux. Unless Voldy tries to make him one during the book, but still. That, and even with the introduction/explanation of the Deathly Hallows, I'm not sure how well it sits with me that Harry gets killed off and then brought back. That, and I was hoping that Voldy's death would be a bit more, exciting. Although poetic as a backfired AK might be, I wanted Harry to actually kill him somehow. Oh well. We'll find out more details too. Molly kills Bellatrix, that's interesting. And Crabbe destroys a Horcrux...interesting-er.
    I'll try and answer these quickly:

Spoiler
    When the Avra Kedavra Voldemort cast on baby Harry backfired, apparently a part of Voldy's soul stuck to Hary, making him a Horcrux. Yep, it was unintentional.

Harry finds out about this from Snape's final memories (As Snape's dying, memories pour from him and Harry views them in the Pensieve) and believes that to defeat Voldemort he must die as well specifically at Voldemort's hand to destroy the Horcrux. Harry comes to Voldemort for the final confrontation prepared to die. Voldemort casts Avra Kedavra on him, which destroys the Horcrux, but Harry doesn't die because they share the same blood (Book 4), the blood infused with the protection spell Lily cast.

This just destroys the Horcrux, Voldy actually dies when in the final confrontation Harry reveals that he is the true owner of the Elder wand Voldemort carries and the wand will not obey him. Voldy casts Avra Kedavra, Harry casts Expeliarmus. The Elder Wand flies from Voldy's hand, hitting him with the curse he just cast.

The best part of Molly killing Bellatrix is she actually calls he a bitch first.

As for Crabbe. He cast a magical fire in the Room of Hidden Things, trying to kill Harry and instead, it burns everything to a crisp, including the Ravenclaw's Diadem, which was a Horcrux. Crabbe also fails to escape the burning inferno, thus dying.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Original Mice-Chatter

ok- that was officially too much for me. Darn it.

As of right now- no more spoilers. I am going to rest now-and will rejoin tomorrow.

• Minion

Blog Entries

just finished the book

and i must say

Molly, YOUR ROCK!

• Original Mice-Chatter

wow-

Almost half done......so far amazing!

Got to run- be back later!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

First 100 pages are done. I'm not sure what Sadako was talking about in her thread as I haven't been able to put the book down yet. I was expecting to snooze through the first 600 pages, so I wasn't expecting all of the fireworks. One death so far....

Back to the book...

• Pirata del Caribe

Errr, so there will be sequels after all.
    Becuase you cant pretend to not have sequels leaving everything with a brand new generation.

"Albus Severus Potter" is the new hero, or perhaps he´s the new villain.
    The new adventures of Harry Potter, Ron, Hermione and Ginny in their lives of marriage.

Sequels, many sequels indeed.
    How original XD
    We don´t wanna be like you. Don´t you get that King of Fools?
    You're the blind to lead the blind.And I walk the wicked way!
    Uno, dos, ya viene por tí
    tres, cuatro, cierra la puerta,
    cinco, seis, mira el crucifijo
    siete, ocho, no duermas aún
    nueve, diez, nunca dormirás...

• Former Epcot CM

Spoiler
    I HATE SEVERUS SNAPE. I HATE HIM I HATE HIM I HATE HIM!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Minion

Blog Entries

puppet master, you NEED to put all that in a spoiler box, some people don't want to know the end.

Until I've had a day or two to process through everything, all I really need to say at this point is "Thank you, JK Rowling for taking us along on this amazing adventure". I don't believe we'll see anything quite like Harry Potter in the rest of our lifetimes.
    Are you telling me that you built a theme park.. out of a vinery and a bear shaped mountain?!!?..
    - WestsideCM99

• Shablagoo!

Just finished. It was great.

Spoiler

Question. The names of the kids all seemed to come from people they lost. If this is true, remind me who was Rose?

Aww man, I really wanted to know what happened to Luna later in life. She's my favorite character. I miss the appendices that Lord of the Rings had where if you read through them you could see what happened to all of the characters afterwards.

Once again, Neville rocks! And so does Kreacher! I can't wait to see the Elf charge in the movie (if they shoot that scene).

I will say this. I figured Rowling was not going to just limit herself to 2 deaths. She certainly didn't. I respect her for that.

Now to go and start again.

BTW, do you think Micechat is kind of quiet today, due to a large percentage of us reading the book?

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast